TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2007, 08:38 PM   #1
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Scapegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: stop looking at my gold
Member #1208

 
iTrader: (1)
Finally got my computer set up...

Broke my 17" flat screen about a year ago...

Finally got a new monitor. 20" LCD widescreen from Westinghouse... beautiful monitor, almost too big. I don't know how people can have more than one of these things set up.

Running dual boot with the latest Ubuntu for programming and general computer usage, and windows XP for games.

This **** is awesome... 20" widescreen!!!
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore
 
grimm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member #3058

 
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to grimm
I run dual display 21" and still don't have enough desktop space for everything i do... I HATE tabbing thru windows and having to scroll down timelines to see it all
but none the less good stuff!!
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado
 
Z3R0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Carneys Point, NJ
Member #5129

My Ride:
2002.5 Volkswagen Jetta GLS

iTrader: (0)
Folders are the key...shortcuts == lazyness.
__________________
Quote:
R.I.P. 1997 Monte Carlo...Got hit by a HUMMER...nuff said
Z3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!
 
james_ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Warrington
Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to james_ls
Awww no pictures of these insane setups?
__________________
Heller Dope - When the **** is doper than Hellen Keller; it's Heller Dope

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BUY MY STUFF!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Intercooled T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Fairless Hills, PA
Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

iTrader: (0)
I can't see the pics (if you posted them), but is it a 20" widescreen? That's why I have too (Acer 20" Widescreen) and its HUGE. I know what you mean with running duals....I don't know how people fit 'em either lol
__________________
2003 Toyota Rav4, 2.0L/Auto/AWD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2013 Nissan Juke, 1.6T/Auto/FWD (wife's car lol
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
)
Intercooled T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #6
Vertabreaker
Tri-State Training Wheels
 
Vertabreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dirty Jersey
Member #4775

My Ride:
05 Audi A4 1.8T

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Vertabreaker Send a message via MSN to Vertabreaker Send a message via Yahoo to Vertabreaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm View Post
I run dual display 21" and still don't have enough desktop space for everything i do... I HATE tabbing thru windows and having to scroll down timelines to see it all
but none the less good stuff!!
I hear ya. I have dual 21inchers also and I wish I had gone bigger hahaha. can never have too much space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ls
Awww no pictures of these insane setups?
I'll try and get some pics of mine up when I get home(monitors and actual desktop pics).
__________________
If you don't like my driving, get off the sidewalk


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Vertabreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:49 PM   #7
Kiel
Tri-State Aficionado
 
Kiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Morton, PA
Member #5456

My Ride:
2003 WRX - Sonic Yellow

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Kiel
My friend runs a 24" Dell widescreen and a 21" CRT.

I've only got my incredibly hot 21" CRT myself. That thing puts out enough heat to cook bacon.
Kiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:37 PM   #8
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Scapegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: stop looking at my gold
Member #1208

 
iTrader: (1)
I'll post pics tonight. My only beef with the monitor is the 650:1 contrast. I could def see the difference between the 800:1 contract of the Envision 19" widescreen that cost $220 vs the westinghouse which still looks insanely good at only $189.

I do some web work and image editing, 650:1 contrast is just fine, lol.

The next thing I need to buy is a new power supply.... lol, if I turn off the powerstrip it takes about 20 tries with the power button on the computer to turn it on oh, and another GB of ram...
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #9
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Scapegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: stop looking at my gold
Member #1208

 
iTrader: (1)
here's the monitor, one with a basic CD-R for size comparison

Last edited by Scapegoat; 04-27-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:11 PM   #10
Bizee
Tri-State Addict
 
Bizee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Philly
Member #210

 
iTrader: (0)
i run a 61" and also but HARDLY EVER turn it on for my main pc a dell 24"

no such thing as too big.
__________________
I love being blown :-)
Bizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:19 PM   #11
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Member #303

 
iTrader: (0)
Your monitor looks like my 20" Samsung. I doesn't really look like it is a widescreen monitor though. It might just be the picture?

How's the picture at different angles? I have a Dell 2405FPW and a Samsung 204B (20"). The Samsung has a crappy Twisted Pneumatic panel that is only good at certain angles. The Dell has a PVA panel which I am very happy with.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"The Corvette took nearly 25 years to sell 500,000 units; the Z does it in fewer than 10."
cburwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:19 PM   #12
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Scapegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: stop looking at my gold
Member #1208

 
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cburwell View Post
Your monitor looks like my 20" Samsung. I doesn't really look like it is a widescreen monitor though. It might just be the picture?

How's the picture at different angles? I have a Dell 2405FPW and a Samsung 204B (20"). The Samsung has a crappy Twisted Pneumatic panel that is only good at certain angles. The Dell has a PVA panel which I am very happy with.
Its def widescreen. Resolution is 1280 x 1024. The screen is fine from different angles, no issues with blacking out. Not that I'd have a reason to look at it from any odd angle...
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer Help MPowerKai Off-Topic 1 10-22-2007 09:56 PM
computer help CleanNeon98 Off-Topic 22 01-09-2007 03:47 PM
Computer Gurus-- why is my computer beeping at me (like a warning system)? TROLL Off-Topic 23 08-04-2006 01:30 AM
my new computer toy. Bizee Off-Topic 5 03-04-2006 06:49 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.