TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Racing
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-29-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
kunt_masha
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #671

My Ride:
wide low dumb e30, heavy slow 350z

Send a message via AIM to kunt_masha
hpde peoples

just wonderin what level everyone on this forum is at?

- how long it took you to get there and how long you guys have been racing?

I have yet to drive in an event but im hoping to get into it this summer
Old 03-29-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
Jlb725
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1517

Send a message via AIM to Jlb725
I know a good amount of people on this forum have a great deal of experience with HPDE's and racing. If your interested in doing HPDE's some good sites to check out are PDAdrivingschool.com and Nasanortheast.com. HPDE's and racing are two different animals, a good place to start is by doing HPDE's. After a couple events you might have a better grasp on what you would like to do, either continue with HPDE's or try some Racing. As for my personal experience i have been around motor-sports for the past fifteen years, while starting to do Racing and HPDE's the past seven years. This forum is a great source of information on the topic, feel free to ask away with any questions you come across.
Good luck,
Jim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

90 Spec Miata White # 37
Old 03-29-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
NOPSTNS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3176

i started autox is the spring of 06, wasnt crazy in love with it from the get go but it was better than sittin at home lookin at my coilovers. one day at autox they mentioned an HPDE they were hostin at pocono so id thought it give it a try, and i was hooked.
after that firste evnt i HAd to get back onto the track and dint care what i had to do to do it...

im HPDE level 2 (out of 4). my next event is in 2 weeks at lime rock and im so excited/nervous im already loosin sleep...hense me sittin here bc i cant sleep...

if u need any trackday info feel free to look 2 inches up on the thread index and see my sticky about "Trackdays 2008"
Old 03-30-2008, 03:16 AM   #4
kunt_masha
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #671

My Ride:

thanks for the info guys! i have been watching the trackdays thread lookin for people attending, and been trollin the NASA forums for a lil bit now

I think I am already hooked from watching youtube vids on limerock and pocono.. plus i went to watch a few events

the only issue is i have no car still debating between evo and s2k-

Jlb725 - are you in any class other than hpde? i figure that is the best starting point and I will move up from there
Old 03-30-2008, 05:04 AM   #5
Jlb725
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1517

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunt_masha View Post
thanks for the info guys! i have been watching the trackdays thread lookin for people attending, and been trollin the NASA forums for a lil bit now

I think I am already hooked from watching youtube vids on limerock and pocono.. plus i went to watch a few events

the only issue is i have no car still debating between evo and s2k-

Jlb725 - are you in any class other than hpde? i figure that is the best starting point and I will move up from there
I was racing in the T2 class with SCCA at the regional level, this year I'm switching to NASA. In NASA I'm almost positive that i will be running in Performance touring or super unlimited. Right now I'm heading out the door for an open HPDE at Pocono for some testing .... I'll post pictures later on today.
- Jim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

90 Spec Miata White # 37
Old 03-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #6
kunt_masha
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #671

My Ride:

lucckky^^
Old 03-30-2008, 02:07 PM   #7
uurxin
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #497

My Ride:
2011 WRX

Send a message via AIM to uurxin
well, family has been doing hpde since 2000... PDA, scca, PRL, pboc stuff... then around 2002 i started with my 02 wrx and brother in his s2000 tagged along with my dad to about 3-4 events a year while he went to maybe 8 or so.... and then about 05 06 we started door to door racing in the PRL, nabbed GT-1 national champ 06, now we are running 2 cars in two different class GT-1 and GT-4(viper and srt 4).. we still go out to pda, scca, pboc, chin motorsports events.. any track day people to get seat time.

youngest brother started karting around 04 or so.. idk to much about it.. runs a margay chasis.. and also drives the srt in some pde events.. and eventually will be sharing the car with him aswell.. (he is going to be prob be the fastest out of all of us... lucky ass bitch was involved in racing karts years before he had his licence.. wish i had the chance to do that when i was younger)

As for the cars, they have been at sebring for the last month or so.. we ran the pboc race .. had some trouble.. tore the center out of the clutch.. missed qual.. had to start from the back.. and rushed to get the car to the grid.. then blew an intercooler pipe.. so kinda sucked.. but it was fun none the less.. got the meet chip herr and a few others... then there is another event down there in about a week.. then we have our PRL race sat and sun of April 25-27.. then the cars come back north to mid ohio and hallet... and prob some events in-between.

racing is a family sport for us.. everyone goes out.. helps out.. has fun.. and wins together..

2002 WRX Stage 4.5 Sold

Last edited by uurxin; 03-30-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #8
kunt_masha
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #671

My Ride:

damn, thats a lot of racing!

im pretty sure ive seen the srt4 in action before, how old were you when you started racing?
Old 03-30-2008, 11:02 PM   #9
marshallpre1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6445

My Ride:
N/A

Send a message via AIM to marshallpre1
yep, I'm gonna be doing a couple of classes this summer. I need to learn how to REALLY DRIVE my Supra so I can enjoy it a lot more. What's the point of a sports car you can't drive well?
1994 SC300 5MT- NA-T- PT61/AEM V1- future track car
Old 03-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #10
04 Turbo Spec
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #262

My Ride:
2012 JKU

Send a message via AIM to 04 Turbo Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunt_masha View Post
damn, thats a lot of racing!

im pretty sure ive seen the srt4 in action before, how old were you when you started racing?
i believe we both started doing HPDE events when we turned 16.
(btw im a co-driver of the race srt along with uurxin)
Old 03-31-2008, 12:21 AM   #11
NOPSTNS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3176

i am thoughly jealous of the budriss kids.....there isnt a single family member of mine that supports my enthusiasm for motorsport...

its a great thing to have backing from ur family and friends....i have neither
Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #12
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:
04 EVO Wrecked by Oakes Detailing

I've only done 2 HPDE events so technically I'm still in level 1 (green). however this weekend I attended an open track @ Pocono, which makes 3 events total now, and was running wheel to wheel with group 3 & 4 driver in their all out race cars, man what an experience that was.

OP, I noticed you are torn between an sk2 & EVO, you really can't make a bad choice for either car, both are very very capable platforms for what you intend to do. I would recommend an EVO though as its a little more versital but I'm biased because I own one.

EDIT: Jim, what happened to you this weekend?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #13
kunt_masha
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #671

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPSTNS View Post
i am thoughly jealous of the budriss kids.....there isnt a single family member of mine that supports my enthusiasm for motorsport...

yea same here, thats why i feel like I'm a little late going into the game
Old 03-31-2008, 11:12 AM   #14
Jlb725
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1517

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysinboost View Post
I've only done 2 HPDE events so technically I'm still in level 1 (green). however this weekend I attended an open track @ Pocono, which makes 3 events total now, and was running wheel to wheel with group 3 & 4 driver in their all out race cars, man what an experience that was.

OP, I noticed you are torn between an sk2 & EVO, you really can't make a bad choice for either car, both are very very capable platforms for what you intend to do. I would recommend an EVO though as its a little more versital but I'm biased because I own one.

EDIT: Jim, what happened to you this weekend?
I was looking around for your car, but i guess i just didn't look hard enough haha. I was parked right behind pitwall with a Yellow Ambulance and a Green M3. Maybe i was looking for the wrong car, do you have any pics of it?
- Jim

90 Spec Miata White # 37
Old 03-31-2008, 11:26 AM   #15
US_R33
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #958

My Ride:
COTM April 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPSTNS View Post

you're more than welcome to come over to our house anytime, Andie and I are very supportive of racing

I'm going to try and get out to some HPDE events this season, so long as I can fit it into the budget, you're more than welcome to join me when i go

- Daniel

Old 03-31-2008, 11:41 AM   #16
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlb725 View Post
I was looking around for your car, but i guess i just didn't look hard enough haha. I was parked right behind pitwall with a Yellow Ambulance and a Green M3. Maybe i was looking for the wrong car, do you have any pics of it?
- Jim
I was in the EVO. I walked up to a guy with a black STI and introduced myself but his name was JR. I didn't see any other black STI's on track, what were you drivng?

I did a little writeup: http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ad.php?t=52667
Old 03-31-2008, 06:35 PM   #17
Jlb725
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1517

Quote:
I was in the EVO. I walked up to a guy with a black STI and introduced myself but his name was JR. I didn't see any other black STI's on track, what were you driving?

I did a little writeup: http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ad.php?t=52667
hahah I was in a silver Sti with all those wonderful subaru graphics on the hood. The car on my avatar is my old sti. That was my fault sorry i wasn't clear about that. Is your Evo red ?
- Jim

90 Spec Miata White # 37
Old 04-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #18
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlb725 View Post
hahah I was in a silver Sti with all those wonderful subaru graphics on the hood. The car on my avatar is my old sti. That was my fault sorry i wasn't clear about that. Is your Evo red ?
- Jim
ok, I remember the silver STI, it had a front mount right? I was in the white EVO, the other two EVO's there were all-out rally cars.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #19
Jlb725
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1517

Quote:
ok, I remember the silver STI, it had a front mount right? I was in the white EVO, the other two EVO's there were all-out rally cars.
I think i remember your evo, my buddy has a in car camera so i will look again. My sti doesn't have a front mount but it is silver. I think i took a couple pics i will post them up.

90 Spec Miata White # 37
Old 04-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #20
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:

humm, I kinda remember an STI with no FMIC but I'm not 100%. I'm sure you were there if you say so. How did you do? nothing like all that track time and decent weather huh. except for the fact that my hand froze on the first session from sticking it out the window to give point by's I had a blast.

Post up those pics/vids if you got them.