View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 10:03 PM   #946
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Parted/sent another car off to the yard to make some room.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

Much better

So, if you have ever spent more than 30 seconds in a build thread of mine, you are aware of my debilitating habit of taking on new projects for no reason that effectively completely distract me from the other missions at hand. I have done it again.

I purchased the track car because it was claimed to have a nice set of GCs and a slew of other good parts. I couldn't get the rear GC adjusters off of the TAs and noticed it had eccentric TA bushings and new powerflex subframe bushings, which led me to swap the entire subframe assembly (incl small case s4.1) into hoopte just to get the rear coils, further justified by the fact that I had a new old stock ANSA catback to replace the rotted one, so I had to "drop the exhaust anyway". I then noticed the rear axles were non-abs so i had to swap those out, rebuild ebrake assemblies, etc etc. Getting the d/s on the diff was a huge pain, and ended up converting the diff to studs and macgyver-ing it in the subframe whilst lining up d/s studs so I didn't have to collapse the d/s.

It was at this point that I realized I shouldn't have done any of this and should've left hoopte well enough alone that I wanted to just pull the front GCs off of the track car and toss them on hoopte and be done, so I went to do so and found out that the "nice GCs" were trash heaps built on 45mm non-abs strut housings and needed to be totally redone. So now hoopte is low in the back and high in the front, the brakes won't bleed right, and the other 95 projects that I have are left untouched as usual. If I said "lesson learned", I'd just be lying.

Pulling a subframe in the rain was super fun:

ABS axles courtesy of mjweimer's old stuff he donated.

Almost there:

Lowrider. I adjusted it 6 turns up from this height and may still go higher once I see how front clearance is after I finish rebuilding the front coils on 51mm housings.
​​​​​​​

blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote