TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #521
BLKSheep5
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14034

My Ride:
01' Dodge Dakota R/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drstunner View Post
BTW your my new sig!
ha.. thanks, i believe?
from the most recent pages i've been the first on 3 of 'em.

Last edited by BLKSheep5; 12-11-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #522
RU EVO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15212

My Ride:
Alpha 9 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92sileighty View Post
i dont wanna come in here and tread jack or anything, but the cops took your social security numbers? how is that in any way legal? i'm sorry for the off topic but that kinda bothers me.
It definitely bothered me. It was the main reason I called the Woodbury PD this morning to find out if the cops that came were legit.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #523
gtsiawd96
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #227

My Ride:
1995 Eagle talon Tsi Awd

Send a message via AIM to gtsiawd96
Well I'm kind of glad it was just the bully approach, they could have handled the situation much better though.

Witch officer was taking SS numbers. I talked to the shorter/older cop with grey hair. He never took my SS#.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

1995 Tsi AWD
307awhp@24psi
Track numbers coming soon.

Last edited by gtsiawd96; 12-11-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #524
RU EVO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15212

My Ride:
Alpha 9 GTR

I had an african american officer take my info. and I gave him my driver's liscence, social, and phone number. It may be best to get something in writing from the Sherrif's Office saying it is ok for the meet to occur. Words by an officer saying it is ok with little to no authority is insignificant. If we can not obtain something in writing than it will continue to be enter at your own risk unfortunately.

Last edited by RU EVO; 12-11-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #525
Vinny
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2979

My Ride:
'95 Lexus SC300

I was in the line with the black cop (first cop that rolled in). Took my License#, SS#, and Cell #. The SS# thing bothered me as well...I've never had a cop ask me that before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

You can Try and Fail, but never Fail at Trying.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #526
BLKSheep5
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14034

My Ride:
01' Dodge Dakota R/T

i just had my license taken from me.. and then he went about taking tag #'s.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #527
liberta
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14565

My Ride:
Skittle

I had the short white cop in the police sweatshirt. he didnt take my SS # or Phone #, just my license. then one of the other cops took my plates

- 04 NSRT4 Stage 2+
Quote:
Liberta you are the SJ meet president. You're supposed to be at every meet. No excuses.
Quote:
someone comes up to you at a meet, you think he's gonna talk about your car but then he's like "this is your car right? i saw your car in traffic one day and some blonde bitch was sucking your dick....*high five*"
Old 12-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #528
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

He just took my phone# and license.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:58 PM   #529
92sileighty
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #6020

My Ride:
05 S2000

its illegal for that to happen, schools use to use your ss #'s as identification processes. but now they are all converting to random assigned numbers because they got in trouble for using SS #'s. he might be a police officer, but he doesn't obtain the authority to demand ss #'s.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #530
BLKSheep5
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14034

My Ride:
01' Dodge Dakota R/T

that is strange how all three of those cops took a different approach.. the one mentioned where i came from like it was a 3hr drive (25-30mins in reality) and my buddy next to me went before me and he lives in the same town and my other two friends in the town next to it. odd.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #531
08SubieWrx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7435

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberta View Post
We need to get like a barrett-jackson sized tent, and put that in the parking lot of the walmart on cooper and delsea. Hello Awesome Meet.
This lot is a No-Go... A group of Honda kids used to hang out at that lot (few of them went to the parking garage meet as well) ... They got kicked out from the Wal-Mart lot.. Deptford cops are just as bad Lol

MT.Net build thread --->
Old 12-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #532
Gabe4AFE
Tri-State Addict

Member #14153

My Ride:
96 Ford Explorer Sport - 4x4

Send a message via AIM to Gabe4AFE
Quote:
Or everyone else that wasnt doing anything wrong
I LOL'd.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #533
Gabe4AFE
Tri-State Addict

Member #14153

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU EVO View Post
If they wanted to give them parking tickets they would have done that right then and there that night. I do not think they would mail them. I think they took tags and names to see if the same people would show up again. Basically just consider this as a warning.

Like I said the Sergeant who has final say over any charges or fines said there will not be anything. Go on Woodbury PD's website and call the non-emergency number if you want reassurance. They just did not want property to be vandalized or people doing burnouts and stupid things. These were his exact words and he was a very nice guy over the phone. I think everyone can relax here.
Good Looking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU EVO View Post
Sergeant told me specifically if you want to have an organized meet you have to contact the Sherrif's Office and he did add that he would not see any difficulty in getting it approved. I guess the key thing here is organized and not a bunch of random people showing up. Maybe come up with a consistent headcount. I would also reccomend reducing the number of times the meet occurs. Instead of every week maybe twice a month or once a month.
Agreed.

Is that Gloucester County Sheriffs Office or what?
Old 12-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #534
liberta
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14565

My Ride:
Skittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SubieWrx View Post
Deptford cops are just as bad Lol
Ive noticed that with the cops in alot of areas in GC. Wenonah is just as bad if not worse. I havent had any encounters with the Twp cops(my gf lives there) but her dad's a state trooper, and hes mad chill.

MOST Mt Laruel/Maple Shade cops are pretty chill about our meets. As long as noone ruins the meet, The Sports Authority meet(Direct Best Buy replacement) seems like a REALLY solid spot. once the weather gets better, our meet should slowly start it's climb back to legendary status.

we just need to do more about informing everyone. idk how many people have told me that "best buy got shut down, and now theres nowhere to go." WRONG, Best Buy meet got relocated thats all.

EDIT: my apologies for thread jacking john, but its a different day in the week, and its a spot we shouldnt be kicked out of anytime soon.

- 04 NSRT4 Stage 2+
Quote:
Liberta you are the SJ meet president. You're supposed to be at every meet. No excuses.
Quote:
someone comes up to you at a meet, you think he's gonna talk about your car but then he's like "this is your car right? i saw your car in traffic one day and some blonde bitch was sucking your dick....*high five*"

Last edited by liberta; 12-11-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #535
Gabe4AFE
Tri-State Addict

Member #14153

My Ride:

Quote:
Ive noticed that with the cops in alot of areas in GC. Wenonah is just as bad if not worse. I havent had any encounters with the Twp cops(my gf lives there) but her dad's a state trooper, and hes mad chill.

MOST Mt Laruel/Maple Shade cops are pretty chill about our meets. As long as noone ruins the meet, The Sports Authority meet(Direct Best Buy replacement) seems like a REALLY solid spot. once the weather gets better, our meet should slowly start it's climb back to legendary status.

we just need to do more about informing everyone. idk how many people have told me that "best buy got shut down, and now theres nowhere to go." WRONG, Best Buy meet got relocated thats all.
When we did the Dump NJT meet, I always thought of bringing a big sign and posting it at the entrance that said...

No Burnouts
No Revving
No Loud Music
Please Act Accordingly

I mean, it would be a pretty solid set of rules to follow to keep all asshattery to a bare minimum.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #536
RU EVO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15212

My Ride:
Alpha 9 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe4AFE View Post
Good Looking out.

Agreed.

Is that Gloucester County Sheriffs Office or what?
Yes I think so. The Woodbury PD number is 1-856-845-0065 I am pretty sure they would be able to direct you. The secretary there and the Sgt. were very patient, polite, and understanding. They were nothing like the patrolman who said get out of my town. I think a proper warning would've sufficed rather than taking all that time getting information just to scare people away.

Last edited by RU EVO; 12-11-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #537
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Ill try and contact them as soon as i free up some time,recent death of some very very close family friends has screwed up my weekend.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #538
Gabe4AFE
Tri-State Addict

Member #14153

My Ride:

1st we are going to need a few delegates to act as meet officials, to keep things under control and supervise while at the meet, without that, the people at the Sheriffs office won't have it.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #539
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T and 2008 Honda CBR1000rr

Send a message via AIM to 2drStunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSheep5 View Post
ha.. thanks, i believe?
from the most recent pages i've been the first on 3 of 'em.
Its a compliment. I thought what you said was funny as hell!
you're car looks so deliciously good possibly better then the cereal i'm about to eat.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #540
liberta
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14565

My Ride:
Skittle

i wouldnt mind helping out this meet. I still say we do the donation thing, that way we get a good rep while kinda filtering out the people that only want to screw over us and this spot.

- 04 NSRT4 Stage 2+
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread