TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
boostedsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #19393

My Ride:
95 talon AWD

zilvia people(rant)

well i've never ranted on this site before and i think its time. I First want to say that I've owned 2 240's before.
I just really don't get 240 owners. they think there early 90's car with rust out of its a$$ is worth so much more than anyone else's car.
I posted my jetta on zilvia(a 240 site as most of you know) to see if i could get an offer on a s13 240sx + cash on top to equal the trade.

well, heres the responses i got so far(definitely more to come):

http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/378575...ml#post3985796

I'm not saying every 240sx is worth sh!t, because there are some clean,built, and repainted s14's out there that are worth a good 10k ( like OBEEWON's rides). but i just really don't see how I'm insane wanting to trade for a 3k s13 + cash? Is it just me? please, opinions needed.

Last edited by boostedsm; 04-14-2011 at 09:11 AM.
boostedsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
evomike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2578

My Ride:
03 duramax and a 04 evo

Honestly your jetta is worth about the same as a nicely nodded 240, some cars are worth more than others it's just how it works.
evomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Slevin
Tri-State Addict

Member #19794

people are dumb, that's really what it always comes down to.
Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
boostedsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #19393

My Ride:
95 talon AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
people are dumb, that's really what it always comes down to.
x222
Old 04-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
boostedsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #19393

My Ride:
95 talon AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
Honestly your jetta is worth about the same as a nicely nodded 240, some cars are worth more than others it's just how it works.
i hear you on that, but like i said, theres plenty of rusted 1990 240's for 3k. i have a 11 year old newer car in much better condition for 5500. and i'm crazy for wanting to trade + cash?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #6
Reese
Tri-State Addict

Member #19347

My Ride:
TST Since Oct. 2006

Its zilvia lol..... enuff said...not a fan unlessi want rims

My

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
yo! --
Reese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #7
itwillboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17521

My Ride:
GDE6, L30T

240's are for fan boys now so their price is driven up. I love 240's, but they are overpriced for 20 year old cars when they are stock and beaten up. You posting on zilvia though is a fail, what do you expect posting that on a 240 site. I kinda stuck up for you but your better off looking for a 240 after you sell the car for cash. ANd remember a clean 240 is going to cost you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

5th annual Northeast Nissan Summer Meet
itwillboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
mr_eh
Tri-State Addict

Member #1149

My Ride:
Zenki S14 - Sold the SRT4

Zilvia is a rough crowd, I posted some pictures of my sr20 being built on there and they were more interested in how much wheel gap I had =|

no thread for current s2000.
mr_eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
Reese
Tri-State Addict

Member #19347

My Ride:
TST Since Oct. 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_eh View Post
Zilvia is a rough crowd, I posted some pictures of my sr20 being built on there and they were more interested in how much wheel gap I had =|
Yeah that place is for the birds....i have never drifted with any of them dudes at any events.....its all just a bunch of blah blah blah

My

yo! --
Old 04-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
evomike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2578

My Ride:
03 duramax and a 04 evo

Quote:
That's cause they are trying to rid the world of ugly drift cars
Old 04-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
Reese
Tri-State Addict

Member #19347

My Ride:
TST Since Oct. 2006

Quote:
lol

My

yo! --
Old 04-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #12
boostedsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #19393

My Ride:
95 talon AWD

LOL thanks guys
Old 04-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #13
mr_eh
Tri-State Addict

Member #1149

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
Yeah that place is for the birds....i have never drifted with any of them dudes at any events.....its all just a bunch of blah blah blah
I don't think I'll try my hand at drifting but I'd like to meet SOME 240sx enthusiasts, not drift enthusiasts, harder than you would think... nothing against drifting just not for me

Quote:
BUT THEY GOT STANCE

Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #14
boostedsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #19393

My Ride:
95 talon AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwillboost View Post
240's are for fan boys now so their price is driven up. I love 240's, but they are overpriced for 20 year old cars when they are stock and beaten up. You posting on zilvia though is a fail, what do you expect posting that on a 240 site. I kinda stuck up for you but your better off looking for a 240 after you sell the car for cash. ANd remember a clean 240 is going to cost you.
yea i see now posting on zilvia-fail
thanks for the advice!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #15
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

I've owned two 240's and an 01 wolfsburg Jetta. I really don't think you are asking for anything unrealistic in the way of your trade. It just seems like you went on to a site with a very over inflated sense of what their cars are worth outside of the little world they post in. Swapped 240's with ok paint, rims and lowered are a dime a dozen. The problem is they post their ok car on a forum with a hundred people telling them how sick it looks and all of a sudden they start seeing the car with rose colored glasses. In their mind where once a 240 sat is now a show prepped race car ready to hit the streets at night and the show floor during the day winning first place at both every time. So now you've entered their world and implied a grocery getter is worth a little bit more because it's a decade newer.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #16
mr_eh
Tri-State Addict

Member #1149

My Ride:

I paid 2000$ for my 240 and considered myself extremely lucky & fortunate. But yeah I think they assume you are trying to trade your car for a showroom condition / just stepped off Tsukuba circuit drift car

Old 04-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #17
boostedsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #19393

My Ride:
95 talon AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender81 View Post
I've owned two 240's and an 01 wolfsburg Jetta. I really don't think you are asking for anything unrealistic in the way of your trade. It just seems like you went on to a site with a very over inflated sense of what their cars are worth outside of the little world they post in. Swapped 240's with ok paint, rims and lowered are a dime a dozen. The problem is they post their ok car on a forum with a hundred people telling them how sick it looks and all of a sudden they start seeing the car with rose colored glasses. In their mind where once a 240 sat is now a show prepped race car ready to hit the streets at night and the show floor during the day winning first place at both every time. So now you've entered their world and implied a grocery getter is worth a little bit more because it's a decade newer.
good way to put it. +1 for you
Old 04-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #18
boostedsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #19393

My Ride:
95 talon AWD

Quote:
I paid 2000$ for my 240 and considered myself extremely lucky & fortunate. But yeah I think they assume you are trying to trade your car for a showroom condition / just stepped off Tsukuba circuit drift car
LOL
Old 04-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #19
evomike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2578

My Ride:
03 duramax and a 04 evo

I think it's the way you worded it, if you said a car with a ka and a few mods it would have went differently.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #20
boostedsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #19393

My Ride:
95 talon AWD

Quote:
I think it's the way you worded it, if you said a car with a ka and a few mods it would have went differently.
true. i just edited it lol

honestly not too sure if i want one anymore