|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384
My Ride: 2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG iTrader: (0)
|
Oakes - Detailed: 2006 Evolution IX RS - JeffroevoIX
This Evo is a daily driven, track day fun car, as you will be able to see from the photos. This white Evo RS received a full refresh, wheels off as well as removal of it's black pinstripes. The owner was evidently ready to change brake pads again after just 700 miles, and most of the current ones were dusted on to the wheels! Which I later spent close to 35 minutes PER wheel getting clean again, after clay barring the car twice and lifting it onto 6 jack stands. Needless to say, this job took a few days, but left the garage ready to take on a few more road courses.
Process: Menzerna Intensive Polish - orange Menzerna 203 - orange Menzerna PowerFinish - green Optimum Poli-Seal Collinite's No. 845 Insulator wax Evo as it arrived: ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Wheels before ![]() ![]() Wheels After ![]() ![]() Wheel well before/after immediately following. ![]() ![]() Again ![]() ![]() The following pics are of the paint condition after the clay, which I had to perform twice on this Evo ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() As it is very hard to capture defects on camera with White paint, I didn't set up many 50/50 shots, however managed to squeeze a few off the trunk. ![]() ![]() Now for a few corrected paint pics under the same spot lights ![]() ![]() ![]() Reflection shots: ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Finished vehicle: taken at 7am ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Hope you enjoyed the pics! Comments welcome!
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
Last edited by Oakes; 09-13-2009 at 10:15 AM. |
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Williamsport, PA
Member #13212
My Ride: '14 Fiesta ST, 93 Summit Coupe iTrader: (4)
|
well done sir!
very nice swirl/scratch removal. i don't understand how people let their cars get that bad!!! it's painstaking but so worth it.
__________________
'93 4G63T Eagle Summit Coupe | 95 TSi | 99 Spyder Guns, Girls & Cars... To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures. |
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
Wow, I was amazed at how well the wheels turned out. I thought they were powder coated gunmetal, but you proved me wrong until you cleaned them. Nice work.
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384
My Ride: 2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG iTrader: (0)
|
haha, the Mini from hell returns?
Quote:
Honestly, I couldn't recall the finish of the RS wheels since I rarely see them still on an Evo/not powdercoated, so I was surprised myself. Thanks!
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
|
cant wait to finally get my car done.
__________________
WFCrew #231 Form > Function Static > Bagged To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures. ....GO R.I.P. Sherwood "No Home"
|
|
|
| Bookmarks |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Oakes - Detailed: 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX - Black Beauty | Oakes | (Past Vendors) | 15 | 11-12-2009 08:34 AM |
| Oakes - Detailed: 2006 Volkswagen GLi - Airkat | Oakes | (Past Vendors) | 20 | 09-01-2009 08:24 PM |
| Oakes - Detailed: 2006 Evolution IX - 11secdsm - Total Overhaul | Oakes | (Past Vendors) | 31 | 09-01-2009 11:02 AM |
| Oakes - Detailed: 2008 Evolution X - Dealership Hackjob! | Oakes | (Past Vendors) | 16 | 08-13-2009 12:43 PM |
| Oakes - Detailed: 2005 Mitsubishi Evolution - jjm4life | Oakes | (Past Vendors) | 36 | 05-23-2009 11:58 AM |