TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #6041
schaffer
Tri-State Addict

Member #16147

My Ride:
2015 Tacoma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennwrx View Post
Thinking about getting a FN 57 did some research and kind of like it ,What do you think
The shoot great. My buddy has one and it's a tack driver.

The 5.7 is a great round,but its still pricey.
schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #6042
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride:
2014 Honda Accord V6, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2018 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post
I keep my gold wrapped up and try and keep fingerprints off haha. Just sayin!
I'm glad somebody understands what I'm going though.. haha
Old 04-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #6043
kennwrx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5247

I found ammo 22.00 for 50 or 479 for 2000 I dont think thats too bad a price
kennwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #6044
schaffer
Tri-State Addict

Member #16147

My Ride:
2015 Tacoma.

Rhys actually not a bad price for 2000. The 50 is a little step unless it's the fn defensive ammo.
schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #6045
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

Send a message via AIM to russiankid
Does anyone know why we can't carry in DE, MD, NJ, etc..?

http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-fi...ry/reciprocity

According to that link you can carry in many states but not the tristate states. I have a license to carry and plan on carrying in my truck but I go to MD and DE quite often as I live 10-15 from MD and DE.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #6046
kennwrx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5247

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaffer View Post
Rhys actually not a bad price for 2000. The 50 is a little step unless it's the fn defensive ammo.
didnt look all that close but they had a blue teflon tip
kennwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #6047
HaveBlue83
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13212

My Ride:
'14 Fiesta ST, 93 Summit Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiankid View Post

According to that link you can carry in many states but not the tristate states. I have a license to carry and plan on carrying in my truck but I go to MD and DE quite often as I live 10-15 from MD and DE.
um DE is open carry and is PA OK. I do it regularly especially when I get my haircut lol.

from a gun board "You may open carry in Delaware even if you are an out of state resident. (as long as you are legally allowed to own a firearm) The firearm must be kept "in plain view" at all times. In your car, that means the dash or the passenger seat for example. Your Pa. LTCF (as I'm sure your aware) is useless in Delaware. "

MD is NO carry, but CCW is coming slowly to them....big push recently for it. PRNJ is as good as Cali....not at all LOL.

Guns, Girls & Cars...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by HaveBlue83; 04-27-2012 at 11:24 PM.
HaveBlue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #6048
HaveBlue83
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13212

My Ride:

and here's the "**** Bag Soldier of The Day" award at work:

Guns, Girls & Cars...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #6049
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Quote:

Even with the harassment and shenanigans that go on every once in a while, PA is actually very gun-friendly as far as states go. Here in PA we're on an island of logic, reason and liberty and we're surrounded by anti-gun states. The best way to "get around it" is to get a Utah non-resident permit which allows you to carry in both DE and OH (and more too, but no more that border PA). As for MD, NJ, NY: absolutely no carry at all, ever. Why? You'll have to ask the morons who vote for anti-gun public officials in those states because none of us sane people could possibly understand why.

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 04-28-2012 at 01:19 AM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #6050
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
um DE is open carry and is PA OK. I do it regularly especially when I get my haircut lol.

from a gun board "You may open carry in Delaware even if you are an out of state resident. (as long as you are legally allowed to own a firearm) The firearm must be kept "in plain view" at all times. In your car, that means the dash or the passenger seat for example. Your Pa. LTCF (as I'm sure your aware) is useless in Delaware. "

MD is NO carry, but CCW is coming slowly to them....big push recently for it. PRNJ is as good as Cali....not at all LOL.
What if I take the magazine out of my pistol that is in my glove box for example and put the mag somewhere else? The gun isn't loaded then, would I still have to open carry?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #6051
HaveBlue83
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13212

My Ride:

MD and NJ dont even bring that **** with you.

DE & PA load it upp. remember YOU are responsible for knowing the laws. it goes with responsible gun ownership!

Guns, Girls & Cars...
Old 04-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #6052
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

Quote:
What if I take the magazine out of my pistol that is in my glove box for example and put the mag somewhere else? The gun isn't loaded then, would I still have to open carry?
don't ever cross into delaware with the gun until you have either a florida or utah non-resident permit and you'll avoid all issues. open carry is fine if that suits you, but open carry in the car means literally place the firearm on your dash board, etc. it's a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

dealing with the police regarding open carry is difficult enough as it is in our home state because most are either uninformed about of firearm laws or they completely disregard them because they have personal or political opinions about "citizens" carrying. add in the fact that you're out of state and the firearm itself is off your body and laying in the open and things probably won't be fun for you.

again, regarding carry and handguns in general: doesn't matter if the gun is field stripped and you stash the parts around the car, absolutely do not ever bring the gun or even ammo to MD, NY, or NJ at all and do not carry in or even bring the gun to DE at all until you have a utah or florida non-res permit (or unless you're willing to perform the circus act that is open carrying in DE).

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 04-29-2012 at 01:43 AM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #6053
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

Thanks for the info. People need to be more responsible with firearms and stupid laws would not be created.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #6054
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
Ok it kind of freaks me out that I made this thread over 6 years ago.

Just throwing it out there. I have a springfield 1911 right now... anyone have thoughts on trading it in for a colt. I love how it shoots but I am not a fan of it's sights and they are not swappable. Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
S4toSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #6055
99corvette
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19389

My Ride:
08 Trailblazer SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toSTI View Post

Just throwing it out there. I have a springfield 1911 right now... anyone have thoughts on trading it in for a colt. I love how it shoots but I am not a fan of it's sights and they are not swappable. Any thoughts?
I owned a springfield 1911 loaded, father owns a colt 70 series. I ended up selling my 1911, will buy another one in the future, the Colt hands down was a better gun. I see your from narberth, I live right outside of the narberth tunnel in wynnewood.
99corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #6056
HaveBlue83
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13212

My Ride:

fired a Colt 1911 from 1923-ish. better than my 1911A1 from SA. it shot groups half the size....but what can u expect

Guns, Girls & Cars...
Old 05-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #6057
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Send a message via AIM to cmr076
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toSTI View Post

Holy **** your alive!?!?
cmr076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #6058
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:
1990 SHO RIP:(, MKIII Supra

Went to the outdoor range the other day, I had a great grouping at 40 yards but while looking down the scope I realized I move a lot, any practices you can do to steady your hand. Oh and if anyone is interested there's a big gun show at the oaks convention center this weekend

Quote:
Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.
SHOdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #6059
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
Went to the outdoor range the other day, I had a great grouping at 40 yards but while looking down the scope I realized I move a lot, any practices you can do to steady your hand. Oh and if anyone is interested there's a big gun show at the oaks convention center this weekend
Pistol? Rifle? There are great resources for target shooting techniques out there, with just a quick Google search should be able to dig up some good material.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #6060
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:
1990 SHO RIP:(, MKIII Supra

Rifle it was a 9mm AR

Quote:
Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.
SHOdude is offline   Reply With Quote