TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
mccula
Tri-State Training Wheels
 
mccula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Holland (Feasterville Area)
Member #2932

My Ride:
1995 VW Jetta III

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to mccula
How did you guys get your cars?

Financing?
Parents bought them?
Dealing drugs?
I've seen some kids at previous meets with whips way too expensive for themselve's too have bought, unless they financed. In which place, they must have had amazing credit.
Honestly though, how many people here are "sponsored by mom and dad?"

I'll start- I work at wendys. That's why I drive a bone stock 95 jetta. I'm a student too. I bought it straight up with cash from an auction, after I got outa basic training.
mccula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
mg23
Tri-State Addict
 
mg23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Member #6216

My Ride:
2008 Nissan 350z

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to mg23
im 18 with a 2000 si and have been slingin rocks since i was five! jk i have been working 2 jobs for about 2.5 years and i still barely cover insurance cuz its at about $2500 a year. but to buy the car my parents chipped in 2k of the 9k it cost me
mg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore
 
ozthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a modular on campus
Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to ozthunder
I work my ass off every weekend and break, and I take great pride in that.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ozthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
assault187
Tri-State Post Whore
 
assault187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montgomery county
Member #2176

My Ride:
97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST Spyder AWD

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to assault187
I wonder about this ALL the time.....

I work @ H&R Auto radio... I turned 18, got the job, busted my ass and saved up...Bought the car from a freind of mine for $$CASH$$

And I pay with all my mods with the money I make doing "12 Volt side jobs" and some side work doing HVAC w/ my brother
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


World record holder for Quickest and Fastest 1/4 mile Spyder, 4 cylinder vert, 1st in 10's, 2.0L 4G63 Holset record, Modified Mag December 2010, Self built, self tuned.

Last edited by assault187; 01-21-2008 at 09:55 PM.
assault187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

iTrader: (1)
lol

is someone really going to admit to using drug money for buying their car?


mine is financed.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore
 
xEJ20x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
Financed.
I busted my ass for a year and a half to get a good down payment.
__________________
Nothing to see here.
xEJ20x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #7
turbo4g63
Tri-State Post Whore
 
turbo4g63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: near west chester
Member #1057

My Ride:
98' 4runner

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to turbo4g63
i got my car when i was 18 and still in high school for 9k and it had 42,000 miles. i financed mine...obviously being that age i needed a cosigner b/c i had no credit, but i worked my ass off to pay for the car and the nice 2400/yr insurance payment...not to mention the maintainance/gas/etc. that comes with owning a car. i am proud to say i never had to ask anyone for money to pay for my car.


try the search button also...this topic has been covered numerous times
__________________
Bill
If you guys see a possum...try to kill it, it's not a pet!
turbo4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #8
mccula
Tri-State Training Wheels
 
mccula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Holland (Feasterville Area)
Member #2932

My Ride:
1995 VW Jetta III

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to mccula
so far I can believe all the stories here... I want answers from some of the younger people (IE 18-25) who have STIs, R32s, new WRXs or Lancers, Rx8s, etc etc...
also good to see I'm not the only one wondering.
mccula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:31 AM   #9
Chair-Force
Tri-State Addict
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Member #278

My Ride:
yo st8 driftin, b.

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccula View Post
so far I can believe all the stories here... I want answers from some of the younger people (IE 18-25) who have STIs, R32s, new WRXs or Lancers, Rx8s, etc etc...
also good to see I'm not the only one wondering.
You don't have to be rich or have a great paying job to have a decent car. Its about using other people's money (Bank,Lenders,etc) as leverage, building positive credit and saving money. I bought my 02 WRX in 2004 when I was 21 years old and paid it off in about two and a half years. Now 24 years old, I bought my 06 STi in july and just recently sold the WRX. I work fulltime for the my Air National Guard unit and the pay is decent with our allowances included. When I first bought the WRX, I was late on a bunch of monthly loan payments. Not because I didn't have the cash but because I was just young, lazy and stupid. I still "pay" for this mistake today and for the near future. My loan rates are higher and I have a hard time getting things like as simple as a cell phone plan. So don't F yourself over with trying to live beyond your means or just not paying your bills on time.
With that said, I enjoy my cars but I also save money like a mad man. 10-15% of each paycheck goes into investments.
Remember that just because someone has a nice car doesn't mean they are well to do. They could be rolling in a Porsche but living in a rented one bedroom studio in a shatty part of town. People see lesser known rappers/singers with big houses, high-end rides and think that they must be rolling in dough. Reality is that most of those things are owned by their labels and when the artist stops making them money, they boot them from the house and take back the car. Its called fake wealth.
Chair-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:47 PM   #10
lagos
Tri-State Post Whore
 
lagos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Member #989

My Ride:
Toyota Celica GT-Two

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccula View Post
so far I can believe all the stories here... I want answers from some of the younger people (IE 18-25) who have STIs, R32s, new WRXs or Lancers, Rx8s, etc etc...
also good to see I'm not the only one wondering.
they are jewish.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The accelerator on my toyota has always been stuck to the floor..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
lagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:47 AM   #11
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore
 
WhiteXFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langhorne, PA
Member #305

My Ride:
2007 Infiniti G35x, 2008 MB SLK55 AMG

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to WhiteXFire
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagos View Post
they are jewish.
Apparently....
__________________
Just enjoying the ride.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2004 Chrysler Crossfire - Gone
2007 Infiniti G35x Sedan -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
WhiteXFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:47 AM   #12
RSX Type-Slow
Tri-State Post Whore
 
RSX Type-Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: D-town
Member #5868

My Ride:
99' Civic Si

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to RSX Type-Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagos View Post
they are jewish.
bwahhaaa thats funny



i've been working since 14 and have saved a crapload of money. then i bought my first car and became broke. Then i financed the acura and still pay it off with decent APR

good credit FTW
__________________
-Tim

Dropped and swapped Civic Si
RSX Type-Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:56 PM   #13
gary
Tri-State Post Whore
 
gary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northampton, PA
Member #1638

My Ride:
2004 Hyundai Tiburon

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to gary
I have sex for money and all I could buy was a Hyundai
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #14
italianblaze
Tri-State Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Warminster
Member #2973

My Ride:
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew XLT 5.4

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to italianblaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiZiN View Post
I have sex for money and all I could buy was a Hyundai
same all i could get was this camaro
and i worked double sex shifts for 5 years!
__________________
2007 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 5,4L XLT

91 Laser Rs-T Build - on the back burner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
italianblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #15
Drftpretty
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Drftpretty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Allentown Pa
Member #1994

My Ride:
98, Audi A4, 88 Rx7, 89 Vert, 71 Muscle, 96 Jeep, 75 Honda CB500T

iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiZiN View Post
I have sex for money and all I could buy was a Hyundai
Gary does have sex for money because I have to tape it and post in on TSTonall4s.com to pay for my toys.

Seperately, my cars all cheap. Combine the insurance on a 71 Road runner, 96 Jeep, 96 VW, 75 Motorcycle, and a 88 mazda Rx7. Thats why I only insure 2 at a time

I would much rather have a vehicle to suit my mood than a single vehicle I have to baby.

And yes, I work hard for my OWN toys. Took a loan on one car before, Ill never do that again.

For the record, I have two years of on time car payments on my credit score and was just denied a Kohls credit card. Never made a bad credit decision, I pay with cash always. I dont want to hear how anyone under 20 has good enough credit to buy a new car in their own name. Or I might vomit.
__________________
Quote:
This thread is full of win. Two things I didn't realize:
1. How many of my peers have guns.
2. How many of my peers carry guns.

Last edited by Drftpretty; 03-02-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Drftpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:56 PM   #16
Kerplunk105
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Kerplunk105's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Langhorne, PA
Member #1967

My Ride:
2007 Subaru Impreza

iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to Kerplunk105
Drug money.
__________________
~Elizabeth~
Kerplunk105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:59 PM   #17
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore
 
ozthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a modular on campus
Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to ozthunder
Dude, I have a GTO. I got it b/c I found it at a steal..I traded in a 350Z since I just could not afford it. 399$ a month for a POS? Forget that!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ozthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #18
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore
 
zerioustt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Member #1356

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to zerioustt
i paid 10k cash for my z

financing my fit



this is just going to bring out the crybabies..."i cant believe that your parents bought you a car!!!"
__________________
91 300zxtt, 2 07 honda fits, 08 kawasaki MS/SE, 07 yamaha yfz 450 se

your mom has no thumbs and hitch hikes like this...

Quote:
Yea seriously. Zerioustt is a toolbag.
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #19
mccula
Tri-State Training Wheels
 
mccula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Holland (Feasterville Area)
Member #2932

My Ride:
1995 VW Jetta III

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to mccula
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerioustt View Post
i paid 10k cash for my z

financing my fit



this is just going to bring out the crybabies..."i cant believe that your parents bought you a car!!!"
yeah, it probably will. I don't know, I'm glad on one hand that my parents never did buy me any sweet cars. They gave me a volvo 240 dl with an auto trans lol. That's why I bought the jetta.
It does kinda suck living in my area though because holland/newtown/richboro is so full of kids driving m3s, sti's, evos, etc.. it sucks having a slower car than someone who didn't pay a dime for their whip. But w/e. I've been working full time since I was 17, while juggaling school, now I'm 19 and eventually I'll see the fruits of my labor...
mccula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #20
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore
 
zerioustt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Member #1356

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to zerioustt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccula View Post
yeah, it probably will. I don't know, I'm glad on one hand that my parents never did buy me any sweet cars. They gave me a volvo 240 dl with an auto trans lol. That's why I bought the jetta.
It does kinda suck living in my area though because holland/newtown/richboro is so full of kids driving m3s, sti's, evos, etc.. it sucks having a slower car than someone who didn't pay a dime for their whip. But w/e. I've been working full time since I was 17, while juggaling school, now I'm 19 and eventually I'll see the fruits of my labor...
you cant fault kids for having parents that are well off and buy their children a car. im sure every kid would have the car they want if their parents can afford it. i for one dont care as long as theyre not douchebuckets about it.
__________________
91 300zxtt, 2 07 honda fits, 08 kawasaki MS/SE, 07 yamaha yfz 450 se

your mom has no thumbs and hitch hikes like this...

Quote:
Yea seriously. Zerioustt is a toolbag.
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You guys ever burn yourself out on working on cars? 240sxDann General Car Related Chat 30 11-27-2008 02:30 PM
How often do you guys think about selling your cars for something else? GOULET General Car Related Chat 64 08-30-2008 10:19 AM
For all you guys who have had your cars broken into.... PotenzaSub Off-Topic 7 02-21-2007 11:48 PM
All you young guys with sports cars what your INS Cypher General Car Related Chat 20 10-12-2006 11:56 AM
So..Where do you guys get the money for your cars? Omega SE General Car Related Chat 46 12-10-2005 11:30 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.