TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic > General Entertainment
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
Omar_MSP
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2201

My Ride:
MSP

Final Fantasy XIII

simply the best FF game ever made, bought it last night and started playing it after the Pacman fight... im gonna say im not a fan of RPG's, i simply hate them... but... after staring at the game on the shelf for like 15 mins, i was like !@#$ it right... i'll try it since of the hype people be talking. i love this game, i made the right choice.

easy 9/10 coming from someone who hates these type of games and im actually enjoying it. very easy to play and the learning curve less than an hour because of the tutorials and pointers.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Omar_MSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

I had bought every ff game until 7 and I haven't had oen since then but I do have the itch and this one does look good. Anything in particular you dig about it?
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
Xclusive_Russ
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15451

My Ride:
2010 Impreza 2.5i/1999 OBS

Send a message via AIM to Xclusive_Russ
Definitely the best of the FF series and in my top 5 rpgs of all time.

1999 Outback Sport Cam'd (For sale)
2010 Impreza 2.5i Hatch
Xclusive_Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
Omar_MSP
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2201

My Ride:
MSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender81 View Post
I had bought every ff game until 7 and I haven't had oen since then but I do have the itch and this one does look good. Anything in particular you dig about it?
the story is amazing my friend, keeps you wondering, its pretty cinematic but the gameplay is very fun, learning new moves, the effects of the abilities and attacks, GRRREAT! i got an hdtv so its looks real good.

trust me, its something i was saying it's gonna suck, not being fan of RPG's... than im like... eh, let me try it, an rpg for once... just once...

LOVING IT!!!!

Old 03-15-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Very cool I think I am going to have to get this.

Do you have it on the ps3 or the 360?
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
Omar_MSP
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2201

My Ride:
MSP

X360 and its great, i put it down to watch a movie but ima dream of it lol. def loving it, i leveled up all my peoples with strength and magic, i slice and dice with a few swing and kill. KILL. except the real big dudes, they require some potion and fighting back lol

Old 03-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #7
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
definately up there with ff7 :P

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #8
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

maybe i'll pick it up this weekend... i was ogling it every time i saw it this past week...
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #9
igo4bmx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #592

My Ride:
2009 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 BMW X5, 2003 WW Evo8, 2000 Turbo SOHC Civic

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
man i will have to pick this up!
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #10
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
If you plan on getting it get it on a PS3. The game was built for PS3 and later ported to Xbox. You can tell the difference in visual and audio acuity. Also, I love the battle system, but after playing 30 hours of it straight after launch I burned myself out and haven't even turned my xbox on for a week. It is a great experience, just not my favorite. FFIX is still my favorite.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #11
bl@ckvr4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4236

My Ride:
1992 mitsubishi VR4

Yes. FFXIII is ****ing amazing! If you have a choice, definitely pick it up on the PS3.

While it is indeed awesome, I definitely don't think it's the best Final Fantasy of all time. I'd still pick III/VI or VII over XIII. I was kind of put off how you can only control one character in battle, rather than the whole party. But the combat is slick, smooth and fast paced.

For those of you that have it on PS3, did you notice how freakin' heavy the disc is compared to other PS3 games? That's the first thing I noticed when I took it out of the case. I thought it was just my imagination, but I compared it to Resident Evil 5 and the disc is noticeably heavier!
1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 =:No, it's not for sale.:=
bl@ckvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #12
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nfl1kt View Post
If you plan on getting it get it on a PS3. The game was built for PS3 and later ported to Xbox.
Pretty sure that's backwards because I am pretty sure it was announced as a 360 exclusive before it was announced on the ps3. I could be wrong but I am 99% sure lol.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #13
**Alex**
Tri-State Addict

Member #5581

My Ride:
2002 Mitsu Lancer OZ, 1989 Nissan 240sx

^ Its a ps3 exclusive in japan. I bought it for ps3. Im a fan of FF series. Its a pretty good game but no where near the best storyline wise. The graphics are amazing. Im not as into it as I was with other Final Fantasy games or Mass Effect 2 for that matter. Still good game but I just expected more storywise. Not drawn into game as I have with other final fantasy games. Picking up God Of War 3 tommorow.
**Alex** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #14
bl@ckvr4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4236

My Ride:
1992 mitsubishi VR4

Quote:
Pretty sure that's backwards because I am pretty sure it was announced as a 360 exclusive before it was announced on the ps3. I could be wrong but I am 99% sure lol.
It's the other way around man. It was a PS3 exclusive, but was announced that it was coming to 360 at E3 2008. That was official reason for all of the delays that the game had.
1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 =:No, it's not for sale.:=
bl@ckvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #15
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ckvr4 View Post
It's the other way around man. It was a PS3 exclusive, but was announced that it was coming to 360 at E3 2008. That was official reason for all of the delays that the game had.
Ahh ic my mistake.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #16
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
considering FF has been a playstation game for ages now, that doesn't sound one bit correct (and it isn't )
Old 03-16-2010, 10:22 PM   #17
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
considering FF has been a playstation game for ages now, that doesn't sound one bit correct (and it isn't )
Oh come on now you're going to point out I was wrong after I already said it. For shame Scape lol

Old 03-17-2010, 08:21 AM   #18
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Oh come on now you're going to point out I was wrong after I already said it. For shame Scape lol
gotta kick you while you're down
Old 03-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #19
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nfl1kt View Post
If you plan on getting it get it on a PS3. The game was built for PS3 and later ported to Xbox. You can tell the difference in visual and audio acuity. Also, I love the battle system, but after playing 30 hours of it straight after launch I burned myself out and haven't even turned my xbox on for a week. It is a great experience, just not my favorite. FFIX is still my favorite.
Quote:
FF series has always been a playstation thing but ive played it on both so i have no idea what you are talking about quality. they seem exactly the same to me.. except the xbox one is 3 disk lol.

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #20
driftingrx5.7
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3099

My Ride:
88 rx5.7

Send a message via AIM to driftingrx5.7 Send a message via Yahoo to driftingrx5.7
wow you guys think its the best FF ever? the game is nice the story is good so far for me, the one thing that i HATE is not being able to control all the characters like the way a RPG should be besides that its great! but not the greatest rpg of all time, and i have been playing rpgs since phantasy star one on the sega master system i know my rpgs ;)

driftingrx5.7 is offline   Reply With Quote