TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

"quick links" at the top of the forum missing a lot of links.

I usually get to my subscribed threads by clicking on "quick links" then "subscribed threads"

10 min ago, it was there, now, its gone. Only has 4 links in there as well. Todays Posts, Mark Forums Read, Members List, and Who's Online.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:
2013 Ram Blackout Express Quad Cab, 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 98 Nissan 240ss Never going to run

Yeah I'm missing the "subscribed threads" link as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Yup, we were tweaking the toolbar a bit in an attempt to make the site a little more user friendly. Most of it will reappear as we recode things, but expect some modifications here and there.

At this point, you should have the second row of buttons back.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

Guys, the subscribed thread link was removed because you can access all your subscribed threads via the User CP. We felt it was a bit redundant to have it in both locations.

Are you guys feeling that it is easier for you to have it under Quick Links then just going to the User CP?

You will also notice Rules & Regulations has been moved to its own main link rather than being under Quick Links. Members List has been added to Quick Links.

Last edited by 05GT; 12-03-2010 at 02:05 PM.
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

At the risk of sounding like an ass, i'll say it. Its a Quick Links menu, supposed to make things quicker. The links in there that have more convoluted ways of accessing through the site, but its quicker to get to them from that one quick menu.

Aren't Today's Posts and New Posts almost one and the same? Of course we can find out who's online by scrolling to the bottom of the main forum page, but theres a link for it in the quick links menu. I know I can click on User CP to show my subscribed threads, but the main page of the user cp only shows sub'd threads that have been replied to since your last visit. Otherwise, you have to scroll down and click on list subscriptions, in the small frame on the left.

It probably wont be added back in, so I just bookmarked the address and click on that to open TST.

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ewsubscription
Old 12-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
We are definitely interested and listing to feedback, and if users feel strongly about keeping it we will add it back for sure.

While we're on the subject, are there any other direct links that users would feel are valuable to include within the quick links drop down menu?
Any other feedback on the menu layout currently?

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #7
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:

Jim,

Thanks for the response. You don't sound like an ass. As Bryan mentioned, we are interested in what users think.

My apologies if my inital response came off harsh.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:
2013 Ram Blackout Express Quad Cab, 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 98 Nissan 240ss Never going to run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
At the risk of sounding like an ass, i'll say it. Its a Quick Links menu, supposed to make things quicker. The links in there that have more convoluted ways of accessing through the site, but its quicker to get to them from that one quick menu.

Aren't Today's Posts and New Posts almost one and the same? Of course we can find out who's online by scrolling to the bottom of the main forum page, but theres a link for it in the quick links menu. I know I can click on User CP to show my subscribed threads, but the main page of the user cp only shows sub'd threads that have been replied to since your last visit. Otherwise, you have to scroll down and click on list subscriptions, in the small frame on the left.

It probably wont be added back in, so I just bookmarked the address and click on that to open TST.

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ewsubscription
I agree with everything Jim said. I keep clicking the Quick Links to get to my subscriptions because it's like that on every other forum as well. Maybe I'm just programed to it.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #9
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
Big Jim for president. lets do what he is suggesting

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:

Hey guys, just letting you know we've put the subscribed threads link back. It's now at the top of the Quick Links list.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #11
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT View Post
Guys, the subscribed thread link was removed because you can access all your subscribed threads via the User CP. We felt it was a bit redundant to have it in both locations.

Are you guys feeling that it is easier for you to have it under Quick Links then just going to the User CP?
redundant is good. And if it's something that is going to be used quite a bit by users it pays to have it up front.
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #12
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT View Post
Hey guys, just letting you know we've put the subscribed threads link back. It's now at the top of the Quick Links list.
Thank you!