TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #2141
90HP
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #16782

90HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #2142
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride:
2014 Honda Accord V6, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2018 Yamaha R1

Nice collection man
Old 07-06-2010, 12:26 AM   #2143
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
everytime my friend and I go to the gun store (for his benefit), it makes me think about buying a gun. then when we go to shoot (at CP lol) it makes me want to get one even more. there's been some shady **** going on around my house at night. the last thing I need is someone crawling through a window. His most recent activity is trying to get a silencer... he's a little overboard sometimes. He has a .45 and a 9mm. I've shot both guns and the .45 had a nice presence too it weight and kick wise. The 9mm was a good gun as well. Easy to hold and I could be more accurate with it.

I wish I knew the specifics of the guns he has. I could always ask him at some point this week.

S&W seems like something I will probably go with. To be honest, its the only name that sticks out from the times I've talked about guns at the places we've gone. Is it difficult to get a carry permit? I would never carry it all the time, but in certain parts of cities, and such it would be a decent fail safe incase I can't defend myself.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #2144
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
everytime my friend and I go to the gun store (for his benefit), it makes me think about buying a gun. then when we go to shoot (at CP lol) it makes me want to get one even more. there's been some shady **** going on around my house at night. the last thing I need is someone crawling through a window. His most recent activity is trying to get a silencer... he's a little overboard sometimes. He has a .45 and a 9mm. I've shot both guns and the .45 had a nice presence too it weight and kick wise. The 9mm was a good gun as well. Easy to hold and I could be more accurate with it.

I wish I knew the specifics of the guns he has. I could always ask him at some point this week.

S&W seems like something I will probably go with. To be honest, its the only name that sticks out from the times I've talked about guns at the places we've gone. Is it difficult to get a carry permit? I would never carry it all the time, but in certain parts of cities, and such it would be a decent fail safe incase I can't defend myself.
just so you know, there's no 'trying' to get a silencer (suppressor). pay the tax, wait for the stamp, buy the suppressor. it's easy (which is badass)

here i go again with the PAFOA link. lol. read everything. also check out paopencarry.org

it's awesome that you want to get a gun, just make sure you do LOTS of research first. if you plan on carrying, get yourself mentally ready more than anything. there is a sh*tload of information out there and it takes some digging to find it all, but it's definitely worth every second of the time you'll put into it.

getting a PA LTCF is extremely easy (in most counties). Do a search on PAFOA for your county or visit the specific county section at the bottom of the main forum page. you should be able to find the little details about how your particular county does things. in my case, i parked my car.. walked into the police station where Berks county was holding a remote LTCF day, handed the guy $25, and walked out exactly 9 minutes later with my freshly printed LTCF.

one thing that i'll stress more than anything else is how terrible of an idea it is to only carry when you think you'll need it. the simple unarguable fact is that there is NO telling when/where you'll need it. read some of the stories over on PAFOA... you'll see problems in parking lots, malls, grocery stores, quiet neighborhoods in the 'burbs, bike/hiking trails etc. carrying should become a part of your everyday life. if you're intelligent about it and if you buy a comfortable high quality holster, you won't even notice it after a while. you should carry all the time, not because you're paranoid or looking for trouble or in a 'bad' area, but because being able to defend yourself and your loved ones at any point in time is the responsible and intelligent thing to do. if it's not going to be every day and everywhere, then (in my opinion) you shouldn't carry. the 'fair weather' mentality (or realistically 'poor weather') is the wrong one to have about carrying. if you 'need' to carry somewhere, then you shouldn't be there.

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 07-06-2010 at 11:31 AM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #2145
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:

hmm, very well said. thank you for the links. I'll def read up on everything I can without overloading my brain in the first 10 mins lol. And yeah I guess "trying" was the wrong word. He's just getting the money together LOL

I don't plan to actually purchase until sometime next year. For now I've been trying to go to the range and just try out different guns. Talk to the people that work there (Classic Pistol mostly) and just see what they have to say and talk with them to get something that is right for me. I heard that it was easy to get a LTCF, I just wasn't sure where to look (pleading laziness on this one, my apology). And you are right. For the most part I plan to carry every day, all day. However, there's still that 1% of my brain that says I don't have to. You are 100% right though. You do not ever know.

I've been in my fair share of shouting matches and 1 or 2 physical confrontations in parking lots, outside of bars, etc. I just tend to forget about them, which is probably a bad thing. I am comfortable with holding/shooting/loading/cleaning a gun. There isn't really much that makes me nervous anymore. I have also grown up a lot as far as the "being intelligent". I would never think to just whip it out in the heat of the moment. I was taught better than that lol.

I'm not saying you implied that stuff. Just talking really. Sorry to ramble lol.

Thanks again for the info. I also apologize if you went over this stuff before (maybe I should put it in the beginning of the thread?). At 2000+ posts, I just kinda skimmed.

- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
Old 07-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #2146
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
hmm, very well said. thank you for the links. I'll def read up on everything I can without overloading my brain in the first 10 mins lol. And yeah I guess "trying" was the wrong word. He's just getting the money together LOL

I don't plan to actually purchase until sometime next year. For now I've been trying to go to the range and just try out different guns. Talk to the people that work there (Classic Pistol mostly) and just see what they have to say and talk with them to get something that is right for me. I heard that it was easy to get a LTCF, I just wasn't sure where to look (pleading laziness on this one, my apology). And you are right. For the most part I plan to carry every day, all day. However, there's still that 1% of my brain that says I don't have to. You are 100% right though. You do not ever know.

I've been in my fair share of shouting matches and 1 or 2 physical confrontations in parking lots, outside of bars, etc. I just tend to forget about them, which is probably a bad thing. I am comfortable with holding/shooting/loading/cleaning a gun. There isn't really much that makes me nervous anymore. I have also grown up a lot as far as the "being intelligent". I would never think to just whip it out in the heat of the moment. I was taught better than that lol.

I'm not saying you implied that stuff. Just talking really. Sorry to ramble lol.

Thanks again for the info. I also apologize if you went over this stuff before (maybe I should put it in the beginning of the thread?). At 2000+ posts, I just kinda skimmed.
no problem at all. i just sound repetitive to the rest of the people in this thread, i always preach about pafoa. lol.

part of carrying every day is the idea that you have to keep your situational awareness level very high. with that comes the natural avoidance of fights, etc. because when you know what's going on around you at all times you have the presence of mind to keep away from things that would make you have to draw your weapon. some things are unavoidable, but others are completely in your control.

i was never very confrontational anyway, but since i've been carrying i've found myself to be much more relaxed and 'toned down' in public. i've thought about it a lot and honestly i don't think it's because i'm using the gun as a crutch, like i'm now a badass or something, but that carrying has opened my mind up to the real world.. bad sh*t happens to good people at the worst times.. and now i have a bunch of tools both in the holster and mentally, that can help me be better prepared when that bad sh*t comes around.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #2147
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:

Very understandable. I have almost 14 years of martial arts training under my belt (lol..) so I can see where you are coming from with environment awareness and avoiding given situations where harm could be caused. I'm the guy that holds his hands up and doesn't raise his voice, but we all know that there are a lot more people in the world that blow the situation out of proportion from the get go and start pushing/shoving/yelling. I don't see it as a crutch at all. It is literally (to me) a lifeline, god forbid something serious is happening, OR you have a gun pointed in your own face lol

Thats a stretch in general, but thats how I think about it.

- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
Old 07-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #2148
Drftpretty
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1994

My Ride:
98, Audi A4, 88 Rx7, 89 Vert, 71 Muscle, 96 Jeep, 75 Honda CB500T

Looking for a 9mm Glock or a Beretta. Anyone have one for sale?
2. How many of my peers carry guns.
Drftpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #2149
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Send a message via AIM to cmr076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drftpretty View Post
Looking for a 9mm Glock or a Beretta. Anyone have one for sale?
theres a few on pafoa, your not gonna want to spend the $ on it though!
cmr076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #2150
Drftpretty
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1994

My Ride:
98, Audi A4, 88 Rx7, 89 Vert, 71 Muscle, 96 Jeep, 75 Honda CB500T

Your right Dave,

I ordered a Kel Tec 30.

Same size as the FN 5-7 but with a 30 round mag in .22 magnum, 19 ounces loaded. $320 with the threaded barrel.
2. How many of my peers carry guns.
Drftpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #2151
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drftpretty View Post
Your right Dave,

I ordered a Kel Tec 30.

Same size as the FN 5-7 but with a 30 round mag in .22 magnum, 19 ounces loaded. $320 with the threaded barrel.
all i heard there was "I ordered a secondary sidearm for my spec-ops missions to shoot out street lights and neutralize of 'soft targets' at very close range without making a sound."

that's what you said, right?

sounds like a fun plinker. the 30 round mag will be nice, better than some smaller capacity .22s where your reloading time almost makes shooting more of a pain in the ass than anything.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #2152
turboman808
Tri-State Addict

Member #5285

This is my first time finding this thread.

I'm in NJ and it seems getting a gun right now is dam near impossible. I plan to move to PA in the next year or 2 so maybe it will be easier there.

Several friends have applied for gun permits just so they can go hunting and a year later are still waiting. I am not sure whats going on but NJ seems to have stopped approving these or something. So I haven't even applied.

I do like to head out to Sunset Hills to go shooting. Took my fiance last time. Told her if we have kids and we buy a place in PA she should learn to shoot. She is very tiny so watching her shoot a 45 was rather funny.

In the mean time I am going to pickup a bow for the hunting season. It's better then nothing.
turboman808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #2153
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
all i heard there was "I ordered a secondary sidearm for my spec-ops missions to shoot out street lights and neutralize of 'soft targets' at very close range without making a sound."

that's what you said, right?

sounds like a fun plinker. the 30 round mag will be nice, better than some smaller capacity .22s where your reloading time almost makes shooting more of a pain in the ass than anything.
he wont listen! hes spent enough on kel-tecs to have bought a brand new glock of his choice!! i told him id sell him my pink mosquito but he thought it was too gay... go figure.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:01 AM   #2154
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

beta-c mag, eotech, etc.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:20 AM   #2155
zidek
Tri-State Addict

Member #8816

My Ride:
s13 and cd accord

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
"you like!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
zidek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #2156
90HP

Member #16782

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brian~ View Post
Nice collection man
thanks, thats not even a 1/4 of the collection, but i cant take full credit for the ones shown, just the hk.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #2157
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidek View Post
you dont leave that lock on it do you?!? i have drawer full of sig, glock, fn, beretta locks that ive never used.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:34 AM   #2158
90HP

Member #16782

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSTOCK View Post
100rounds of winchester white box for 10.96 in 9mm, 100 rounds of .45acp for 28.96
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfella732 View Post
Dicks Sporting Goods has Remington UMC 9mm for 6.xx a box if you buy 10. 500rd of practice ammo for 70 bucks doesn't seem to bad for us who don't have Wal-marts that stock ammo.
oh the good old days, if only we knew then what we know now.

got bored yesterday and decided to crayola my gun, im probably going to remove the blue color, it seems white works the best, red looks good with the logo though
i also bought a galco owb holster, i really need a pocket gun.

i need to clean the surface up a bit

Last edited by 90HP; 07-11-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:43 AM   #2159
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

I'm trying to break in my holster....good lord is it annoying
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #2160
90HP

Member #16782

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIAN JUL View Post
I'm trying to break in my holster....good lord is it annoying
wat did you get? you have a 442 right?

i want a pocket gun but i dont trust semi autos that are that small, and revolvers are not skinny enough. i seen a s&w 442 and 642 used and they are both gone now, i should of bought one.