TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #64401
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: West Chester, PA
Member #415

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to HickRocket1258
I have a mustang that needs a bumper repainted too, but have yet to get a quote on it. I'm going to assume $300.
__________________
-Rob

Just a mustang that's lowered.....that's about it.

Work harder....Millions on welfare depend on you!
HickRocket1258 is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #64402
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin
 
TROLL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Langhorne, PA
Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

iTrader: (6)
Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red94Celica View Post
Any opinions on what it should cost the get just the front bumper re-sprayed on my car? I'll be taking just the bumper to wherever I get it done, not the whole car.
I had L.I.P. Collision do some paint work on my Supra and was really happy with their work, and I'm one of those pain in the ass perfectionist types. I'd definitely recommend getting in touch with them, not just for the quality of the finished product but also for their overall service throughout the process.
They're a vendor on here so you can find their vendor forum to get in touch or see www.lipcollision.com .
I think you should be able to have it done for well under $500 if the bumper is brand new without any paint on it currently since that will reduce the amount of prep needed.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
TROLL is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #64403
Red94Celica
Tri-State Addict
 
Red94Celica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Denver PA
Member #4576

My Ride:
98 Cherokee & 02 boosted stang

iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to Red94Celica
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
yea i didnt misread it, i dont **** around with a $200 paint job. you get what you pay for.
Well a grand for a bumper is ridiculous. I'd hate to see what you think a whole car would cost.
Red94Celica is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #64404
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red94Celica View Post
Well a grand for a bumper is ridiculous. I'd hate to see what you think a whole car would cost.
a proper paint job for the entire car the same color will run you upwards of 5-10k.
CHAOS is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #64405
Red94Celica
Tri-State Addict
 
Red94Celica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Denver PA
Member #4576

My Ride:
98 Cherokee & 02 boosted stang

iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to Red94Celica
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
I had L.I.P. Collision do some paint work on my Supra and was really happy with their work, and I'm one of those pain in the ass perfectionist types. I'd definitely recommend getting in touch with them, not just for the quality of the finished product but also for their overall service throughout the process.
They're a vendor on here so you can find their vendor forum to get in touch or see www.lipcollision.com .
I think you should be able to have it done for well under $500 if the bumper is brand new without any paint on it currently since that will reduce the amount of prep needed.
Thanks for the information. If I cant find a respectable shop around here, I'll look into them. More as a backup because their shop is over an hour away from my house.
Red94Celica is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #64406
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin
 
TROLL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Langhorne, PA
Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

iTrader: (6)
Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Yeah I drove a bit to get there and it was a bit of a pain but I'm really happy I did it. Just make sure you go to a shop that has good recommendations and you feel really comfortable with (assuming you care about the end result). I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is not to just flat out price-shop because there is a wide spectrum for different qualities of work, so you really can't compare one shop to the next sometimes. Unfortunately there are a lot of shops out there that cut corners and might be a little cheaper, but it does affect the finished product.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
TROLL is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #64407
Red94Celica
Tri-State Addict
 
Red94Celica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Denver PA
Member #4576

My Ride:
98 Cherokee & 02 boosted stang

iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to Red94Celica
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Yeah I drove a bit to get there and it was a bit of a pain but I'm really happy I did it. Just make sure you go to a shop that has good recommendations and you feel really comfortable with (assuming you care about the end result). I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is not to just flat out price-shop because there is a wide spectrum for different qualities of work, so you really can't compare one shop to the next sometimes. Unfortunately there are a lot of shops out there that cut corners and might be a little cheaper, but it does affect the finished product.
Yeah, I'm definitely concerned about the final outcome considering I'd possibly like to put my car in some small shows this year just for fun. I'd like to sand off the old paint and everything myself, but I've never done body work. I've worked with sanders as far as wood finishing and stuff but this is different. I dont want to mess anything up because black paint shows the most. (i think?)
Red94Celica is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #64408
93EGY8
Tri-State Addict
 
93EGY8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member #6337

 
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
lol shameless whore.


i lol'd when i saw that it doesnt start on its on and doesnt have a seat.
yea the seat blew off on the way to the mountains, and the battery is either shot or the starter is on its way out, not sure.. just looking for a quick sale.
__________________
-2006 Chevy Silverado 5.3 Vortec Z71, leveling kit and k&n intake - my daily
-1982 Chevy Camaro Z-28.. Muncie M22 fine spline, Richmond 4:10's, Flowmaster super 40's, 350 4 bolt, lunati cam, fuelie heads, weiand intake, Barry Grant Demon 750cfm double pumper. +6 on jets ..My one true love lol
-1990 bayliner 21ft 5.0 H.O v8 - the floating party
93EGY8 is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #64409
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator
 
Big_Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member #7592

 
iTrader: (6)
Ugh, lack of sleep is getting to me. Got a lil over 4 hours last night. Work is crazy today.
__________________
Quote:
I'm not a hater... I'm just smarter then you.
Big_Jim is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #64410
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator
 
Big_Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member #7592

 
iTrader: (6)
Oh, and JonN check the 2010 farmers almanac. They're pretty accurate when it comes to the weather.
__________________
Quote:
I'm not a hater... I'm just smarter then you.
Big_Jim is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #64411
piku
Tri-State Addict
 
piku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bradentucky, FL
Member #12166

My Ride:
335i/M3

iTrader: (0)
Hey all, had fun last night. **** work.
piku is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #64412
angdefeo
Tri-State Aficionado
 
angdefeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Phila
Member #14238

My Ride:
09 WRX STi, 10 Evo X

iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by piku View Post
Hey all, had fun last night. **** work.
it was nice meeting you and marina last night.
angdefeo is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #64413
3rdGenMr2Girl
Tri-State Post Whore
 
3rdGenMr2Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Member #9924

My Ride:
1993 Toyota Mr2 Turbo

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to 3rdGenMr2Girl
it was nice meeting everyone i never met last night
__________________
1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo (my only love)
1989 Nissan 240sx (my project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
)
3rdGenMr2Girl is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #64414
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator
 
Big_Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member #7592

 
iTrader: (6)
Def cool meeting those I haven't met. Still wondering how marina new me lol.
__________________
Quote:
I'm not a hater... I'm just smarter then you.
Big_Jim is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #64415
3rdGenMr2Girl
Tri-State Post Whore
 
3rdGenMr2Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Member #9924

My Ride:
1993 Toyota Mr2 Turbo

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to 3rdGenMr2Girl
big jim is the man, i want that coat.
__________________
1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo (my only love)
1989 Nissan 240sx (my project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
)
3rdGenMr2Girl is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #64416
sleeper15
Tri-State Addict
 
sleeper15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Moscow, PA
Member #14620

My Ride:
08 Civic Mugen SI, 08 S2000 CR

iTrader: (0)
maybe i'll try to make the next one
__________________
2000 Dodge Durango R/T - Going bye bye soon
2009 Acura TL SH-AWD - Daily pimp mobile
2008 Honda S2000 CR - Fanboy toy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
sleeper15 is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #64417
sleeper15
Tri-State Addict
 
sleeper15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Moscow, PA
Member #14620

My Ride:
08 Civic Mugen SI, 08 S2000 CR

iTrader: (0)
and the thread goes quiet.
__________________
2000 Dodge Durango R/T - Going bye bye soon
2009 Acura TL SH-AWD - Daily pimp mobile
2008 Honda S2000 CR - Fanboy toy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
sleeper15 is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #64418
angdefeo
Tri-State Aficionado
 
angdefeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Phila
Member #14238

My Ride:
09 WRX STi, 10 Evo X

iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper15 View Post
and the thread goes quiet.
dont take it personal.....your not that likeable...
angdefeo is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #64419
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator
 
Big_Jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member #7592

 
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGenMr2Girl View Post
big jim is the man, i want that coat.

its quite warm, its because theres lots of wool in it. LOL. Theres plenty of pissed off sheep that i have a wool coat that big HAHAHA
__________________
Quote:
I'm not a hater... I'm just smarter then you.
Big_Jim is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #64420
angdefeo
Tri-State Aficionado
 
angdefeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Phila
Member #14238

My Ride:
09 WRX STi, 10 Evo X

iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGenMr2Girl View Post
big jim is the man, i want that coat.
are you still in emo wear today?
angdefeo is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***TST's Official "Boring" Thread, Part Deux*** Buster Off-Topic 40005 12-07-2011 02:02 PM
The official "Talk me out of Joining the Navy as a Corpsman" Thread. Drftpretty Off-Topic 15 09-17-2010 11:01 AM
***TST's Official "Whatever" Thread- II*** ~Brian~ Off-Topic 21 12-17-2008 04:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.