View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 11:33 PM   #966
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Jake (ClassicDaily) bought a truck in Texas over the weekend. His plan was to drive it up to Indy, hang and get the 318 hoopty running, and then take Linda up to MI.

A buddy locally had an e21 he was looking to offload due to a move, and the trailer was already rented for Linda, so Jake picked up the E21, and driving back figured out that he had driven the truck 900+ miles only making 5-25psi of oil pressure. At stop lights the "low oil pressure" warning ding would activate, even though the gauge showed 40psi on the cluster. Some gnarly top end noises later we confirmed [lack of] oil pressure with a laptop and realized that the seller moved the needle so "0" was "40"psi and let him set off on an 18 hour journey with the truck. The motor is salvageable, but it needs an oil pump.

This changed plans a bit, so we dropped the e21 off at my warehosue, and I lent Jake my Xterra to head back up to MI so he didn't have to rent a $450 one way uhaul to get home.

TLDR: Linda is at the ClassicDaily HQ getting finished off!

-She's getting rust repaired: small spot on drivers fender, small spot at battery box. Some clear failure redone, a rocker dent removed, rockers repainted, few dents removed, trim shadowlined, etc
-Dyno tune: this involves fabricating an intake pipe to remove AFM, finally, and getting a proper TPS set up so it's not just running on manifold pressure
-Cruise control bracket fabbed
-A/C conversion finished off with Sanden Compressor and custom lines

This should bring the car to the next level to get it ready for sale! With cruise, cold a/c, and dyno numbers I think the car will do well, and will help me thin the herd. It's a sad day, but I did what I wanted to do with the car and have found that the hoopty style builds suit me much better than the nice cars that I build and have trouble enjoying. End goal is M3 and hoopty in the stable. Hoping to get there sooner than later, but you all know how that goes by this point, lol.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
​​​​​​​Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote