TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-30-2007, 09:44 PM   #1
ImportDPS
Tri-State Addict

Member #3900

My Ride:
2007 Civic Si, 2008 Acura RDX, 1998 Civic Hatch GSR-T, 1993 Civic Hatch K-Series coming

Send a message via AIM to ImportDPS
Authentic Wide Body S13 Silvia Build!! Crazy Car.

Hot damnit, were at it again.

Ill get to the specifications first, then go ahead and put up some pictures tonight. I have alot more for tommorow that I just have to shrink etc.

Car is a 1992 Nissan Silvia Coupe. Not converted, its real. Car is owned by Edgardo Ortiz, my partner whom also owns the 7second KA-T. He bought this car because he could not get his hands on a skyline and recently decided it was about time to start finishing the project.

Car was painted by el chulin from Puerto Rico. Took over 3 weeks to be done Perfectly. Every single square inch was painted including the underbody.

* Engine and Drivetrain Specifications
SR20 Black Top
Carrillo Rods
JE Pistons
Cometic Head Gasket
ARP Main Studs
ARP Head Studs
Clevite Bearings
HKS 264 Camshafts
HKS Cam Gears
HKS Rocker Stoppers
HKS Lascular Kit
Supertech Dual Valve Springs
Supertech Titanium Retainers
Supertech standard sized Intake Valves
Supertech Inconnell Standard Sized Exhaust Valves
Exedy Twin Disk Clutch Kit
S13 Silvia Transmission
Avid Racing OEM Replacement Engine Mount Kit

* Suspension and Braking
Complete S14 Silvia 5 lug changeover.
Jic Magic FLTA2 Adjustable Coilover Suspension
Brembo Gran Turismo Big Brake Kit Front and Rear (this hurt so bad, they are expensive)

* Exterior and Interior
Seibon OEM JDM S13 Silvia Hood
OEM NEW JDM S13 Silvia Grille
Mint 99 Spec JDM Silvia Headlights and Grille
Ebay Solid Red with White Tail lights (couldn't pass on these, they just look good)
Complete re-done wiring harness
Power Windows and Lock Upgrade (ours came manual for whatever reason)
Complete Silvia Interior including Carpet. All in mint condition thanks to the guys at the local JDM Shop.
System to come, not sure what were doing on this yet.
Tenzo R Black Leather Seats
Reupholstered Rear Seats to match the Tenzos in the front.
Widebody Kit

* Performance and Tuning
Sakura Motorsports Engine Management System
Powertrain Control Solutions Dashlogger with all add ons.
Precision 1000cc Injectors
Greddy Intake Manifold (might use el gato again, not sure) this has to be ordered.
Precision 750HP Front Mount Intercooler
Garrett GT40R Turbocharger using Tial V-Band Exhaust housing
Peakboost SR20 Turbo Manifold with Downpipe (thanks ken for the support)
Jic Magic Full Titanium Catback Exhaust
PCS Electronic Boost Controller

* Rims
Hardest part of the build by far. We know we want a 19x9.5 rear and 19x8 front. Problem is Edgardo is really stuck on the Volk GT-F's but we really dont feel like waiting 4-6 months to get them in as the car should be done in its completion and running in a month to a month and a half. Any suggestions by the 240sxforums? Were stumped.

We are aiming to get about 600hp out of the car and possibly take it out here and there. This car is more of a show car that has some balls. We all agreed that the car shouldn't be in the street due to the amount of invested time and money there is into it, but we always say that crap and use the cars anyways.

Here are some pictures of the car right out of paint and getting a little wash when we took it out of storage.

Enjoy and as always any questions, comments or suggestions are always welcomed!!

Last edited by ImportDPS; 12-30-2007 at 09:47 PM.
ImportDPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
foss
Tri-State Addict

Member #3889

My Ride:
Another gay MK3.

Send a message via AIM to foss
Very nice color. I say you drive it though..all that money for what? the car to be looked at..
Old 12-30-2007, 09:59 PM   #3
ImportDPS
Tri-State Addict

Member #3900

My Ride:
2007 Civic Si, 2008 Acura RDX, 1998 Civic Hatch GSR-T, 1993 Civic Hatch K-Series coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by foss View Post
Very nice color. I say you drive it though..all that money for what? the car to be looked at..
I know Javy will drive it around. He just doesnt want anything to happen to this car. The car is masked while everyone works on it, imagine.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
Jjaeger240
Tri-State Addict

Member #3470

My Ride:
Nissan S13

Send a message via AIM to Jjaeger240
I guess I'll point out my bleh with it all before my good.....

I never understood why people bought legit silvias in the states other than bragging rights. Really, if you want to feel like JDM coolness you can have a rhd 240 coupe with a front end conversion, tell people it's a real silvia and say you titled it as a 240. The costs of it all just really don't make any logical sense when you can bolt on body panels, do a motor swap, and remove a few welds and tack on a firewall and be rhd. If you're going to do a jdm car I figure at least get a car that there is no US version of where you couldn't just convert the car to be identical to the JDM version. That's just me though, seems logical to me but his money and thoughts/ideas so more power to him.

Also find it kind of surprising he couldn't get his hands on his skyline since I see a lot more skylines for sale than silvias or 180s since most people don't import s-chassis for the reason I stated above.

"Widebody Kit". That just sounds nerve-wrecking as the only actual kits I know of are the wack Jacquemond jammy, BN Blister, and Vertex Ridge (neither of which [bn and vertex] is that front bumper) Actually if I remember correctly, that's an Origin Stylish kit. So did you mean just wide front and rear fenders? How wide of fronts and rears? Just riveting or molding the rears? This brings me to wheels.

Your whole wheel selection and idea has me nervous. Most people don't like 18s on fronts of s13s, and you want to do 19s. 19s only look cool on the rear of a s13, and if it's THE PERFECT size and offset. For a widebody I would figure you would at least want to run a x9 front and x10 rear, especially with the power you're considering. You may really want to re-evaluate what size wheels you want to run. With the power you're considering I would figure if you want baller status, do an 18x9.5 (or 10) front, and a 19x10.5 (or 11, even a 11.5 rear but you would have to do 10s up front). The offset you would want would be highly dependent upon the look you're going for, how much camber you want to run, and what size tires you're thinking based on the width. If you say anything higher than +15 regardless of whatever width I'm going to vomit, eat it, and then vomit it up again. PLEASE DO WHEELS RIGHT OR IT WILL RUIN THE ENTIRE CAR!

Personally not a fan of the triple projectors, chrome trim for a grill, the center silvia badge, or just the idea of all the effort/work/money involved in converting a car from manual to power interior amenities. But once again, not my car, you do what you like.

Like the paint choice. Sounds like it will be a beast of a car. Really does sound like the mod list of a 16 year old with a dream wish list, only that this car is a reality and going to come together. Good luck with it, hope it's enjoyed, I look forward to seeing updates on it all.

Also, roll cage? Yes/no/maybe/bolt-in/real cage/etc.?

Once again, not trying to bash, just my $.02 on it all to give you a different outlook on it all. I've helped build a few of these things now and kind of figured what does and doesn't work.

PS. It looks like who ever has done all the work thus far has done a great job.

Last edited by Jjaeger240; 12-30-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Jjaeger240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:41 PM   #5
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctuned View Post
* Rims
Hardest part of the build by far. We know we want a 19x9.5 rear and 19x8 front. Problem is Edgardo is really stuck on the Volk GT-F's but we really dont feel like waiting 4-6 months to get them in as the car should be done in its completion and running in a month to a month and a half. Any suggestions by the 240sxforums? Were stumped.
Gold Work VS-XX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
i like rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:49 PM   #6
Adam496
Tri-State Addict

Member #906

Those offsets would be no where near flush on that car.
Adam496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:26 PM   #7
pinkarrowsnow
Tri-State Addict

Member #5596

My Ride:
1991 240sx

Yeah i would hit up r\t tuning for the wheels or aspec logan and see what they have in stock.
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:32 PM   #8
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam496 View Post
Those offsets would be no where near flush on that car.
10.5", 0 offset
Old 12-30-2007, 11:50 PM   #9
ImportDPS
Tri-State Addict

Member #3900

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkarrowsnow View Post
Yeah i would hit up r\t tuning for the wheels or aspec logan and see what they have in stock.
Were direct with mackin and we can even get wheels straight from rays japan on our jdm containers. Wheels aren't a problem, its finding the right offset first.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:53 PM   #10
OBEEWON
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1315

My Ride:
Lansdale Local

Send a message via MSN to OBEEWON
I still need to come back and finish my dyno tune. I promise we wont keep you till 5am this time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
OBEEWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:56 PM   #11
ImportDPS
Tri-State Addict

Member #3900

My Ride:

Jjaeger240,

No roll cage. Dont think its needed, we dont plan on drag racing this car at all. Getting a skyline is easy, the problem we all had here was that we wanted a AWD MINT GTiR and couldn't find one. Once we lost out on the bid to bring one back on the last container, we said fk it and decided to take that money plus alot more and invest it into the car we already had sitting here. The rims will look fine as a 19x10 rear and 19x8 front. We tried a set of wheels last week on the back when we were putting in the skyline rear and it was a 20 offset. It was eh. If I am not mistaken but dont quote me on this, it does have an origin kit. Id have to ask javy though, the car came widebody straight from japan, it was just a little dinged up etc. As far as the power interior, who the hell dumps 30+ Grand into a car and then rolls down the window to say thank you when somebody wants to compliment the car

I appreciate all the comments and info guys. If anybody ever wants to come down to the shop, by all means go for it.

SCTuned
2951 North Marshall Street
Philadelphia, PA 19133
Old 12-31-2007, 12:02 AM   #12
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

Quote:
Were direct with mackin and we can even get wheels straight from rays japan on our jdm containers. Wheels aren't a problem, its finding the right offset first.
Only problem is, 6+ weeks for ocean freight.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:06 AM   #13
OBEEWON
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1315

My Ride:
Lansdale Local

Send a message via MSN to OBEEWON
You need to post pics of that bluebird you guys have in there, and that civic with the turbo the size of a large child.

OBEEWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:07 AM   #14
ImportDPS
Tri-State Addict

Member #3900

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by i like rice View Post
Only problem is, 6+ weeks for ocean freight.
Beats the "about 3-6 months" from mackin lololol
Old 12-31-2007, 12:14 AM   #15
ImportDPS
Tri-State Addict

Member #3900

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
You need to post pics of that bluebird you guys have in there, and that civic with the turbo the size of a large child.
Here you go.

This is that Ka-T we were building in the back part of the shop. Ended up making 630whp. 1991 240sx

Here goes the Datsun Blue bird you were talking about.

and of course the big boss of the KA-T's.. Nobody comes close.

Thats it. not posting any more pictures lol
Old 12-31-2007, 01:11 AM   #16
Cardriverx
Tri-State Addict

Member #5090

My Ride:
1993 Miata Turbo ; 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Cardriverx
jeez, I might have to swing by there one day..

Cardriverx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:12 AM   #17
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Send a message via AIM to Gorilla Unit 33
Quote:
Tenzo R Black Leather Seats
Please tell me your not serious with that? your making a beast of a car and the moment you tap something that seat will collapse and leave you in a death trap. Please pick something not sold at pep boys, this is the only thing that i didnt like on your list. All the money you will spend on a motor and your going to put your like in a set of seats that cost just as much as a set of rods, thats a no no.

Bad ass 240 though
Old 12-31-2007, 01:35 AM   #18
ImportDPS
Tri-State Addict

Member #3900

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Unit 33 View Post
Please tell me your not serious with that? your making a beast of a car and the moment you tap something that seat will collapse and leave you in a death trap. Please pick something not sold at pep boys, this is the only thing that i didnt like on your list. All the money you will spend on a motor and your going to put your like in a set of seats that cost just as much as a set of rods, thats a no no.

Bad ass 240 though
The seat has alot of history. Believe me, I want recaro's. But Fernando@Tenzo and Javy had alot of fun at Sema this year together and got the drinks rolling.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:41 AM   #19
jdm free
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1481

My Ride:
6spd Civic

Send a message via AIM to jdm free
any finished pics?
jdm free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:52 AM   #20
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
where are you guys located SCTuned? Would love to stop by and chat with you guys.
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote