TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery > Photography
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
brucehunglo
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1113

Send a message via AIM to brucehunglo
formula x pics

was at formula X on sunday, interesting stuff, track is f'ing huge and kinda of a pain to walk around especially in the heat.
i borrowed a friends 70-200 f2.8(non is though) but i absolutely need a lens like this! b4 i was only into either ultra wide angle and prime lenses but this lens or equivalent is definately on my wish list.
C&C appreciated. enjoy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by brucehunglo; 09-15-2008 at 01:02 PM.
brucehunglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
brucehunglo
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1113

more

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #3
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
nice shots, pretty good panning for never using that size lens before. (not to crazy about the processing on a few, magenta/cyan split tone)
do you use lightroom? if so they all look like they could use a punch. (might just be the host though) they just don't seem as sharp as they should from that lens.

(re-read initial post... was it the 70-200 2.8L?)

grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
brucehunglo
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1113

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm View Post
nice shots, pretty good panning for never using that size lens before. (not to crazy about the processing on a few, magenta/cyan split tone)
do you use lightroom? if so they all look like they could use a punch. (might just be the host though) they just don't seem as sharp as they should from that lens.

(re-read initial post... was it the 70-200 2.8L?)

yes i used the 2.8L with the cross processing imma big fan of it for people work but yet to each their own on it. i didnt add any more saturation than how i have the settings for the camera +1 saturation and +1 sharpening, i kind of steer away from the sharpening tool on PP(adobe CS3) primarily because most of the time they come out giving me a jagedy edge i kinda hate lightroom to be honest with you, maybe ill have to try it out more i just dont like the overall layout.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
i dont think it would be lightroom specific, it could be any raw processor or editing program. if you're shooting raw then there is going to be no in camera processing which almost necessitates at least some post processing. digital cameras produce inherently flat and soft images so although sometimes it doesnt seem as pure, adjusting contrast, saturation, and other things in the post is alright, imo... and sharpening to some degree is a standard part of my workflow.
and i'm also not much of a fan of your magenta styled photos... i havent heard too many good responses from them on here from anyone really, but if you like them then i respect that you continue to stick with it.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #6
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

You've got some dust on the sensor, apparent when you're shooting at smaller apertures.

Don't be afraid to use the flash on sunny days.

i like rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #7
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
i realize the split toning is your thing and thats cool, i sometimes like to do a yellow blue one. I think it works more for the Dj then your friend. again, thats just my opinion. I kind of like lightroom, well i actually love it, i find it provides a good workflow... the interface is a bit clunky i feel, but i got used to it.

all around nice shots though.

grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:35 AM   #8
brucehunglo
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1113

Quote:
Originally Posted by i like rice View Post
You've got some dust on the sensor, apparent when you're shooting at smaller apertures.

Don't be afraid to use the flash on sunny days.
i just noticed that damnit! thinking it might be the lens i used not the sensor though because i cant see it really with the wide angle imma go through my raws and see if i can see it with the ones i shot wide. as far as cleaning sensors i did want to do that b4 i left for vacation in the next month, do u send yours out to get the sensor cleaned or do it yourselves?

as far as flash id like to still i dont feel comfortable enough with flash(something i hate that i havent learned enough with yet).

Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #9
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

It'd have to be a huge piece of dust on the lens to show up in the photo. It's definately on the sensor since it only shows up on smaller apertures.
An easy way to test is to take a shot of the sky at f/4.0 and take the same shot at f/18 or any small aperture. If the spots show up at the smaller apertures but not the larger, it's on the sensor.

I clean my own with either a brush or wet solution. I'll use the brush first and if that doesn't remove it, I'll use the pec pad/wet solution.
i like rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #10
olmytsi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #159

My Ride:
99 Lexus SC300

Send a message via AIM to olmytsi
That white and green takata sti was designed by a forza 2 player in the game. They had a contest and the winner's paint scheme was going to be applied to a real life car. They also released the car in the auction house as a special car only sold by Turn 10 (game makers).
olmytsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #11
frosti108
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5883

My Ride:
Track- RB S13. Street- 2J SC300 + SR S14

Send a message via AIM to frosti108
i really like all of the pictures. but yea the one of your friend is a little off
frosti108 is offline   Reply With Quote