TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 03:19 AM   #2101
RayArroyo
Tri-State Post Whore
 
RayArroyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ALBANY/PHILLY
Member #205

My Ride:
GTR/RSTI/MDX Sport

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to RayArroyo
glad i was able to help keith let me know whn you do the trans
__________________
*formerly ray@turbotek*
RayArroyo is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #2102
Snoozie
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Snoozie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member #1887

 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasturbod View Post
man just do the 6spd swap. lol. whats the big deal man u act like u cant find guys on the forum who can help u out. just do it!!! lol
Hmmm lets see. A $900 5mt or a $5000 6mt.....I dont even think that is a question. Hes not even sure if he is keeping it yet let alone have enough money to drop on a 6 speed.
__________________
Ya take 'em off.


"Everyone learns faster on fire." - Alkaline Trio
Snoozie is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #2103
Jeffros Spec V
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Langhorne PA
Member #263

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Jeffros Spec V
1-4 PPG will cost more than a 6speed swap.

Keith sorry to hear but I know mine is going to take a dump once I get tuned but thankfully I have another car.

Good luck and glad to see you found naother trans already. LMK if you need help with the swap.
Jeffros Spec V is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #2104
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Member #301

 
iTrader: (4)
Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMeanie View Post
Hmmm lets see. A $900 5mt or a $5000 6mt.....I dont even think that is a question. Hes not even sure if he is keeping it yet let alone have enough money to drop on a 6 speed.
keeping what, the car?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
CarbonIS is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #2105
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Buster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Holland Pa
Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffros Spec V View Post
1-4 PPG will cost more than a 6speed swap.

Keith sorry to hear but I know mine is going to take a dump once I get tuned but thankfully I have another car.

Good luck and glad to see you found naother trans already. LMK if you need help with the swap.
To have AndrewTech do it for you yes it would cost more than the 6mt. But if I keep the car I can slowly and much more cost effectivly build my trans myself.

To the guy who just bought his WRX, you dont know how much time and money goes into a 6mt its not just a trans, its also rear diff, clutch, pressure plate, TOB, axles, DCCD controller, possibly even the shifter assmb. Its not just as simple as putting in a new tranny. You'll understand when yours goes. They do most of the time. Unless you are Fred and Bryan.

Ill know what Im doing with everything soon but as of right now if someone would give me 18k for a tuned stage 4 car then its sold.
__________________
III
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Buster is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #2106
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Renegade_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NNJ/NYC
Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
To the guy who just bought his WRX, you dont know how much time and money goes into a 6mt its not just a trans, its also rear diff, clutch, pressure plate, TOB, axles, DCCD controller, possibly even the shifter assmb. Its not just as simple as putting in a new tranny. You'll understand when yours goes. They do most of the time. Unless you are Fred and Bryan.
I know what you mean, there's even more to it than that... Last I know of the 6 speed axles are thicker and don't mate up with the hubs, which means new hubs, which means new brakes and new suspension to match the hubs, and unless you get 04 STi hubs means new wheels because of 5 x 114.3 vs 5 x 100...

At least thats with RS guys too, WRX should be the same.

Bummer that the **** broke - really, I wouldn't know what the hell I would do if my trans broke right now. Hell, I want to swap my car really bad too and people say, "Just do it...". Yeah, well, where the hell is a student gonna get 3 grand. 6 grand for a full 6 speed is a financial burden for anyone unless your rich.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Renegade_ is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #2107
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Buster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Holland Pa
Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade_ View Post
I know what you mean, there's even more to it than that... Last I know of the 6 speed axles are thicker and don't mate up with the hubs, which means new hubs, which means new brakes and new suspension to match the hubs, and unless you get 04 STi hubs means new wheels because of 5 x 114.3 vs 5 x 100...

At least thats with RS guys too, WRX should be the same.

Bummer that the **** broke - really, I wouldn't know what the hell I would do if my trans broke right now. Hell, I want to swap my car really bad too and people say, "Just do it...". Yeah, well, where the hell is a student gonna get 3 grand. 6 grand for a full 6 speed is a financial burden for anyone unless your rich.
amen to that.
__________________
III
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Buster is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #2108
sherwood
Tri-State Post Whore
 
sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NJ
Member #2221

My Ride:
arggg 32, vr jetta.

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to sherwood
keith let me know if u need that jdm trans for the time being...its just sitting in the garage...and with me not having the suby anymore its really not doing anything but taking up space!
__________________
666family
Off Topic MONSTER
.dub cult.
Quote:
But I am sure the exhaust is angled for back pressure to have a faster spool-up for larger size turbochargers @ low RPM
sherwood is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #2109
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Renegade_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NNJ/NYC
Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherwood View Post
keith let me know if u need that jdm trans for the time being...its just sitting in the garage...and with me not having the suby anymore its really not doing anything but taking up space!
What trans is it? You said you have a diff for it too? rear or front?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Renegade_ is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #2110
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore
 
zerioustt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Member #1356

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to zerioustt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I wasnt sure you could help. I was frantic. Thankfully Big Joe has a good head on his shoulders. I just sat and cried all day

Depending on how this all goes, I may put it up for sale. Theres nothing wrong but I just kinda dont feel like replacing the trans again.
how many transmissions have you had?


ive gone through 6, yes count them 6 transmissions. it sucks but when you play hard you pay hard. buying used ones gets old ive learned my lesson, gl with it dude. if you need a hand let me know.


someone scuffed the front of the fit i need to get you to check it out and see if its fixable.
__________________
91 300zxtt, 2 07 honda fits, 08 kawasaki MS/SE, 07 yamaha yfz 450 se

your mom has no thumbs and hitch hikes like this...

Quote:
Yea seriously. Zerioustt is a toolbag.
zerioustt is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #2111
sherwood
Tri-State Post Whore
 
sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NJ
Member #2221

My Ride:
arggg 32, vr jetta.

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to sherwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade_ View Post
What trans is it? You said you have a diff for it too? rear or front?
ver 6 sti trans...the 5 speed 4:11 gear ratio one...and its a rear dif for it.
__________________
666family
Off Topic MONSTER
.dub cult.
Quote:
But I am sure the exhaust is angled for back pressure to have a faster spool-up for larger size turbochargers @ low RPM
sherwood is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #2112
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!
 
S4toSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Narberth, PA
Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
To have AndrewTech do it for you yes it would cost more than the 6mt. But if I keep the car I can slowly and much more cost effectivly build my trans myself.
When did you learn how to assemble transmissions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
To the guy who just bought his WRX, you dont know how much time and money goes into a 6mt its not just a trans, its also rear diff, clutch, pressure plate, TOB, axles, DCCD controller, possibly even the shifter assmb. Its not just as simple as putting in a new tranny. You'll understand when yours goes. They do most of the time. Unless you are Fred and Bryan.
I guess that is because they either know how to drive stick well or drive like girls. It could be a little of both to be honest. However, think about Karl and jamie(orbit) what number trans' are they on? Jamie has run a 13.1(unless he hit 12's finally) and Karl has hit a 12.5 both on stock transmission. Maybe theirs are both super strong... but wait jamie's car is an 02 oh noes such weak gears. Now don't get me wrong its possible jamie has had trouble now about 6 years of drag racing every season with probably over a 1000 launches by now... how long did your trans last again on not launching ever again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Ill know what Im doing with everything soon but as of right now if someone would give me 18k for a tuned stage 4 car then its sold.
I'll give you 7k for it right now as it sits with a broken trans would you take that?

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK

Last edited by S4toSTI; 02-07-2008 at 06:49 PM.
S4toSTI is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #2113
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Easton, PA
Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade_ View Post
Bummer that the **** broke - really, I wouldn't know what the hell I would do if my trans broke right now. Hell, I want to swap my car really bad too and people say, "Just do it...". Yeah, well, where the hell is a student gonna get 3 grand. 6 grand for a full 6 speed is a financial burden for anyone unless your rich.
I dunno what I would do either.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Honest_Bob is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #2114
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Buster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Holland Pa
Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Buster
Seriously Barry, **** you. When did I learn how to build a transmission? why the hell do you care? Its not going to be in the car because I have 2 transmissions now. All im doing is taking something out and putting it back in. you would know what that was like if you didnt just reach into those inherited deep pockets when you want something.

Do Not compare my car to someone elses. You want to call my bluff on how well I can drive? Fine call it. Plenty of people have broken transmissons modded or not, Time attack or highway. When did you become some kind of authority on how well a car should be driven? I certainly wouldnt go on your judgment seeing as how many cars you have broken and crashed. My car was everybit as fast as Jamies on my stock turbo and probably on par with Karls (who even thinks my car could be faster due to better tuning) Are you trying to stir the pot and get the TST hate juices going or something? I dont care how anyone else drives. If I wanted to drive a hyundai I would. I bought a WRX because thats all I could afford with my money. But calling me on my transmisson is bull**** and you know it, Its hit or miss.

Also, it figures you of all people would come at me with some lowballer smacked ass excuse for an offer. My car is worth more than that and you know it. You want to be a dick thats fine, just dont do it to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toSTI View Post
When did you learn how to assemble transmissions?

I guess that is because they either know how to drive stick well or drive like girls. It could be a little of both to be honest. However, think about Karl and jamie(orbit) what number trans' are they on? Jamie has run a 13.1(unless he hit 12's finally) and Karl has hit a 12.5 both on stock transmission. Maybe theirs are both super strong... but wait jamie's car is an 02 oh noes such weak gears. Now don't get me wrong its possible jamie has had trouble now about 6 years of drag racing every season with probably over a 1000 launches by now... how long did your trans last again on not launching ever again?

I'll give you 7k for it right now as it sits with a broken trans would you take that?

__________________
III
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Buster is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #2115
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Buster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Holland Pa
Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Buster
PS the little Green smiley doesnt mean you arent a dick.
__________________
III
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Buster is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #2116
malloyboy1
Tri-State Addict
 
malloyboy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: sellersville, PA
Member #5438

My Ride:
05 subaru wrx

iTrader: (2)
so everyone thats breaking trans' is it mainly from launching? or just breaking in general?
malloyboy1 is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #2117
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!
 
S4toSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Narberth, PA
Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Seriously Barry, **** you. When did I learn how to build a transmission? why the hell do you care? Its not going to be in the car because I have 2 transmissions now. All im doing is taking something out and putting it back in. you would know what that was like if you didnt just reach into those inherited deep pockets when you want something.

Do Not compare my car to someone elses. You want to call my bluff on how well I can drive? Fine call it. Plenty of people have broken transmissons modded or not, Time attack or highway. When did you become some kind of authority on how well a car should be driven? I certainly wouldnt go on your judgment seeing as how many cars you have broken and crashed. My car was everybit as fast as Jamies on my stock turbo and probably on par with Karls (who even thinks my car could be faster due to better tuning) Are you trying to stir the pot and get the TST hate juices going or something? I dont care how anyone else drives. If I wanted to drive a hyundai I would. I bought a WRX because thats all I could afford with my money. But calling me on my transmisson is bull**** and you know it, Its hit or miss.

Also, it figures you of all people would come at me with some lowballer smacked ass excuse for an offer. My car is worth more than that and you know it. You want to be a dick thats fine, just dont do it to me.
Haha ok keith thanks for putting me in line. And inherited deep pockets i don't think so but thanks for the compliment maybe people will think i am rich now or something. I was keeping it you to your car but i guess you had to make it personal since you are obviously jealous of me or something. Well for once on this forum i am gonna shut up and be the bigger person cause your a child and i think we can all see it. Thanks for showing all of us your true bitter colors though that was cute.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
S4toSTI is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #2118
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Buster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Holland Pa
Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Buster
Youre kidding right...

No one is jealous of you, What I am is sick of you acting like you are so goddamn important. Im not the one acting like money isnt an option. You want a pat on the back I'm sure you have friends for that. But you came at me and I'm defending myself.

My comment about Bryan and Fred was based on things that "they" both have discussed with me of the past few years. I never made anything personal you did. Ive been nothing but nice to you always, so how did I deserve that? I never acted any different then ever. And you of all people have no right to come in here of all places and act the way you did. So please you want to call names go ahead. I have a phone.
__________________
III
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Buster is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #2119
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Buster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Holland Pa
Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyboy1 View Post
so everyone thats breaking trans' is it mainly from launching? or just breaking in general?
The tranny will break if you drive it hard, thats all there is to it. I've got 47k on my car. I had my 1-2 gears replaced at 15k when I broke it at the track, theres a few reasons why but #1 was just irresponsibility. Whats broken now seems to be nothing major but not worth the time or money to have repaired. My 3rd and 4th gears seem to possibly be missing teeth. these are original gears. and could have broken because the 16g really shines there. If you go back in my journal you can see there was a bet to see when I was going to break this one. Your may or may not break. Ill be the first to say I drive my car hard. thats what I built it for and when it comes time again Ill have something much stronger in there.
__________________
III
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Buster is offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #2120
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Renegade_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NNJ/NYC
Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyboy1 View Post
so everyone thats breaking trans' is it mainly from launching? or just breaking in general?
Launching would increase the risk, but I have also heard of people punching it in third and it just shredding the teeth off.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Renegade_ is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tallhamer88 Del Sol Member Journal tallhamer88 Member Journals 17 04-02-2009 12:20 PM
ok even though my Supra is for sale might as well make a member journal for it. Elusion Member Journals 16 03-12-2009 08:14 AM
EVO9's Evolution Member Journal evo9 Member Journals 16 03-11-2009 03:52 PM
Member Journal? ozthunder TST Forum Info and Feedback 5 06-02-2008 06:24 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.