TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 12:36 PM   #53461
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

iTrader: (1)
too bad you arent near me... my local guy treats me great and IMO did a better job than r/t.
CHAOS is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #53462
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!
 
DPancoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

iTrader: (6)
Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
entirely possible... but for our area... r/t is a safe haven compared to any other alignment rack in the area lol
__________________
Dan

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #53463
piku
Tri-State Addict
 
piku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bradentucky, FL
Member #12166

My Ride:
335i/M3

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
too bad you arent near me... my local guy treats me great and IMO did a better job than r/t.
I agree with that sentiment and I can weight my car to spec myself before bringing it in. That's the only thing they wouldn't bother with but they will do front and rear toe and camber to any spec I want with before and after printouts. Can't complain.

Anyway, blah. I'll wait. But I'm going to sit in the car and rev the engine all weekend.
piku is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #53464
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!
 
DPancoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

iTrader: (6)
Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
they'll bother with it if you pay the money =P
__________________
Dan

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #53465
HaveBlue83
Tri-State Post Whore
 
HaveBlue83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Williamsport, PA
Member #13212

My Ride:
'14 Fiesta ST, 93 Summit Coupe

iTrader: (4)
LOL @ sitting in it and revvin' it all weekend
__________________
'93 4G63T Eagle Summit Coupe | 95 TSi | 99 Spyder

Guns, Girls & Cars...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
HaveBlue83 is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #53466
sleeper15
Tri-State Addict
 
sleeper15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Moscow, PA
Member #14620

My Ride:
08 Civic Mugen SI, 08 S2000 CR

iTrader: (0)
just sitting here, watchin Jackass: The Lost tapes.

much better then jackass 2.5

and in a little bit, i get to be a taste tester at a family friends new resturant
__________________
2000 Dodge Durango R/T - Going bye bye soon
2009 Acura TL SH-AWD - Daily pimp mobile
2008 Honda S2000 CR - Fanboy toy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
sleeper15 is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #53467
liberta
Tri-State Post Whore
 
liberta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Marlton, NJ
Member #14565

My Ride:
Skittle

iTrader: (0)
Im playing super smash bros for the n64 lol
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- 04 NSRT4 Stage 2+
Quote:
Liberta you are the SJ meet president. You're supposed to be at every meet. No excuses.
Quote:
someone comes up to you at a meet, you think he's gonna talk about your car but then he's like "this is your car right? i saw your car in traffic one day and some blonde bitch was sucking your dick....*high five*"
liberta is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #53468
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore
 
russiankid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lincoln University PA
Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to russiankid
Mark, it may be worth the trip up to Bimmerworks. When I had my alignment done I just had the regular toe done, but on yours I would get the car loaded correctly.
__________________
2012' Scion tC 6-speed M/T.
russiankid is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #53469
sleeperSL2
Tri-State Post Whore
 
sleeperSL2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Easton, Pennsylvania
Member #8422

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to sleeperSL2
So i had an amazing week, until tonight, girl ive been talking to told me she has some sort of kidney ailment and the doctors don't think she'll make it past 25. AND getting off the highway i saw a car flip roll and eject a passenger. not feelin' so hot now.
__________________
Quote:
Don't make me walk over to your desk lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Kyle
sleeperSL2 is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 10:24 PM   #53470
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!
 
DPancoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

iTrader: (6)
Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
damn dude
__________________
Dan

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #53471
piku
Tri-State Addict
 
piku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bradentucky, FL
Member #12166

My Ride:
335i/M3

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
Mark, it may be worth the trip up to Bimmerworks. When I had my alignment done I just had the regular toe done, but on yours I would get the car loaded correctly.
My shop claims the loading is technically unnecessary and is only done so that there is no alignment issues or instability at high speeds (150+MPH). He said the downforce from the various aero components equals about 450 pounds or so at that speed. It sounds believable. I'll give it a shot and go back if I have any high speed handling issues. I only hit 150+ 2 or 3 times in that car and it's always been extremely stable (as in more so than an STi) so I'll know if it changed. I gotta say, I'm really nervous about the tie rods. I hope I did them right. I saw a car lose a tie rod going down the street and it wasn't pretty at all.
piku is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #53472
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore
 
russiankid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lincoln University PA
Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to russiankid
Quote:
Originally Posted by piku View Post
My shop claims the loading is technically unnecessary and is only done so that there is no alignment issues or instability at high speeds (150+MPH). He said the downforce from the various aero components equals about 450 pounds or so at that speed. It sounds believable. I'll give it a shot and go back if I have any high speed handling issues. I only hit 150+ 2 or 3 times in that car and it's always been extremely stable (as in more so than an STi) so I'll know if it changed. I gotta say, I'm really nervous about the tie rods. I hope I did them right. I saw a car lose a tie rod going down the street and it wasn't pretty at all.
Well stability is one thing, but tread wear and stress on the suspension components is another. My car is stable at 130mph with a regular alignment, but mine is also stock.

As far as tie rods, make sure that the nuts holding the ball joints are torqued to spec. If they are, you'll be fine.
__________________
2012' Scion tC 6-speed M/T.
russiankid is offline  
Old 10-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #53473
sleeperSL2
Tri-State Post Whore
 
sleeperSL2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Easton, Pennsylvania
Member #8422

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to sleeperSL2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
damn dude
i know. the girl, idk what to do. amazing personality, shes 16 and graduating from high school already and going to school to be a bio chemist. like, idk what to do haha
__________________
Quote:
Don't make me walk over to your desk lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Kyle
sleeperSL2 is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 04:47 AM   #53474
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Oakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Oakes
16 is too nyoung. find someone older, hate to say it but..yeah.
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
Oakes is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 05:15 AM   #53475
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore
 
99SL2_Modder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Levittown, PA
Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakes View Post
16 is too nyoung. find someone older, hate to say it but..yeah.
On the other hand, he has 9 years to pound away and show her a good life...
__________________
Quote:
my pants just ran a pop up blocker
Quote:
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.
99SL2_Modder is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 07:59 AM   #53476
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!
 
twastheglow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

iTrader: (0)
Being up before 8am on a Sunday is pretty sweet!
__________________
*mike* <-- Master of Baiting

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 08:18 AM   #53477
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Eastern Shore Maryland
Member #276

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
hell yeah it is...
__________________
Quote:
You'll lose a large part of those 35 lbs. when you pop out that crotchfruit.
lownslow95 is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 08:58 AM   #53478
piku
Tri-State Addict
 
piku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bradentucky, FL
Member #12166

My Ride:
335i/M3

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
Well stability is one thing, but tread wear and stress on the suspension components is another. My car is stable at 130mph with a regular alignment, but mine is also stock.

As far as tie rods, make sure that the nuts holding the ball joints are torqued to spec. If they are, you'll be fine.
I'm not worried about the outer. I'm worried about the inner. The system on the M3 and other E36's is a threaded ball joint that screws into a lockplate into the rack. Then you bend a metal tab into place to secure it. Given the system, it's impossible to torque it to spec so I hooked a vice grip up to my torque wrench, pushed to 71Nm and then attempted to replicate the torque onto the tie rod. But that feels pretty half assed to me and I'm tempted to buy the special tool, new lock plates and torque it to spec. I can do that without harming alignment. But thing is, if I drive it around for a little while and everything holds together than it's probably safe.

Last edited by piku; 10-18-2009 at 09:16 AM.
piku is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #53479
sleeperSL2
Tri-State Post Whore
 
sleeperSL2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Easton, Pennsylvania
Member #8422

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to sleeperSL2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SL2_Modder View Post
On the other hand, he has 9 years to pound away and show her a good life...
thats where im torn. i mean i dont want to be a a**hole and be like well your gonna die i dont want to take this further. and on the other hand shes 16, im 18 and in college.
__________________
Quote:
Don't make me walk over to your desk lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


Kyle
sleeperSL2 is offline  
Old 10-18-2009, 10:09 AM   #53480
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Oakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Oakes
Ight, I thought you were like 21 or so, 18 isn't so bad. In that case, if you legit like the girl and can actually show/give her a good life, then go for it dude. I dunno, I just have been hesistant about relationships anymore, call me paranoid....but the ones that I have had were ok at best but caused more headaches than good, and one ended all too soon due to a drunk driver. However, at the same time, I'm not knocking them cause I seen some happy couples and all. I just love being single and having as much fun as possible.

I'm gonna completely honest with you guys, I'm probably still drunk so ignore me hahaha
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
Oakes is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***TST's Official "Boring" Thread, Part Deux*** Buster Off-Topic 40005 12-07-2011 02:02 PM
The official "Talk me out of Joining the Navy as a Corpsman" Thread. Drftpretty Off-Topic 15 09-17-2010 11:01 AM
***TST's Official "Whatever" Thread- II*** ~Brian~ Off-Topic 21 12-17-2008 04:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.