TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
The 4th Annual Sonic Meet benefiting Make A Wish! MAY 2ND @ Sonic, Morgantown, PA

Edit: May 6th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
drumroll please...

The 4th Annual Sonic Meet raised $5,039.48 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation! Thank you so much to all of our awesome sponsors, Sonic of Morgantown, and to everyone who came out and contributed to an amazing day with 1,000 cars in attendance!

Edit: April 24th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
The 4th Annual Sonic Meet has been moved back to next Sunday, May 2nd due to weather.

The forecast hasn't improved so we've decided its going to be best to move the meet back in hopes of holding it on a nicer day. I apologize to all of those who this creates an issue for. We all wished for perfect weather on the original date, but its out of our control and it wouldn't be right to intentionally hold the meet in wet weather. Believe me, I know this is a frustrating situation, but we're working with what we have here and keeping a positive attitude about having a great charity event next Sunday on a warm sunny day.

Once again, the meet has been moved back to next Sunday, May 2nd due to weather.

Your favorite springtime event is back, and it'll be bigger and better than ever with great raffles, vendors, and more cars and people than we've ever had before. We will also have a DJ at the event playing music at a reasonable volume and helping us announce our amazing raffles throughout the day.

We already have 900+ RSVP'd on Facebook as Attending plus another 600+ Maybe's... and this is just from Facebook! The event has been posted on 40+ car forums and over 2000 flyers have been handed out as well... we're expecting an insane turnout this year with a huge variety of cars from all over the tri-state area and beyond.

All proceeds from the event are being donated to Make A Wish, please take a minute to visit their site here: www.makeawish.com
There will be many worthwhile and fun ways to donate at the event so please keep that in mind so we can raise as much money as possible.

*Donate by buying food at Sonic or merchandise from TST: A percentage of all sales from Sonic Drive-In during the meet will be donated to Make A Wish, as well as 25% of all TST Merchandise sales at the event.
*Donate by participating in the People's Choice Contest: Place a vote for your favorite car for each $1 donated, and you can vote as much as you want... the winner will receive a trophy and huge bragging rights until next year's event
*Donate by buying raffle tickets: Enter to win some incredible prizes we've managed to collect... we will announce these prizes soon so you can look forward to them.
*Donate by being on the lookout for the donation jars around the event to just drop a couple bucks in: it all adds up, especially with the number of people who will be at the event

Become a Fan of The 4th Annual Sonic Meet on Facebook
RSVP to The 4th Annual Sonic Meet on Facebook

We're still looking for sponsors for the event to make a donation and/or provide items to raffle off so if anyone reading this is interested or knows someone who might be, please email TheSonicMeet@TriStateTuners.com to talk about it. All proceeds are going to Make A Wish, and every little bit helps!

We hope everyone can make it, but for those who aren't able to you can still donate by mailing a check or via Paypal at TheSonicMeet@TriStateTuners.com

Please contact me at the above email address if you have any questions, suggestions, or interest in getting involved.
Looking forward to it, and hoping everyone comes out to enjoy the day with us.

You can also visit our website at www.thesonicmeet.com

CARAVANS
-If we're missing yours or you have an updated link, please post here or PM me
Lehigh Valley, PA Caravan
King of Prussia, PA Caravan
Exton, PA Caravan
Montgomeryville, PA Caravan
York, PA Caravan
Lancaster, PA Caravan
Norristown, PA - Bike Caravan
NE Philly / Langhorne, PA Caravan
South Jersey Caravan
Binghamton / Upstate New York Caravan
Delaware Caravan

OTHER FORUMS THIS IS POSTED ON
I started a new thread to track the other forums the meet has been posted on, please check it out and contribute to it here:
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...78#post1647978

edit: 4/23: parking map!
Please park in the blue areas ONLY! We will have volunteers helping people to park in the proper areas but need your cooperation with this.
Please do NOT park in the red areas, this is very important! Parking in the Sonic stalls will not be allowed this year so please help us out by cooperating! Thanks...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 05-06-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:26 AM   #2
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
i'll be there rain or shine this year, car permitting lol

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
Old 01-25-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
3000gtvr4tt
Tri-State Addict

Member #5537

My Ride:
1990 300zx TT, 1994 3000gt SL

Send a message via AIM to 3000gtvr4tt
this meet is awesome gonna be a good time
Old 01-25-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
jjm4life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4443

My Ride:
jew canoe

Send a message via AIM to jjm4life
thats awesome that you got a charity involved. really adds that much more legitimacy to an already great meet. maybe i will make an excuse to drive to PA.. any awards for "furthest traveled?"
Old 01-25-2010, 12:38 AM   #5
Evo8kid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1631

My Ride:
contributes towards Global warming

Send a message via AIM to Evo8kid
this is NOT gonna be the 4th one I miss. I will be there. I have a new completion date for my car

2010 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2008 Audi RS4- 420 HP 4.2L V8
2004 Honda CBR600RR
Old 01-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #6
Vinny
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2979

My Ride:
'95 Lexus SC300

YESS!!!!! Cannot wait!
And PLEASE dont let it rain....lol

You can Try and Fail, but never Fail at Trying.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #7
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Yeah guys... you've got 3 months to get things wrapped up on all our winter projects! I know I've got some work ahead of me, haha. Can't wait for this event, we've got so much in the works for it and its going to be awesome... already have a bunch of amazing raffle prizes with plenty more coming so be ready to buy some raffle tickets and win some sweet prizes

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 01-25-2010, 12:55 AM   #8
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonIS View Post
i'll be there rain or shine this year, car permitting lol
I call BS.
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 AM   #9
martang
Tri-State Addict

Member #2574

Send a message via AIM to martang
I was actually wondering when this would be posted today lol
Old 01-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #10
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Haha its been a long time in the making... We've been anxious to announce but wanted to have things really lined up from the start with it all.

We're still looking for sponsors for the event to make a donation and/or items to raffle off so if anyone reading this is interested or knows someone who might be, please email TheSonicMeet@TriStateTuners.com to talk about it. All proceeds are going to Make A Wish, and every little bit helps!

|

Quote:

|
Old 01-25-2010, 01:05 AM   #11
SoStock92
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1721

My Ride:
92 BMW 525, 95 BMW 525, 87 BMW 325, 95 BMW 530

Send a message via AIM to SoStock92
Going to be awesome guys really hope to see you all there. We're really happy to have a charity like Make a Wish involved so we can have fun doing what we love all while helping others.

Really looking forward to seeing some CRAZY cars come out
Old 01-25-2010, 01:05 AM   #12
boostedfury
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1389

My Ride:
99 Z51 Corvette & 2003 Explorer XLT

Send a message via AIM to boostedfury
weird..i too just said to a buddy cant wait till Sonic!!

Old 01-25-2010, 01:23 AM   #13
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
Thank god its on a sunday, better chance of me being off work. I'm in, but shine only though

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

Old 01-25-2010, 01:43 AM   #14
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
awesome.. that gives me 3 months to get a trans in my car...

as most of you saw last year... if it rains... I'll still be there lol.

and of course Michelle will be with me

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
Old 01-25-2010, 01:46 AM   #15
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

I'll be there. Hopefully with a surprise car, if it can ever get painted, but if not the beat up prelude will have to do.

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
Old 01-25-2010, 01:58 AM   #16
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
awesome.. that gives me 3 months to get a trans in my car...

as most of you saw last year... if it rains... I'll still be there lol.

and of course Michelle will be with me
Haha, you and me both, bruddah. Race you to the repaired whip status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
I'll be there. Hopefully with a surprise car, if it can ever get painted, but if not the beat up prelude will have to do.
The Lude is cute, Z. Surprise cars are always sweet, though. I'm planning to be there barring work.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:03 AM   #17
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

its a shame this is being turned into a promotion event guised as a charity event.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:09 AM   #18
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
its a shame this is being turned into a promotion event guised as a charity event.
It's a shame you're so negative when even the best charity events are promotional event at there core. Means, meet the end result.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:09 AM   #19
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
lets see if my car can be together for it this year.

I've been to all of them, but only one time with a complete car.

EDIT: Wait, why is it on a Sunday this year? booooo

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:09 AM   #20
05suby
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5738

My Ride:
2005 WRX

nice ill be there and i love how half of me is in the pic hahaha.
WFCrew #231
Form > Function
Static > Bagged

....GO
R.I.P. Sherwood "No Home"
Closed Thread