TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Road Racing
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-20-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
!Funny
Tri-State Addict

Member #7213

My Ride:
1987 Ford Fiesta DERRBO

Anyone going to this tomorrow at NJMP? (non SCCA members welcome)

http://www.sjr-scca.org/

its the March Lion; a Time Trials, and PDX (Performance driving experience) event.

you don't need to be a member of SCCA as far as i know. But it does cost 200 bucks for the Performance Driving Experience.

Which is a competition free race around the track with an instructor.

I might go there and shoot some photos, but if there won't be a big turnout I don't want to trek all the way over there. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
!Funny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
AJ Hartman
Tri-State Addict

Member #10560

My Ride:
98 Mustang/99 mustang

hey man. ill be there. im doing the pdx. alwaysinboost will be there too. i have a maroon 98 mustang GT. as far as i know im the only mustang that signed up for the pdx. stop by if u see me.
AJ Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #3
cluelessmale
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #3059

We are here with the Formula 500 team
cluelessmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:46 PM   #4
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

Send a message via AIM to Charged SVTF Send a message via Yahoo to Charged SVTF
Ran out of funding for this. I will be at the autoX tomorrow instead.

FocusSport CoolFlo Intake - Focus Central 65mm TB - Ford Racing Coated Headers - Cat Delete - Borla 2.5"
Charged SVTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
MVPhoto
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #11148

Pretty fun day, AJ is this you in my first pic? I got a lot more to upload and edit!

MVPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #6
C'DALERIDER
Tri-State Addict

Member #1064

My Ride:
'04WRX,'06STI;WRBX2,850awhp

What track were you on? I was at NJMSP yesterday with friends (Lee, Huff and Miles from RaceComp enginering notables) to race Carts. A LOT of fun! But that place was jamming with sick cars on both Lightning and Thunderbolt! I NEED to join.
The wheel in front of me twitches and pulses with enormous energy as it tries desperately to pull away from my gasping breaths. My legs ache, the pain beginning deep, unbelievably deep, slowly creeping up through the layers of my consciousness, finally reaching the threshold where my struggle to ignore it is overcome and it comes gushing out in great spasms.
C'DALERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
MVPhoto
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #11148

hey man, i went back and forth between both Thunderbolt and Lightning. Here's a few more pics....which track were you at?

Old 03-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
C'DALERIDER
Tri-State Addict

Member #1064

My Ride:
'04WRX,'06STI;WRBX2,850awhp

Great pictures man.
ahhh, We were playing at the Carting track (frinds b-day). But we drove down, 5 realy fast baddass subies (400-->490 awhp with major suspension works, more than track worthy) just sitting there at the carting track...lol. I was hoping someone would come take my car on the track. WE were enjoying watching the cars flying on Lightning! My two friends with me are 20 year veteran driving instructors (Lee and Tim) at Glen and Summit and soon at NJMSP, so i have to join SOMETHING asap and get some track time. But honestly, racing the Carts is extremly fun and cheaper. But alas, My heart still belongs to racing bicycles and always will.

<---beat Huff and Miles (race comp enginering inc) pretty bad...
The wheel in front of me twitches and pulses with enormous energy as it tries desperately to pull away from my gasping breaths. My legs ache, the pain beginning deep, unbelievably deep, slowly creeping up through the layers of my consciousness, finally reaching the threshold where my struggle to ignore it is overcome and it comes gushing out in great spasms.
C'DALERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #9
MVPhoto
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #11148

^^oh yeah? They looked like a ton of fun, whippin around that track. I saw three guys at one point i think in black shirts standing at a fence, watching the race/throwing rocks at some tree.....lol was that you guys?

Only thing i wish they had up was the spectator benches they had last season....it made it kind of difficult taking pictures over that fence in some spots. Overall, it was a great day for racing though! When are you going again?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #10
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:
04 EVO Wrecked by Oakes Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPhoto View Post
Pretty fun day, AJ is this you in my first pic? I got a lot more to upload and edit!

thanks for the pic, thats my car behind AJ ! Let me know if you have anymore. I've got some vids I need to go threw and edit but I was taking footage from inside the car and in the rear. the back facing camera is awesome, its cool to see the cars vanish into a spec on the straights.

Saturday was the most fun I've ever had on a track. that lightning course is the bomb. I almost broke 150 on the long straight.

Jessie James
alwaysinboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #11
MVPhoto
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #11148

^^i think i might have a few more pics... I didnt even notice that camera until you said that! You must have some pretty need vids.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #12
willthethrill
Tri-State Addict

Member #1683

My Ride:
Infiniti G35 6mt, Datsun 510

Send a message via AIM to willthethrill
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysinboost View Post
thanks for the pic, thats my car behind AJ ! Let me know if you have anymore. I've got some vids I need to go threw and edit but I was taking footage from inside the car and in the rear. the back facing camera is awesome, its cool to see the cars vanish into a spec on the straights.

Saturday was the most fun I've ever had on a track. that lightning course is the bomb. I almost broke 150 on the long straight.
hahaha that car vanishing into a spec was me on several occasions I would love to see the video of it.
me in a nasty sandwich

here are my pics from the day http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...%20NJMP%20PDX/
I agree this was my first time on lightning and it is so far my favorite course.

willthethrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #13
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:

^ I remember your car. We had a guy in our group with a grey g35.

I tried putting some of the vids together last night but I got distracted, hopefully I can do a little more with it tonight.

Jessie James
Old 03-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #14
willthethrill
Tri-State Addict

Member #1683

My Ride:

Quote:
^ I remember your car. We had a guy in our group with a grey g35.

I tried putting some of the vids together last night but I got distracted, hopefully I can do a little more with it tonight.
Yeah that would be awesome. I only have vid from my last two runs, even with my camera set to the lowest resolution they are still to large to upload. I will try to cut them into smaller sections tonight.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #15
MVPhoto
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #11148

willthethrill, is this you?

Old 03-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #16
willthethrill
Tri-State Addict

Member #1683

My Ride:

Quote:
willthethrill, is this you?

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa107/Boost_V/IMG_0152copy.jpg[/IMG]

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa107/Boost_V/IMG_015k2copy.jpg[/IMG]

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa107/Boost_V/IMG_0558.jpg[/IMG]
Yeah thats me!!! You got some awesome shots, thanks! Let me know if you have any others

Old 03-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #17
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:

here is my first attempt at messing with MS movie maker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRCz-4ynAaw

Jessie James
Old 03-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #18
willthethrill
Tri-State Addict

Member #1683

My Ride:

Quote:
here is my first attempt at messing with MS movie maker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRCz-4ynAaw
damn i need a faster car

Old 03-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #19
MVPhoto
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #11148

^^That's a sick video!! What cams were used?

willthrill i'll let you now asap! Nice car man!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #20
AJ Hartman
Tri-State Addict

Member #10560

My Ride:
98 Mustang/99 mustang

Quote:

yeah. thats me in the lead. but alwaysinboost pretty much passed me right after that like i was standing still haha. that was a bad ass day. super fun track.

Last edited by AJ Hartman; 03-24-2009 at 09:38 PM.
AJ Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote