TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

TST Spring Run 2008 April 27th (3 spots open)

IF YOU WISH TO BACKOUT PM ME DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD

Date: April 27th, 2008
Rain Date: May 17th

How to signup: Posting in this thread will not get you a spot, in a few weeks a number of participants will be set and an e-mail address will be posted. Once that address is posted (I will let everyone know a few days in advance of when that will be) you will e-mail me your name, screen name, car you will be driving and any guests. As it stands right now approx. 15 people will be able to make to signup. Signup is first come first serve with the list of participants being posted along with the list and order of those on a waiting list, if any.

If you decide to sign up for the run you will be sent a list of rules (nothin stupid just common sense) and things that will be required such as a two-way radio.

Please be aware that this is not a "High speed" run but it will be fairly spirited in parts so please make sure your car can handle it.

In a couple weeks pictures of some of the sights will be posted, along with more information such as how long the run is. Right now for those considering wether to sign up I will say that the starting location for this run is in or around Easton, pa.

****IF YOU ACT LIKE A MORON IN THIS THREAD DON'T EXPECT TO COME ALONG****

If your car is not in top shape it will break on one of these runs. It doesn't matter the speed or your ability, it's just a lot of stress on your car in one day. So if your car is off suspension wise, if your rocking out a set of $15 brake pads, if you've never had the pleasure of knowing what brake fade feels like before all of a sudden your brakes don't want to do their job please don't sign up. This is a lot of fun, and I do everything I can to keep it safe. Some common sense on your end will help me do that.

**UPDATE 2/25**
E-mail address will be posted on Wed. 2/27 between 11am and 3pm. See below for further details.

Please include with the e-mail:
Your username on TST, your actual name, car you will attending with and if you will have any passengers.

Ok here is the deal I know people are anxious to see the registration open up so I will. For this run we will be allowing a 18 people to sign up, 20 people total with myself and Cizin. I will post the list of participants and alternates on Thurs. If you become unable to join please e-mail or pm me so your name may be removed from the list. Once you make the list you will get a list of guidelines for attending, by signing up you agree to abide by them. If you don't like them let me know and your name comes off the list. The guidelines are for everyones safety and to have a good time. You will also be sent the general location of the starting point with a more exact location coming later on.

To be clear ANYONE who does not show the day of the even when there are still people waiting will NOT be allowed to sign up for the next run in the fall. If something comes up I will make sure everyone has my cell phone and e-mail address, call or write I am a very understanding person and all I ask for is a call letting me know so we don't wait for you.

**EDIT**

Please include your Screen Name/ Name/ Car/ number of passengers.
I will update later with the list of participants.

Current List of Attendees
Ender81 / Don Harer/ 02 WRX / 1 guest
Honest_Bob / Ben Mease / 05 WRX Wagon
G20kid/ Arthur / 03 350z / 1 passenger
SkaSto/Scott/ 06 wrx
Subie_sleeper / Rob / Outback pickup / 1 guest
Martang / Marty / Celica / 1 guest
S4toSTI / Barry Schwartz / Civic Si / 1 guest
PitbullRS / Brad / 2.5rs
Huff/Ryan/ WRX/ 1 guest
4drstunner / Rich / Neon
Bird/ Mike Burgess/ 04 Lancer
Wkderf / Fred / 04 STI / 1 guest
Not on the forum/ Angela Blackwell/ 02 RSX/ 1 passenger

Backup list:

**UPDATE** 3/20/2008
Due to road issues the starting point for the run has been changed to Easton, Pa. Everyone will have been notified of this. Also due to car trouble I will need someone to lead the second group of cars. Ideally this person will have some kind of excperience and will be available on the weekends leading up to this run to practice the route. PM's will be sent to all participants and everyone on the waiting list to let them know of the changes.

HALL OF SHAME: PEOPLE WHO DID NOT CALL, E-MAIL, OR SHOW UP
PitbullRS / Brad / 2.5rs
Huff/Ryan/ WRX/ 1 guest
G20kid/ Arthur / 03 350z / 1 passenger
Not on the forum/ Angela Blackwell/ 02 RSX/ 1 passenger
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Ender81; 04-28-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Nice man, good to see its together again. I am hopin to get into this one since I didnt get into the one you had before. I will be one of the first to email, and BTW we bring our own 2-way radio right?
Old 01-04-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
martang
Tri-State Addict

Member #2574

Send a message via AIM to martang
I am so down for this
martang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #4
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
wait so you're only allowed to go on the actual run if you go on practice runs?

how is the actual run any different from the practice runs then?

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #5
gary
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1638

My Ride:
2004 Hyundai Tiburon

Send a message via AIM to gary
mmmmmm

Carbon, no one will come on the practice runs but the people setting this up.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #6
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Cizin has it right, my appologies for the comfusion, I edited the first post to avoid confusion.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #7
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Send a message via AIM to ozthunder
Expected length? Any more details?

ozthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #8
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozthunder View Post
Expected length? Any more details?
A really rough estimate is about 5 hours of driving and about 110 miles. For anyone that was on the last fall run that was approx. 175 miles.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #9
gary
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1638

My Ride:
2004 Hyundai Tiburon

Quote:
In a couple weeks pictures of some of the sights will be posted, along with more information such as how long the run is.
The rumor is that it will be slightly shorter than the fall run, which was like 6 hours of driving or more.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #10
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Send a message via AIM to ozthunder
Within the state of PA?

ozthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #11
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Yes this run will stay completely in pa.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #12
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
thanks for the clarification guys i was a little consfused

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #13
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #14
MPowerKai
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1011

My Ride:
Mongoose

Send a message via AIM to MPowerKai
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonIS View Post
thanks for the clarification guys i was a little consfused
Let me ride shotgun Bill
Old 01-04-2008, 06:47 PM   #15
agoodall
Tri-State Addict

Member #4049

My Ride:
01 Lexus IS300

Send a message via AIM to agoodall
pardon my ignorance, but why is there a limit on the run? and what stops ppl who dont make the list from coming?
i find whipping it out as soon as possible gets rid of that gray area that leads to the "friend zone". but thats just my experience. your results may vary
agoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #16
gary
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1638

My Ride:
2004 Hyundai Tiburon

The reason for the cap is too many people slow the cruise down considerably. Don't worry, we are working on increasing the people but it just depends on the complexity of the route, number of left turns across traffic, and many other factors.
What stops others from just joining is that the meeting spot and exact route are not posted. If all of this is leaked and others show up, the cruise does not start or continue until that person(s) leave. As you can see this is self policed and could result in bodily injury if the participants can't start or finish the cruise.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #17
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
^^agree

I wasnt included last time because of people thinking that I wouldnt keep up (115 horsepower) or it was some other thing that happened I dont remember but this time around I will show what I can do without being a d-bag of course, but people will see that I can keep up just fine.

edit: i remember now, ender said it would be more suitable for a slower car, so no reason for me not to keep up for sure

Last edited by CleanNeon98; 01-04-2008 at 07:25 PM.
CleanNeon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #18
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:
88 RX7 TII, 2012 WRX hatch

Send a message via AIM to Silverfc88
Hopefully I can check this one out.
Streetport 13bt, Haltech Sprint RE, FIC 1150cc + Delphi 1000cc injectors, Walbro 255, Borg Warner s360 .88, HKS mani, JGS 50mm, Greddy FMIC, HKS Twin Power, AEM water/meth inj
Silverfc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #19
PUREKDM
Tri-State Addict

Member #3459

My Ride:
2006 Infiniti FX35 AWD

Send a message via AIM to PUREKDM
i think i may want to do this...as long as there is a pretty nice destination picked out...
PUREKDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #20
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

I would like to attend, trouble is that I'm not on the forum enough anymore. By the time I see the email signup posted, it will probably be full.

Oh well.

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote