Old 07-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #11
Nick 95 6sp
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3675

My Ride:
'95 Supra Turbo 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dek0021 View Post
You must have been flat out to be worried about turn 14 of all turns. Watching people do it from the bridge, it just looks like part of the straight but driving it it's actually a turn...a turn that can cause you to go off of you do it wrong.

Aside from needing to be faster all over that track, I need to be much faster around turn 10. I rode with a few people with both awd and rwd, and both had the rearend out the whole way around.

Edit: btw nick 95 6sp's avatar looks like the same chicane as in my avatar!
I have to believe the best way to take 14 is to cut it very tight on the right, so tight that you pretty much have to drive over the rubble strip/edge on that side. If you don't do that it leaves you to make more of a correction to straighten out as you enter the main straight and I've seen more than a couple guys spin when doing that, even hitting the barrier on the left of the main straight! When I was at the first ever track day on Thunderbolt a guy totalled out his almost new Corvette doing that.

As far as #10, last time I was there earlier this year a guy driving some kind of hot Porsche racecar, not sure if it was a Cup car or some other Grand Am variety but it was a full blown racecar, said he was flat out and upshifting as he accelerated through turn 10! ...my car wont' do that!
Nick 95 6sp is offline   Reply With Quote