TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
blewby u
Tri-State Addict

Member #9461

My Ride:
2012 Audi S5, 2007 Lotus Exige 240S

my FMIC is BURNT??

ok, so this sunday i put on my greddy ti-c catback, my helix testpipe and my hks downpipe to finally make my turbo back exhaust. car is so much faster, it lights all 4's (in the rain anyway) lol, only thing it's a little rough on idle, as usual whenever the A/F ratios are being played with.

now here's the thing. i had to drive 250 miles to school monday morning, so i was just going to wait to get a tune, hopefully from petey, this weekend. after about 100 miles the check engine light came on. even tho i have an o2 stimulator i just assumed it was something with that, and didn't worry about it. and i have a slow leak from a loose bolt that i'm fixing this weekend. i was definatley getting on my car, even redlining it a little on sunday after it went on too. today, after i got gas, i backed in my car as usual and as i walked away from it, i turned around to admire my car and the perfect park job and i spot some brown stuff on the front mount intercooler. i'm like what the hell is that? i get closer and notice it's two little brown spots in the middle, maybe 2 inches in diameter. i'm puzzled as to what it could be. i thought maybe it could have been my intercooler sprayer possibly getting sprayed on it, and it was too hot so it just burnt and discolored the FMIC? but then i realized my intercooler sprayer is off to the right, and the burnt marks are in the center. i have no idea.

help! do i need a new fmic? do i just need a tune? should i drive it as easy and less as possible until it gets tuned? i can't check the code until i get home either, otherwise i would have already.

i probably need a new fmic, feel free to pm me on offers too.

thanks

yes i know, my car is dirty - during the week i'm at johnstown where it snows every god damn day, it's clean on the weekends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00066.jpg (80.5 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00067.jpg (85.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00068.jpg (38.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00069.jpg (85.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00075.jpg (89.5 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by blewby u; 02-24-2009 at 04:41 PM.