View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #22
c7scayman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9644

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneday View Post
c7, what group were you there with that let you (a completely new driver) out with no instructor?

Was there no passing allowed anywhere?

Do you want critique?
No passing was allowed. I was with the novice group. My first session I had no instructor for 10 minutes, then the instructor joined me for the last 10 minutes of the session. Also, the first session did not require helmets since we were just learning the track and the pace car was keeping it slow.

In the second session(video), I went by myself since the instructor said I was doing well and he had his hands full trying to instruct this one lady to drive faster. She was driving too slow causing traffic.

I was invited to the event by the instructor, who is also my co-worker. I think the event was run by NJMP themselves.

In the middle of each session, we pulled in the pits for 2 minutes just to let the instructors go into different cars. I actually did not do much driving in the 3rd and 4th sessions because I was feeling motion sickness.

Go ahead and critique me. I know I was not close enough to the apex. The instructor kept telling me to hit the apex. And I braked too early in many areas. And I let off the gas whenever I got close to the Audi.
13 MK6 GTI 2020 - Current
c7scayman is offline   Reply With Quote