View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
hulkster
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #17724

My Ride:
01gtscelica04350z05gsxr600

i bought the vinyl at UScutters.com.5ft x 75ft was $550 i think.i practiced on smaller curved objects before i started. plus i bought a video series of a pro wrapper and picked up some pointers.i think most people could do this.just need lots of patience. i had to do roof twice,door twice. i spent like an hour or more only to tear something at the end and have to start over.the biggest thing is cleanliness. a spec of dirt will look 5x bigger under the vinyl.i didnt have any one helping me so used magnets to hold the vinyl against the car and i put a hair drier under and through my shirt so i was able to work with both hands as it blew out hot air.think the vinyl is rated at 7 years or so but most likely be 5 years with all the elements outside.ive heard many things on removal. if the paint is in bad shape already it will or can pull it off. ive pulled off vinyl after it being on a few weeks with no problems.it wont be on road until the spring and i will have extra left over in case of it getting damaged or what not.
hulkster is offline   Reply With Quote