TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Auto-X
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #21
sean3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5757

My Ride:
04 Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciotti View Post
Autocross is different, you'll see Different in a good way though, you'll love it.
Yeah, you get lost in an ocean of cones
sean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:12 PM   #22
JnJAssociates
Former Vendor

Member #45

My Ride:
Porsche 924s, 3/4 ton Subarban, Nissan Sentra SE.Missing my 04 WRX Wagon of love.

Just a couple of things...

Unless you go back to stock tires, you are in ESP. If your region has a novice class, I would not worry. Go out and have some fun.

Learn to drive the car on an autocross. Worry about what class and mods you want later.

Couple of tips that will help make the day more enjoyable:

Make sure all loose items are out of the car.

Make sure all fluids are topped off and not leaking. The car will be inspected for loose items, missing lug nuts, etc.

You may want to bring a portable air compressor and a pressure gauge. You will need painters tape for your car number and class. I know I hate it when people use shoe polish (not supposed to) or put their tiny numbers on the window. Makes it impossible to read. Most regions have helmets to loan or rent. Double check before attending the event. SA or M rated 2000 or newer is fine (Anyone who still has a Sa/M rated 95 helmet must like damp musty odors ;) ).

Bring a chair, something to drink and eat and some suntan lotion. A hat is a good idea. When you are not driving, you will be working.

Walk the course. If a novice walk through is offered, do it.

Look ahead! If you are trying to see which cone you hit, you will miss the next gate.

Look ahead!

Look ahead!

When I say look ahead, that also means using your side windows to see where you want to go...

Have a good time!

Bryan
JnJAssociates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:07 AM   #23
oneday
Tri-State Addict

Member #5367

My Ride:
E36 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibachiZ28 View Post
Pshhh.. not competitive? I have no SCCA experience but I have plenty of EVOC and other advanced driving experience ;-)

Oh, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that!

Seriously, come out to Warminster on the 12th. While Boeing is very novice friendly because the courses are short and relatively non-cone intensive, the small lot is not so much fun in a big high hp car.

We do novice walkthroughs and then you can get an instructor to ride along with you and you might even want one of us to drive you car so you can see what it is capable of--at the very least ride with an experience axer in their car.
oneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #24
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Send a message via AIM to Gorilla Unit 33
I always worried about this, being that i plan on entering my first auto-x with my s13 this month also.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:30 PM   #25
Ciotti
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8225

My Ride:
96' Cobra Vert

You'll have so much fun man, which event are you looking at attending? I've been to most of the events in the NJ and PA area at least once and my favorite thus far is the South Jersey SCCA event which is about 20 minutes from Cherry Hill. You get a full 8 runs in every time and the people are just so cool and extremely helpful to new guys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

8 reps for your driver mod muscles

When something has foibles and won't handle perfectly, that gives it a particularly human quality as it makes mistakes. That's how we can build a relationship with a car that other people just won't get - Jeremy Clarkson
Ciotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #26
Simmons-Racing
Tri-State Addict

Member #3034

My Ride:
2001 Miata

Come out to Warminster. I am one of the Instructors, and can help you out learning the course and getting faster. The problem is it is VERY addicting.

Eric

2019 Ram 1500

Sponsored by Karcepts/ Moto-East
Simmons-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:50 AM   #27
DIAF
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #9482

My Ride:
2005 VW GTI 1.8T - DSP

If that Auburn Posi wasn't a stand-alone factory option (not a Camaro guy), you're not going to be allowed to run in F-Stock. ESP it is for you.

That said, go out there and have fun, it's a blast.

NNJRSCCA is running 10/18 and 10/25 @ E-Town. Show up by 8:00 with $45 and have a great day!
DIAF is offline   Reply With Quote