TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #26201
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Honduh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member #1977

 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
member # doesn't really matter. for instance, we don't take #1977 seriously
but you should, cause he is seriously sexy.
Honduh is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:00 PM   #26202
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!
 
DPancoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

iTrader: (6)
Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
mods are mods... who cares.
__________________
Dan

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #26203
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Honduh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member #1977

 
iTrader: (0)
I care. I'm not bitching because I want to be a mod either or anything because I'm not on enough to be a mod. I'm just wondering how and why certain people are picked to be mods.
Honduh is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #26204
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator
 
Got Insulin?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philly
Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

iTrader: (16)
Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honduh View Post
Its not really about the member # im sorry. But you for instance have not even been a member for a year. What exactly qualifies you to be a mod?
I don't have an answer for you; I was approached and asked if I'd like to help with the forum, and I said "sure." If I, or another mod, appears over-zealous, report the post; we're a collective team to help the forum stay afloat and keep it's pedigree, but that doesn't make us always in the right. Also, if you're going to appologize for mentioning member number in an argument, don't you think it's a little backwards to mention the fact that I joined less than a year ago? It kind of kicks the floor out of your appology.
__________________
-Taylor
DenOfDebauchery
Got Insulin? is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:06 PM   #26205
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!
 
DPancoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

iTrader: (6)
Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
it's probably just what you said it is. who's on enough, who can have an unbiased opinion when a flame war starts or trouble arises... and someone who is trusted to follow the rules and enforce them without picking sides or letting people do whatever they want since they are their friends or something.
__________________
Dan

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #26206
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator
 
Got Insulin?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philly
Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

iTrader: (16)
Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
^Yahtzee.
__________________
-Taylor
DenOfDebauchery
Got Insulin? is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #26207
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!
 
DPancoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

iTrader: (6)
Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
I love that game
__________________
Dan

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #26208
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!
 
twastheglow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

iTrader: (0)
You guys are funny. I giggled.
__________________
*mike* <-- Master of Baiting

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #26209
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Honduh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member #1977

 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
I don't have an answer for you; I was approached and asked if I'd like to help with the forum, and I said "sure." If I, or another mod, appears over-zealous, report the post; we're a collective team to help the forum stay afloat and keep it's pedigree, but that doesn't make us always in the right. Also, if you're going to appologize for mentioning member number in an argument, don't you think it's a little backwards to mention the fact that I joined less than a year ago? It kind of kicks the floor out of your appology.
I was trying to clear myself up. I wasn't exactly saying sorry to you. So again sorry if that wasn't clear.

I would just think that a senior member who everyone knows would have been a better choice.

Honestly I'd rather see scapegoat a mod LOL. He seems to be on often enough to hold the fort down.
Honduh is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #26210
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore
 
SpEcRv9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Blue Bell
Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
not being biased on this forum takes some restraint too...there are a lot of ****tards.
__________________
SpEcRv9 is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #26211
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!
 
twastheglow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 View Post
not being biased on this forum takes some restraint too...there are a lot of ****tards.
QFT (not that I'm not LOL)
__________________
*mike* <-- Master of Baiting

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #26212
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator
 
c0nfl1kt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
For being here a few months, I gotta say that the mod staff is pretty fair and lenient. That said, they do bend the rules a LOT more for guys that have been here longer than I. It's fairer than other forums, but not 100% fair across the board.
__________________
c0nfl1kt is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #26213
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!
 
DPancoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

iTrader: (6)
Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
Quote:
Originally Posted by twastheglow View Post
You guys are funny. I giggled.

I'll make you giggle...

wut
__________________
Dan

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #26214
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!
 
twastheglow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nfl1kt View Post
For being here a few months, I gotta say that the mod staff is pretty fair and lenient. That said, they do bend the rules a LOT more for guys that have been here longer than I. It's fairer than other forums, but not 100% fair across the board.
That's because we've put in blood, sweat and tears.
__________________
*mike* <-- Master of Baiting

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #26215
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!
 
twastheglow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
I'll make you giggle...

wut
*waiting impatiently*
__________________
*mike* <-- Master of Baiting

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #26216
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!
 
DPancoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

iTrader: (6)
Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
Lol.....ummmm I dont kiss on the first date...........?
__________________
Dan

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #26217
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!
 
twastheglow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
Lol.....ummmm I dont kiss on the first date...........?
****** please, I don't kiss any of my tricks.
__________________
*mike* <-- Master of Baiting

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #26218
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator
 
Got Insulin?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philly
Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

iTrader: (16)
Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honduh View Post
I was trying to clear myself up. I wasn't exactly saying sorry to you. So again sorry if that wasn't clear.

I would just think that a senior member who everyone knows would have been a better choice.

Honestly I'd rather see scapegoat a mod LOL. He seems to be on often enough to hold the fort down.
It is what it is, man. Apparently The Captain and I are doing something right to get the attention that we are from the rest of the Mod Staff. If you have an issue, I encourage you to post about it. Ask questions. Ken has offered to be a mod before, just like I did, and will be considered as equally as everyone else is/was if the time arrises that we need to expand or make changes to the Staff roster.
__________________
-Taylor
DenOfDebauchery
Got Insulin? is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #26219
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator
 
c0nfl1kt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by twastheglow View Post
That's because we've put in blood, sweat and tears.
I'm sorry, but I've been working for Comcast faithfully for 5 years(when the average executive level director only lasts an average of 1.5-2 years) and I still get apprehended the same as guys that just started directing other areas. It's fairness, but I won't argue with anyone, it's just a freaking website, and I've already been banned twice for breaking the rules. I don't see why others that break the rules, even if it's registrar number 2, don't get in trouble. I don't care how much you have sweat over jacking off to pictures here, how many tears you have shed over e-insults, or how many pints of blood you have bled at the meets.
__________________
c0nfl1kt is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #26220
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!
 
twastheglow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nfl1kt View Post
I'm sorry, but I've been working for Comcast faithfully for 5 years(when the average executive level director only lasts an average of 1.5-2 years) and I still get apprehended the same as guys that just started directing other areas. It's fairness, but I won't argue with anyone, it's just a freaking website, and I've already been banned twice for breaking the rules. I don't see why others that break the rules, even if it's registrar number 2, don't get in trouble. I don't care how much you have sweat over jacking off to pictures here, how many tears you have shed over e-insults, or how many pints of blood you have bled at the meets.
LOL For someone who's not taking it too seriously because it's a website, you sure seemed to have taken my comment to heart. Relax dude, it was a joke. Breathe.
__________________
*mike* <-- Master of Baiting

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***TST's Official "Boring" Thread, Part Deux*** Buster Off-Topic 40005 12-07-2011 02:02 PM
The official "Talk me out of Joining the Navy as a Corpsman" Thread. Drftpretty Off-Topic 15 09-17-2010 11:01 AM
***TST's Official "Whatever" Thread- II*** ~Brian~ Off-Topic 21 12-17-2008 04:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.