TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
Your Favorite Car related story/ Experience(s)

I searched first and nuthin popped up so this aint a repeat to my knowledge. So, we're all car people here, and being car people, we like do do car related things. Now there are autoshows and going to dealers, driving various cars, etc. But certain experiences usually stand out amongst others. What are your favorite car related experiences. Anything goes, weather u saw a bugatti on the street, went to an amazing event, or maybe u drove an enzo or w/e lets hear it. post pics or links if u got them too.
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
SLVRSUBBIEREX
Tri-State Addict

Member #6117

My Ride:
2006 Subaru WRX

drove a nextel cup car around a track for a couple laps. going over 140 and still being completely legal is a rush

Quote:

Real friends don't let friends drive Honda's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
SLVRSUBBIEREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:03 AM   #3
jdm free
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1481

My Ride:
6spd Civic

Send a message via AIM to jdm free
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRSUBBIEREX View Post
drove a nextel cup car around a track for a couple laps. going over 140 and still being completely legal is a rush
i would love to do that even tho im not a nascar fan but i love goin to pocono for the weekend in the infield. that would definitely be one of my fav car related memory/story. but i was way too intoxicated to operate any vehicle that weekend.
jdm free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:17 AM   #4
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
One night on 95, at like one in the AM, a tow truck lost a floor jack on I95 right between the Academy and Woodhave Rd exits, but nobody knew this. So there about five cars in my visable area, and a bunch off in the distance, i.e.- just taillights, and all I see are these sparks and I say to my buddy who's sitting shotty in my (at the time) Teg, "That's nuts, must be some lowriders droppin' frame up there!" Low and behold it's a floor jack that is blowing wheels and suspension out and getting kicked around by cars hitting it at 65+MPH. So I speed up, trying to get a look at these "lowriders" and all of a sudden, my front end jumps and I rev out to like 9000RPM (front wheels got lifted off the ground), then we smash back down, and I'm like WTF. My buddy proceeds to ask if he just witnessed a FWD wheelie, and I pull over to see what's up. I kid you not, My '88 Integra hatch jumped over the friggin' floor jack, with zero damage, while 12 other cars got totally ****ed because of it. It was a great night.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:30 AM   #5
RC1488
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10347

My Ride:
'95 SC2

Drove a C6 vette through some back roads (hit .89g) then did some doughnuts in a church parking lot
Drove the car back to the guy...the tires still smelled like burnt rubber in his garage

Then last year drove HHR SS, Cadillac CTS, and GM's Fuel Cell Prototype

Here at school some Alum brought there Ford GT1, Mustang GT 500, C6 ZO6, Mercedes AMG 6.3 (Same car used as the pace car in F1), and off the lot 08 Subaru STI Hatchback (I raced him in the autox). Ive got pictures of them all :D
RC1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #6
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
One night on 95, at like one in the AM, a tow truck lost a floor jack on I95 right between the Academy and Woodhave Rd exits, but nobody knew this. So there about five cars in my visable area, and a bunch off in the distance, i.e.- just taillights, and all I see are these sparks and I say to my buddy who's sitting shotty in my (at the time) Teg, "That's nuts, must be some lowriders droppin' frame up there!" Low and behold it's a floor jack that is blowing wheels and suspension out and getting kicked around by cars hitting it at 65+MPH. So I speed up, trying to get a look at these "lowriders" and all of a sudden, my front end jumps and I rev out to like 9000RPM (front wheels got lifted off the ground), then we smash back down, and I'm like WTF. My buddy proceeds to ask if he just witnessed a FWD wheelie, and I pull over to see what's up. I kid you not, My '88 Integra hatch jumped over the friggin' floor jack, with zero damage, while 12 other cars got totally ****ed because of it. It was a great night.
thats intense
Old 12-03-2008, 12:33 AM   #7
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1488 View Post
Drove a C6 vette through some back roads (hit .89g) then did some doughnuts in a church parking lot
Drove the car back to the guy...the tires still smelled like burnt rubber in his garage

Here at school some Alum brought there Ford GT1, Mustang GT 500, C6 ZO6, Mercedes AMG 6.3 (Same car used as the pace car in F1), and off the lot 08 Subaru STI Hatchback (I raced him in the autox). Ive got pictures of them all :D
pics or ban
Old 12-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #8
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:
BMW E60 M5 V10 6 Speed --- Ducati Monster 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1488 View Post

yeah thats cool that they tell you the gforce right on the car
Vr-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:33 AM   #9
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Sad but true that my favorite car related experiences are rather tame lol.
I drove an unregistered Beetle (top speed 55 lol) down Route 22 through Allentown on a Sunday afternoon with the plate off of my WRX.

Other then that there are the fun runs. The day itself is fun but usually the practice runs with Cizin and Honest_Bob are better. I'll post a pic later but Cizin, Subie Sleeper and I were out driving the route for my first run I had setup myself. We were following the map I had created. We make a turn and all of a sudden we run out of pavement with a penndot survey crew tailgating us. So there is a picture of us parked off of the side of a dirt road and it looks like we staged it for the picture when in reality we pulled over trying to get out of the way.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:36 AM   #10
Stillen GLE
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6774

My Ride:
2003 Nissan Maxima GLE

Send a message via AIM to Stillen GLE
I think the best one i had, was driving a Terminator Cobra, what a car.

Stillen GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:48 AM   #11
240vert
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10173

My Ride:
93 240SX Convertible

Probably the thing I will never forget is when me and a couple friends took my car jumping on some railroad tracks by the school. We did it a few times, but the last time I was at about 75mph, and a car was right on the railroad tracks coming the other way as my car was airborne, and the look on their faces was priceless. I never have and never will attempt that again though.

I did so much stupid crap in that car and it took it, even though it had 198k on it.
240vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:27 AM   #12
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

I have a few, but heres one...So, my fam and i are down in tampa bay florida, and im lookin through DuPont registry, and i see an ad thats in tampa. So we call the number, and my dad pretends to be a real serious buyer. The guy asked what we were looking for and my dad said it depends on what they have, and tha guy replies "weve got everything". So we make an appointment. and the next day, we meet the same guy at this old fabricating plant in a kinda ghetto/industrial part of tampa. so we go into the building and there is just like a shop, then we go in the next room, and there was at least $15M worth of cars in there. And there was only like 12 or so cars. It is at this point that i will give u a list. Maserati MC12, Porsche 996 GT1, Mercedes CLK GTR (1/25), Ferrari FXX, Porsche 935, Shelby 427 Cobra, Shelby daytona Coupe (a special type ive never seen before), Mclaren F1, Ferrari Enzo (signed by pope John Paul II, 400/400), Ferrari F40 LM, a Lola Can Am car, and a shelby cobra race car. He had a Bugatti Veyron too, but it was at his house that day. I was blown away. in this little warehouse was all these astonishing cars, and ud never know if u just passed it by. It was absolutely incredible. I am at college right now, but i will try to post the pics on here over xmas break. The cars belong to a guy who owns like all of the RV dealers in Florida.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:32 AM   #13
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
I drove my 1G talon home untuned (spitting flames, loud as ****, ect) home from Deleware to Philly (1 hr 45 mins at speed limit) with no tags. That might have topped it for me.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:32 AM   #14
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
http://tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68089

Gas - $50
Entry fee - $120
The look on people's faces when they realize their exotic just got passed by a Miata doing 120 - Priceless
Old 12-03-2008, 04:04 AM   #15
Spocknasty
Meh

Member #986

Some may remember the nasty GLC project. Old Mazda race motor, drove it around open header. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ-ZV02ijPs

Well one day I just floored it through 1st probably hitting like 9k rpms going up to the Wawa on the corner a short distance away. You'd think a bomb went off. Coffee was dropped, people jumped into their cars, some people came out to look, car alarms went off. There were these two people across the street that fell to the ground they were so scared. ****ing incredible.

I <3 JSC Speed and Liquid Powder Coats!
Spocknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #16
TGilb2007
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3189

My Ride:
2006 Chevy Cobalt

Send a message via AIM to TGilb2007 Send a message via MSN to TGilb2007 Send a message via Yahoo to TGilb2007
Couple of my favorites:

First time heading to H2O, in 2007. Rode down with a bunch of guys from OceanStateDubs, and ClubBrokeStatus (why they don't like spacebar, I have no idea?), and basically spent the weekend drinking, looking at nice VWs and Audi's, drinking more, and basically, had the time of my life down there. Got to meet some awesome people too.

Other then that, driving around some of my friends cars, beating the ever-living snot out of them was a good time as well.

One story I do remember well was this though:

Me and my roommate were heading down to work on I95 outside of Warick, RI, and crusing down the left lane. We noticed all of a sudden a lot of people slowing down in a rush, and wondering wtf? All of a sudden, we start to see some sparks, and the front drivers side tire bouncing down the highway. I watched this thing jump over the concreate barrier towards oncoming traffic, and people dodging the tire all over the place. Finally, on the center right lane, a Benz SUV caught the tire. With its grille, hood, and windshield. Was a pretty intense sight.

Last edited by TGilb2007; 12-03-2008 at 12:02 PM.
TGilb2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #17
Tires2theSky
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10364

My Ride:
11 Audi A4 Stasis Touring Package, 93 Supra SP67 Single

Send a message via AIM to Tires2theSky
i would have to say having my brothers del sol, we used to beat that thing to no end. It was so light we would just pull the ebrake and let it lock on and drag the rear tires. We "drifted" it for like 15 miles doing like 40 sliding the back all over the place. People just staring cuz the back tires werent spinning and smoke was just pouring out
Tires2theSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:28 PM   #18
TrboChicsRock
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #152

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX, 2012 WRX Premium

Send a message via AIM to TrboChicsRock
I took a drag racing class in a dragster at Atco two years ago. Talk about about something different that's a lot of fun.

TrboChicsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:38 PM   #19
namdoogwerdna
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3004

My Ride:
2013 BRZ

I've spent a lot of time around a lot of amazing cars. Two experiences that come to mind were at Pocono, when I was like 11 I went out in my dad's friend's modded Porsche Turbo and we hit 203 or something. The second would be last summer when Max Venturi, one of Lamborghini's test drivers, took me around the track in a Superlegerra. We hit 180 on the back stretch in the rain and went sliding around all the corners, and the track was filled with other Italian supercars.

Also going to Formula D on press day with the TST guys was a ton of fun. I had the opportunity to hang out and meet all of the drivers and see everything up close because it wasn't open to the public on practice day.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #20
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

Send a message via AIM to Oakes
My last job. Seriously.