TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #15681
Kerplunk105
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Kerplunk105's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Langhorne, PA
Member #1967

My Ride:
2007 Subaru Impreza

iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to Kerplunk105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCarIsFTL View Post
Yes lownslow, I have a job. But I also have a billion other things to be paying for and not to mention it's the holidays. This seriously sets me back as far as buying presents go.. as if it wasn't bad enough.
I totally feel your pain I am very lucky I had some help buying my car.

I also hated going from having no car payments to having a car payment of $320
__________________
~Elizabeth~
Kerplunk105 is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #15682
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Eastern Shore Maryland
Member #276

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
so i might be buying nick's rock hopper for $350
__________________
Quote:
You'll lose a large part of those 35 lbs. when you pop out that crotchfruit.
lownslow95 is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 AM   #15683
tdmopar59
Tri-State Addict
 
tdmopar59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 215
Member #7808

My Ride:
09 Jetta 96 f-150

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCarIsFTL View Post
Yes lownslow, I have a job. But I also have a billion other things to be paying for and not to mention it's the holidays. This seriously sets me back as far as buying presents go.. as if it wasn't bad enough.
rough!! i would finance something nicer if possible... something that won't give you as many problems...
tdmopar59 is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #15684
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Scapegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: stop looking at my gold
Member #1208

 
iTrader: (1)
my time sheet at work looks horrible last week... they're complaining we don't have enough developers (need 5 more) yet they can't seem to find me work... granted, this happens during this time of year as no one wants their site broken when they're pulling in millions a week in sales... but still... back to working in python...
Scapegoat is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #15685
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore
 
ASIAN JUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DelCo ;]
Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

iTrader: (1)
I was looking at a 2003 Mazda 6 for like $11K, but the only way that would happen is if my grandparents flung some serious money this way. And let me just tell you, that ain't happening lol.


I'm thinking I may have to stay under the 10K range
__________________
[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #15686
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Oakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Oakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCarIsFTL View Post
I was looking at a 2003 Mazda 6 for like $11K, but the only way that would happen is if my grandparents flung some serious money this way. And let me just tell you, that ain't happening lol.


I'm thinking I may have to stay under the 10K range
You can take over my payments
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
Oakes is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #15687
Kerplunk105
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Kerplunk105's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Langhorne, PA
Member #1967

My Ride:
2007 Subaru Impreza

iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to Kerplunk105
Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslow95 View Post
so i might be buying nick's rock hopper for $350
Thats cool. Its a great bike. I have a Specialized too and I really like it. You can start going riding with us
__________________
~Elizabeth~
Kerplunk105 is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #15688
Kerplunk105
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Kerplunk105's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Langhorne, PA
Member #1967

My Ride:
2007 Subaru Impreza

iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to Kerplunk105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCarIsFTL View Post
I was looking at a 2003 Mazda 6 for like $11K, but the only way that would happen is if my grandparents flung some serious money this way. And let me just tell you, that ain't happening lol.


I'm thinking I may have to stay under the 10K range
It may be easier to figure it out backwards...how much can you afford a month for a payment?
__________________
~Elizabeth~
Kerplunk105 is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #15689
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Eastern Shore Maryland
Member #276

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerplunk105 View Post
Thats cool. Its a great bike. I have a Specialized too and I really like it. You can start going riding with us
thats the whole plan, as i'm trying to lose some weight.
__________________
Quote:
You'll lose a large part of those 35 lbs. when you pop out that crotchfruit.
lownslow95 is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #15690
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore
 
ASIAN JUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DelCo ;]
Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

iTrader: (1)
I wouldn't want to stretch myself too thin so maybe... $250/month? Maybe a little squeeze room?
__________________
[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #15691
Snoozie
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Snoozie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member #1887

 
iTrader: (0)
I wish I paid $250/month.
__________________
Ya take 'em off.


"Everyone learns faster on fire." - Alkaline Trio
Snoozie is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #15692
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Scapegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: stop looking at my gold
Member #1208

 
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCarIsFTL View Post
I wouldn't want to stretch myself too thin so maybe... $250/month? Maybe a little squeeze room?
go figure out how much of a loan you can get at what APR, then go car shopping. you go in there saying "i can spend 250/month" is going to get you a base model car that you should be paying sub $200 for...

but if you go in knowing what kind of loan and apr you can get, you then know how much that will cost a month, then you can pick out whatever car you want within that price range
Scapegoat is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #15693
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Scapegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: stop looking at my gold
Member #1208

 
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMeanie View Post
I wish I paid $250/month.
yeah seriously... almost double that for a neon is just stooooopit...

but i love my car, and my credit is still horrible...
Scapegoat is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #15694
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Oakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Oakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCarIsFTL View Post
I wouldn't want to stretch myself too thin so maybe... $250/month? Maybe a little squeeze room?
Yeah, you're looking in the 10-12k range, figure a ROUGH average is $20 a month for every $1,000 you finance, depending on your APR/interest rate.

I guess you can't do $392 a month?
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
Oakes is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #15695
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Elliott18t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Blue bell/Ambler ,PA
Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
me too :O
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #15696
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore
 
ASIAN JUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DelCo ;]
Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
go figure out how much of a loan you can get at what APR, then go car shopping. you go in there saying "i can spend 250/month" is going to get you a base model car that you should be paying sub $200 for...

but if you go in knowing what kind of loan and apr you can get, you then know how much that will cost a month, then you can pick out whatever car you want within that price range
Good advice! Yeah, I mean, I can afford more than $250/month but if at all possible, I'd like to stay away from $400/month+, lol
__________________
[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #15697
Kerplunk105
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Kerplunk105's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Langhorne, PA
Member #1967

My Ride:
2007 Subaru Impreza

iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to Kerplunk105
You can def get a nice car for $250/month. My Subaru Impreza was $240
__________________
~Elizabeth~
Kerplunk105 is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #15698
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Oakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Oakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCarIsFTL View Post
Good advice! Yeah, I mean, I can afford more than $250/month but if at all possible, I'd like to stay away from $400/month+, lol
lol, damn, my car is out.
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
Oakes is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #15699
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Scapegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: stop looking at my gold
Member #1208

 
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCarIsFTL View Post
Good advice! Yeah, I mean, I can afford more than $250/month but if at all possible, I'd like to stay away from $400/month+, lol
well yeah, but the whole point of going in there with possibly a loan from the bank, which i think personal loans max at 10k now, keeps you from getting abused by the dealership and paying more for less. which since you're not insanely rich would suck balls

see, i'm just looking out for you boo
Scapegoat is offline  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #15700
tdmopar59
Tri-State Addict
 
tdmopar59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 215
Member #7808

My Ride:
09 Jetta 96 f-150

iTrader: (0)
250 ain't bad especially with good credit...
tdmopar59 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***TST's Official "Boring" Thread, Part Deux*** Buster Off-Topic 40005 12-07-2011 02:02 PM
The official "Talk me out of Joining the Navy as a Corpsman" Thread. Drftpretty Off-Topic 15 09-17-2010 11:01 AM
***TST's Official "Whatever" Thread- II*** ~Brian~ Off-Topic 21 12-17-2008 04:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.