TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
Nick Merrone
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #10807

My Ride:
c18det hatch

Send a message via AIM to Nick Merrone
help!

Alright, the city was just here. well one guy from the city, he called my house an illegal chop shop? we have 4 240's here. one in the garage, and 2 outside. i have a HUGE driveway, mine is off to the side, then ones in front of the garage, ones next to it, and the other is in the garage. He saying either A. We are running an auto repair buissness, B. We are an illegal chop shop.

All the cars are legal, my only concern is if they'll give us **** for a vin plate swapped on dash boards? from one cracked dash to a clean one. one of the cars is gonna be junked(an s14), and the black 240 is for sale, then the red one in the garage is getting a 5 lug swap..so he said ill give you guys a week to get them out of here, cops are coming tonight at 11 pm to take pictures?

i dont know..help
Nick Merrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:
BMW E60 M5 V10 6 Speed --- Ducati Monster 696

They're probably just afraid that your stripping cars.. so they're going to inventory everything you have and cross reference it from stolen databases.

Relax dude.. you have all the titles right? they're on your property so you can do whatever you want... Its not illegal...

Just explain you and your friends love these cars and you work on them... No big deal.. Most of them are for parts anyway.
Vr-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
Nick Merrone
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #10807

My Ride:
c18det hatch

They won't care we have extra parts and stuff right? we have the titles for all of them.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

no... how could they? they would have to prove they are from stolen cars... I wouldnt leave random VINS laying around if you dont know where they are from... AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE 100% on your property.. also clean it all up.. your yard is a **** hole and I'm sure it goes against appearance standards (if bristol has any)
Old 12-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
Nick Merrone
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #10807

My Ride:
c18det hatch

yeah i know my yard is horrible. I'm gonna go clean it, and all the cars are in the driveway, thats our area. haha.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
92sileighty
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #6020

My Ride:
05 S2000

you give them option c. they are my cars and im working on them so **** off..... minus the **** off part lol

in this country, we are innocent till proven guilty. so i would say, prove to me i am running an auto repair business and prove to me that this is an illegal chop shop. they obviously can't so you'll be ok
92sileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
Nick Merrone
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #10807

My Ride:
c18det hatch

thumbs UP^ I just hate talking to cops, the guy from the city said i have a week to get rid of all the cars, he wouldn't let me talk, only my mom, i just kept yelling at him lol. He was like is your mom or dad here? your dads running a chop shop, and an auto repair buissness. i was like these are all mine. hes like no their not ahah
Old 12-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Merrone View Post
thumbs UP^ I just hate talking to cops, the guy from the city said i have a week to get rid of all the cars, he wouldn't let me talk, only my mom, i just kept yelling at him lol. He was like is your mom or dad here? your dads running a chop shop, and an auto repair buissness. i was like these are all mine. hes like no their not ahah
you should have asked him, "do you honestly think a grown man would own all these?"
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

hahahahahahaha
Old 12-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #10
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
your neighbors called them, they hate you.
don't be the black sheep of the neighborhood.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #11
2 much $mok3
Noob-Jersey

Member #15340

My Ride:
95 s14 S-ARRRGH

Geez man, clean your yard up for god's sake. And how do you expect us to help you?
2 much $mok3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
Nick Merrone
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #10807

My Ride:
c18det hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
your neighbors called them, they hate you.
don't be the black sheep of the neighborhood.
I'm going to ignore your douchebagery because i got better **** to do.

but yeah idk i know my cars safe thats all i really care about right now.

and i needed opinions on what to do.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #13
93EGY8
Tri-State Addict

Member #6337

i didnt see any douchebaggery from troll.. he stated the simple fact that your neighbors must have called.. have you pissed them off latley??
-1982 Chevy Camaro Z-28.. Muncie M22 fine spline, Richmond 4:10's, Flowmaster super 40's, 350 4 bolt, lunati cam, fuelie heads, weiand intake, Barry Grant Demon 750cfm double pumper. +6 on jets ..My one true love lol
-1990 bayliner 21ft 5.0 H.O v8 - the floating party
93EGY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #14
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

Send a message via AIM to russiankid
If you have all the titles to the vehicles, then you have nothing to worry about.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #15
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

You neighbors are sick of seeing all those beat as cars. It is an eye sore and/or lowers their property value if they are tring to sell/refi ect... You aren't braking any laws but maybe home owners association rules if any. As long as you have the titles to the cars, you can do with as you please. I honestly think this will blow over real fast. Just clean it up so the neighbors are happy and your good to roll.

PS. You should show your parents some respect and keep the place clean in the first place.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #16
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

My uncle had the township called on him in Fairless Hills because of how many cars he had. He had 3 on his parking pad, and 3 on grass by his shed/garage. The township made him get rid of 2 of the 3 non running cars because of "possible leaking contaminants into the soil" and other reasons.

Edit: he had his work truck, a car, his wife (my aunt) had a car, and 2 of their daughters had cars. there were 5 running, registered, inspected, insured cars in the house. the one that wasnt insured, inspected, registered had to go.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #17
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Merrone View Post
I'm going to ignore your douchebagery because i got better **** to do.
And this is exactly the kind of attitude that the cop saw when he thought you were were a dumb ass and wanted to deal with your mommy/daddy. Cops are people dude, the more respect you give them the more they will give you. It is their job to prepare for the worst but hope for the best. If it is a simple misunderstanding and you area cool with them, they will take care of you.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #18
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
the one that wasnt insured, inspected, registered had to go.
You aren't required by law to register/inspect/insure a car if it is in your driveway or yard. Only if you park it on the street.

I could see the tring that BS about pollution and all and it was probally wasiert o just get rid of it then fight. I don't see how just cause its is parked it will pollute. Hell my catless GTO probally does more danage then a parked car :-)
Old 12-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #19
Nick Merrone
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #10807

My Ride:
c18det hatch

well, one is going asap, just need to find a buyer or a scraper. wrecked s14. the s14 will go as soon as the parts we need come in at pepboys. we need bushings for the 5 lug swap. thats it. then itll only be 2 cars out there. and then my moms and my brothers.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #20
EklipzGSXkid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4554

Good luck.

Your neighbors definatly called, So before you call people douche bag's, I think you need to recognize what people are trying to say, Rather then insult them.

If you have the titles, And they are on YOUR property, You should have nothing to worry about. I've had this problem, And both the state police, And the fraud division had shown up at my garage already. When they tried to get me to remove at the time I owned almost 20 dsm's I had sitting out front *this past summer*, There were nothing they can actually do. I showed proof of ownership for each car, And showed that nothing illegal is going on, And nothing had been in the garage that were stolen. If you be honest with them, They are going to understand that your not some young teenage stubborn asshole (unless you are).

What ever information they asked me for, I gladly gave them, Along with anything else they wanted to know. They seen my 06' Sti down to the bare un-rolling shell, And did not even question it twice after seeing i weren't doing anything illegal, They just ran the vin to show I owned it.

The only thing they actually took and cut up, Were all the old lisence plates I had from cars that were no longer any good, So I let them take them so I did not hafto get rid of them myself (being if someone steals one, it's basically coming back on you).

DO NOT make them get the idea you are running even the least bit of a business, Or you will be in for a rude awakening as you'll be going down a totally different path and opening up all new doors at that point.

Again, Good luck with everything, Your neighbors are assholes. when my neighbors by the garage did this, No lie I went and bought a half dozen cars within the next two days following, And put them on MY property, For spite. It were a stupid thing to do, But I'm all about pissing people off who have no life, And all they have to do is worry into someone elses businesss and life, that has no effect on theirs.

Last edited by EklipzGSXkid; 12-29-2009 at 04:58 PM.
EklipzGSXkid is offline   Reply With Quote