|
|
#601 |
|
Tri-State Addict
|
|
|
|
|
|
#602 | |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Blue bell/Ambler ,PA
Member #9456
My Ride: 03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal iTrader: (0)
|
Quote:
__________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures. TST's Dub Cult
|
|
|
|
|
|
#604 |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lincoln University PA
Member #7769
My Ride: 2012 Scion tC iTrader: (0)
|
Well considering he is most likely running on 87 octane or something low, he could be just pinging like a mother****er.
__________________
2012' Scion tC 6-speed M/T. |
|
|
|
|
#606 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
Haha thanks, Nick.
We'll see what they say about the tapping. Hopefully it's just the gas.
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#607 |
|
Tri-State Addict
|
I'm going to say no... It was rhythmic. Wouldn't pinging be random? I think really all bets are off on a brand new engine. If it's still being annoying after a couple hundred miles then maybe something legit is wrong.
|
|
|
|
|
#608 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
Yeah. I told him everything I could about the build, the parts, and my and your guys thoughts. So I'm sure it'll be ok.
He's also going to retorque the head for me which is good. The car is in good hands and I am excited. I'll have it back next week.
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#609 |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Member #989
My Ride: Toyota Celica GT-Two iTrader: (0)
|
1. the car will run, idle, etc... perfectly on 87 octane. the higher octane comes into play once boost is being made. why does that car have **** gas in there in the first place though? last time you drove it it was on the dyno with 93 in it, right?
2. it sounds like you guys must have not installed the head gasket wrong. if those oil passages get blocked, i guess it could lead lack of oil pressure in the head causing the noise? i dont know, id have to hear it for myself. 3. its a BRAND NEW short block. OEM, off the assembly line. Id be 99% that there is nothing wrong with that. However if there is a 1% chance, you do have a 12month 12,000 mile warranty with toyota on it.
__________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures. The accelerator on my toyota has always been stuck to the floor.. To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures. |
|
|
|
|
#610 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
I don't have a way of telling if the head gasket is on wrong because my oil pressure guage does not work (which i'm having them fix). It's a 50% chance that it's upside down/flipped/whatever you wanna call it but I think I'd be having some real bad leaks or problems already. Not only that but I wouldn't have put it on with things not lining up so I am almost positive it's not lack of oil pressure from the head gasket. The car idles perfectly other than that dumb tap lol. Or tick or whatever you wanna call it. As I said, it comes at goes at idle, and when I was moving the distributor around it wad also coming and going with that.
The car did have 93 in it previous to the failure but with ny fuel gauge reading so low I'm not sure how much gas is really in it. We dumped in 87 (wasn't aware of the octane at the time) that mark had in the garage when we were trying to get it to start. That's all I have to say about it at this point. We'll know soon enough.
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
Last edited by DPancoast; 07-16-2009 at 01:25 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#613 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
It won't be $1000
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#614 | |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#615 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
Well yeah I agree, but by a "full day" I didn't mean 8 hours. I just meant like if they work on my car only, it'll be done in one day.
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#617 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
haha thanks man, they're being very flexible with me so it helps.
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#618 |
|
Tri-State Addict
|
Good luck man I want a ride in this to see how it feels compard to my old mk1 mr2
__________________
I love my car but she's a bitch so I ride her hard and put her away wet |
|
|
|
|
#620 | ||
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
Quote:
Sure man, I'll let you take it for a spin. Could also try it at auto-x if you want maybe.
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
||
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Washing your car in the cold | RWDTurbo149 | Exterior, Interior, and Electrical | 44 | 12-19-2010 03:57 AM |
| Ya its that cold! | whitezenki | Off-Topic | 15 | 02-05-2007 09:33 PM |
| DIY Cold Air | Erbe | Engine Performance | 6 | 03-22-2005 09:30 PM |
| my 12.4 on a cold day | evilution | Gallery | 13 | 02-01-2005 05:18 PM |