TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #48201
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Oakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Oakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagos View Post
Christ dude. You are a born hater.
I'm just sayin, if it was that easy, I'd already be back to work on the car. The pads are so pourous that you can't just use any soap on them and definitely not directly cause it'll get caught up in there. You cant like "flash" dry them either because they'll become brittle. I just wish that one Polish I ordered wasn't on back order or I'd have a whole new spare set already and still be buffing the car. Such is life, I'll still get it done tomorrow, I'll just sweat a lot more
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
Oakes is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #48202
lagos
Tri-State Post Whore
 
lagos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Member #989

My Ride:
Toyota Celica GT-Two

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakes View Post
I'm just sayin, if it was that easy, I'd already be back to work on the car. The pads are so pourous that you can't just use any soap on them and definitely not directly cause it'll get caught up in there. You cant like "flash" dry them either because they'll become brittle. I just wish that one Polish I ordered wasn't on back order or I'd have a whole new spare set already and still be buffing the car. Such is life, I'll still get it done tomorrow, I'll just sweat a lot more
The point of my post was to inform you to use a hair dryer to speed up the drying process as it works really well on foam pads and applicators, but you have your head stuck so far up your own ass sometimes that you cant take advice from anyone.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The accelerator on my toyota has always been stuck to the floor..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
lagos is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #48203
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator
 
c0nfl1kt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
What do you guys do? Older chicks don't like me, girls my age don't like me, girls slightly younger than me don't like me.
__________________
c0nfl1kt is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #48204
lagos
Tri-State Post Whore
 
lagos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Member #989

My Ride:
Toyota Celica GT-Two

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nfl1kt View Post
What do you guys do? Older chicks don't like me, girls my age don't like me, girls slightly younger than me don't like me.
Game. Either you have it, or you don't.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The accelerator on my toyota has always been stuck to the floor..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
lagos is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #48205
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Oakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Oakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagos View Post
The point of my post was to inform you to use a hair dryer to speed up the drying process as it works really well on foam pads and applicators, but you have your head stuck so far up your own ass sometimes that you cant take advice from anyone.
Art, you didn't fully read my post. I'd take the advice if it was deemed beneficial, which it's not. I've been doing this for a long time, you don't use a hair dryer to quickly dry a buffing pad for the buffer itself. Heat breaks these pads down, which is how they wear over time, by doing that I sacrifice the quality of the pad and risk making it brittle which will defeat the purpose of the pad itself.
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
Oakes is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #48206
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Eastern Shore Maryland
Member #276

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
When the **** did we get ice cream?
__________________
Quote:
You'll lose a large part of those 35 lbs. when you pop out that crotchfruit.
lownslow95 is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #48207
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore
 
russiankid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lincoln University PA
Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to russiankid
You both don't know ****!
__________________
2012' Scion tC 6-speed M/T.
russiankid is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #48208
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Oakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Oakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
You both don't know ****!
I know right?

In short: I wouldn't for a moment second guess anything Toyota related that Art says, I just don't understand why he feels the need to tell me I have my head up my ass when he's telling me how to clean my buffer pads as if I haven't been doing so for the last 6 years...
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
Oakes is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #48209
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore
 
russiankid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lincoln University PA
Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to russiankid
Its weird how I have been a Honda geek for 5 years now, but a BMW geek for 1 and know more about BMW's than Honda's.
__________________
2012' Scion tC 6-speed M/T.
russiankid is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #48210
sherwood
Tri-State Post Whore
 
sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NJ
Member #2221

My Ride:
arggg 32, vr jetta.

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to sherwood
dont get ur panties in a bundle and get this thread locked! TST and the whole world would hate you!!!
__________________
666family
Off Topic MONSTER
.dub cult.
Quote:
But I am sure the exhaust is angled for back pressure to have a faster spool-up for larger size turbochargers @ low RPM
sherwood is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #48211
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore
 
russiankid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lincoln University PA
Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to russiankid
After 1,206 pages, its going to get locked?
__________________
2012' Scion tC 6-speed M/T.
russiankid is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #48212
lagos
Tri-State Post Whore
 
lagos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Member #989

My Ride:
Toyota Celica GT-Two

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakes View Post
I know right?

In short: I wouldn't for a moment second guess anything Toyota related that Art says, I just don't understand why he feels the need to tell me I have my head up my ass when he's telling me how to clean my buffer pads as if I haven't been doing so for the last 6 years...
That's the thing, you think you know everything.

You have your head up your ass because as soon as I mention ANYTHING having to do with detailing, you jump in with how its wrong.
You mentioned that you wanted to clean your pad but didn't want to wait for it to dry. I gave you a solution.
Hell you can even set your dryer on low heat or air blast and it will do the job of drying the pad as the air gets pushed through the foam, but what do I know.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The accelerator on my toyota has always been stuck to the floor..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
lagos is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #48213
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Scapegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: stop looking at my gold
Member #1208

 
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagos View Post
Older chicks rule dude. I was out with a 37yr old a few weeks ago. They are all business.
Haha yes sir... already got a text "I love to ****"... ****ing awesome!
Scapegoat is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:18 PM   #48214
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Oakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Oakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagos View Post
That's the thing, you think you know everything.

You have your head up your ass because as soon as I mention ANYTHING having to do with detailing, you jump in with how its wrong.
You mentioned that you wanted to clean your pad but didn't want to wait for it to dry. I gave you a solution.
Hell you can even set your dryer on low heat or air blast and it will do the job of drying the pad as the air gets pushed through the foam, but what do I know.
Art, I'm not dismissing you, a good bit of the things you have suggested to me were wrong...

The pads are under a fan, it's the orange pads too and they're VERY dense and if they're too moist then it messes the polish up and it'll sling everywhere. I've had "dry" pads send polish up the side of a car cause the core was still damp.

I shoot it down cause I like to be an ass, in the same way you like to respond to some of my suggestions/stories
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
Oakes is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:18 PM   #48215
lagos
Tri-State Post Whore
 
lagos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Member #989

My Ride:
Toyota Celica GT-Two

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
Haha yes sir... already got a text "I love to ****"... ****ing awesome!
Looking forward to your Monday morning post of regret just like the one I posted a few days ago!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The accelerator on my toyota has always been stuck to the floor..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
lagos is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #48216
lagos
Tri-State Post Whore
 
lagos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Member #989

My Ride:
Toyota Celica GT-Two

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakes View Post
I shoot it down cause I like to be an ass, in the same way you like to respond to some of my suggestions/stories
fair enough. moving on...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The accelerator on my toyota has always been stuck to the floor..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
lagos is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #48217
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Oakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Oakes
On that note, gonna shoot out for a bit and then get back to work on this mint example of an STi
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
Oakes is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #48218
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore
 
russiankid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lincoln University PA
Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to russiankid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakes View Post
On that note, gonna shoot out for a bit and then get back to work on this mint example of an STi
Marcus' STi? No wait.....
__________________
2012' Scion tC 6-speed M/T.
russiankid is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #48219
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Oakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Oakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiankid View Post
Marcus' STi? No wait.....
Oh you're just full of them tonight!

hahaha, good one.
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
Oakes is offline  
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #48220
lagos
Tri-State Post Whore
 
lagos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Member #989

My Ride:
Toyota Celica GT-Two

iTrader: (0)
on a detailing topic... trying to clean inside of the toyota T emblem sucks ass.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The accelerator on my toyota has always been stuck to the floor..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
lagos is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***TST's Official "Boring" Thread, Part Deux*** Buster Off-Topic 40005 12-07-2011 02:02 PM
The official "Talk me out of Joining the Navy as a Corpsman" Thread. Drftpretty Off-Topic 15 09-17-2010 11:01 AM
***TST's Official "Whatever" Thread- II*** ~Brian~ Off-Topic 21 12-17-2008 04:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.