TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
STiGuy06
Tri-State Addict

Member #14844

Send a message via AIM to STiGuy06
About to take the plunge and propose...need help

Ok, I've been w/ my gf Lisa for well over a year and a half. I'm going to be 25 in a week, and she's 23. I bought the rings and wedding bands awhile back from Bixlers. Didn't cost much due to me already having diamonds from my late grandfathers rings he had ($900 for all 3). It's a sick ring with a 1.5k diamond in the middle and 2 smaller ones on each side of it. Wedding bands match and have 4 diamonds each on them.

ANYWHO, I am going to propose on Halloween or early November. I need some ideas that don't involve much money at all (unemployed right now). My family suggested a bag of goodies for halloween and at the bottom of the bag put the ring. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Cliff notes: Need ideas that don't cost much for proposing really soon. My spending fund for the STi is going to take a poop.

Last edited by STiGuy06; 10-17-2009 at 09:45 AM.
STiGuy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
Chris B.
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14208

My Ride:
is Sonic Blue

Maybe instead of having it int he goodie bag, use it to close the goodie bag. We received halloween candy at work in a contest recently. It was in a small orange plastic bag and the top was held **** by one of those plastic rings that looks like a spider. You could do the same with the diamond ring. If the ring is inside the bag, it might take her a while to notice and also she might leave the bag sitting out somewhere or give the bag to someone before noticing.

Another idea, is there a place or event that's special to the both of you? For example, my friend and his wife use to go to the same hill every November to watch a meteor shower. A few years ago, he proposed to her on that hill during the meteor shower. Another friend and his wife use to do a winery tour every year around the same time. He proposed to her during the tour. Another friend of mine proposed to his girlfriend on a bridge over a river where they use to stop and watch the boats and ducks on the river regullarly.
Chris B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
STiGuy06
Tri-State Addict

Member #14844

Send a message via AIM to STiGuy06
We don't drink, otherwise the wine tour thing would of been cool....I really wanted to go to Central Park and do it but funds aren't cooperating, plus it might fall off and get stolen or lost (rings size may not be right because i guessed her size. It'd be sized right afterward for free). We don't really have a special place but im thinking about some places (not sure yet though)

Last edited by STiGuy06; 10-17-2009 at 09:48 AM.
STiGuy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
Chris B.
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14208

My Ride:
is Sonic Blue

Something inexpensive that a low of women enjoy is the self guided lehigh valley covered bridge tour.

Self Guided tour brocure

Lehigh Valley Covered Bridge info
Chris B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #5
bastid
Tri-State Addict

Member #1732

My Ride:
2008 BMW M3

I don't want to sound like a dick, but you might consider obtaining stable employment prior to popping the question. Just saying...
bastid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
^ I agree. Maybe you have a great connection with Lisa because I know if I was dating someone for 1.5 years and only 23, I wouldn't be ready to get married. I guess that isn't every case and again, I don't know either of you so I can't really say.

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Only 1.5 years AND unemployed??? Well, good luck.

It's not usually a good idea to propose on a holiday/birthday/etc.

I've got no idea's, just felt like raining on your parade.
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
I for one wouldn't ask a forum.

But its because I think if you're ready to propose... you'd know what she loves to do that you could pop the question during... or like... a childhood memory spot that she always goes back to... or...

somethin. I dunno. I never give anyone ideas because they're all my ideas for my future wife.

even though its a plunge... don't rush it bro

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now

Last edited by DPancoast; 10-17-2009 at 01:33 PM.
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi Limited, 1969 Z/28 Camaro

this is something you should probably sit down and come up with on your own.. not ask a car forum about. if she's going to be your wife and something special to you for the rest of your life, take an hour or two and and brainstorm more ideas, and make the decision for yourself and your future fiance.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #10
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

yeah...

so, right now you're considering proposing to a woman. which, is basically a promise to her, not only love her, but to take care of her. to provide for her and any potential children. yet, you've no means to provide anyway.

get yourself a job first, keep it for a few months and save up some money. prove that you can provide her with a life, not a ball and chain. then propose... and hopefully by then you've got an idea of your own on how to do that.
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #11
poisonivory
Tri-State Addict

Member #5979

My Ride:
2010 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to poisonivory
my fiancee has severe anxiety, and i knew an over-the-top proposal was out of the question. Or even one in a large crowd for that matter. So with that, i kept it simple, and somewhat romantic. She was coming over to my house, i had one of our songs ready to go on the radio, candles lit, light out, flowers in hand...ring in pocket. I listened for her, as she came in, i had the song playing. She saw the flowers and candles and smiled (just thinking i was being romantic i think..lol). When she walked over to me, to give me a hug, i got down on my knee and pulled out the ring, and there you have it. she loved it.

If you already have the rings, perhaps some flowers and creativity and you can pull it off nicely. Make it personal to the two of you. Spending a ton of money is definitely not necessary.

Good luck and congrats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
poisonivory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #12
Heather
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #14898

My Ride:
Silver Mazda3

Send a message via AIM to Heather
hmm well does she like sitting by the water? or walking in a nice park (next to the water?) maybe a specific resturant or a scenic overlook thoes are just a few of my ideas ..whatever you chose make it special she will remember that day for the rest of her life.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #13
tomustang
Tri-State Addict

Member #1302

Ditch the special occasion and do it whenever. If she loves you and says yes it won't matter how much you spent or how much of an extreme you did. The moment will last forever just from the proposal.
tomustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:18 AM   #14
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

Please do not listen to TST's advice on marriage... or really anything anything outside the car genre.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #15
3000gtvr4tt
Tri-State Addict

Member #5537

My Ride:
1990 300zx TT, 1994 3000gt SL

Send a message via AIM to 3000gtvr4tt
^^^^ I can agree with that...think of something on your own it will make it a lot more special