TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-18-2006, 03:04 PM   #41
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

WoW isn't console based though...? You can play XI on your computer...

And that picture is low res, here is high res...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #42
driftingeric2k4
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2026

My Ride:
2000 Ford Mustang GT/C

thats what I said , WoW is computer, my computer isnt good enough to play either game. And the hard drive for the ps2 is pointless since FF is the only game that really uses it and the slimline ps2 doesnt support it as an add on.
driftingeric2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #43
smoger
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #64

Send a message via AIM to smoger
the ps2 hard drive is great for things other than FF. you just need the right software ;)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
| 2000 Black Acura 3.2TL

.. all car enthusiasts are welcome
smoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:41 PM   #44
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

cool thing about FFXI is, people can play it on PC, PS2 & XBOX, so it gives everyone a chance to play together, even if you're on different systems. My buddy who plays a lot and is getting me into it says some people in his group even play on dial-up on their PS2 and you wouldn't even know the difference lol...I find it funny

2013 Nissan Juke, 1.6T/Auto/FWD (wife's car lol
)
Intercooled T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:51 PM   #45
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercooled T View Post
cool thing about FFXI is, people can play it on PC, PS2 & XBOX, so it gives everyone a chance to play together, even if you're on different systems. My buddy who plays a lot and is getting me into it says some people in his group even play on dial-up on their PS2 and you wouldn't even know the difference lol...I find it funny
with as graphic intensive as FFXI is...somehow I doubt dial-up wouldn't notice the difference....
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:53 PM   #46
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

he's just saying, from his view (he's on cable), the dial-up guys don't seem to glitch...(from their end, I'm sure its another story) I asked him, cause I was like, don't the dial-up users lag you at all? He said no.

)
Old 09-18-2006, 03:53 PM   #47
dwl137
Tri-State Addict

Member #1248

My Ride:
2013 MX-5 Club, 2011 Golf TDI

Send a message via AIM to dwl137
I played FFXI for 2 years and then when WoW was released I started playing that. Slowly my time started to shift more towards WoW and now I no longer even play FFXI. Both are great games, and both go about things a different way. FFXI has changed a few of the things that really really irritated me and made them better so it's a much better game imo than it was when it came out. I like both, but WoW is currently what I'm playing.
dwl137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:54 PM   #48
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

Yea, you're right the graphics are VERY intense on the system. My old celeron 3.2 and 128mb ati card did crappy with the FFXI benchmark program. My new combo should put it to shame

)
Old 09-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #49
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

you can play FFXI on an MX400

That card is so old they don't even sell it on newegg anymore (pretty sure)

If you are saying you can't play XI on your system spend the 60 bucks and it will be able to run it at medium settings with weather off. It's not that it's insanely graphics intensive...it's just that high res with XI is REALLY HIGH RES

Old 09-18-2006, 07:12 PM   #50
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

haha...mx400, I remember when that was top notch

I'm not saying I can't play as-is right now, only thing is, the benchmark program tore my old computer apart and kicked me in the sack confidence wise, so I wanna wait till everything is "up to speed" before doing the full experience over again.

)
Old 09-18-2006, 07:30 PM   #51
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

seriously, if you start FFXI I can give you some cash in game - it would give me incentive to start playing again as well. I can give you a crash course sometime. Just make sure that it is at the start of a month so I don't waste the money on just 1 month

Old 09-18-2006, 07:42 PM   #52
ScoobyNubieToo!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #862

My Ride:
WRB 2004 WRX Wagon with 07 STI Trans and Longblock inside!

So funny....I'm right at the end of Final Fantasy for NES (using NESter emu) classic RPGing at it's best!

ScoobyNubieToo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:41 PM   #53
smoger
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #64

Send a message via AIM to smoger
since this is a FF thread id like to remind everyone that the redone version of 3 comes out for DS in November

| 2000 Black Acura 3.2TL

.. all car enthusiasts are welcome
smoger is offline   Reply With Quote