View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #14
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1745

My Ride:
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs

Send a message via AIM to Supraru
Well went to put the gears in the case and I was having rubbing issues. My friend while trying to get at least my spare trans built so I had something to drive again noticed the wrx washer (I think on the main shaft) was thinner then the legacy gt washer. So looks like I'm gonna have to order that and my clearance problem will be gone. Also I only had reverse once the case was back together. I'm hoping that little bit it was off fixes that too. The pinion side shifts totally fine out of the case and the shifting with the pinion out on the trans shifted fine.

The worst part about it was the lack of time we had towards the end of the day. We only had two hours once we realized we should just take our time to figure out what's up with the lgt trans and just swap that in with my sti engine when it's ready to go in. We tried hustling to get it done and realized the 3-4 on the 02 wrx was different then on the 03 trans. On the 03 there is a little more of a built in spacer into the 3-4 gear. Could have had the case back together if I didn't leave my 3-4 gear set for the 03-04 wrx at home. Never thought I was going to be fixing my back up trans so never thought of grabbing it. Now the car sits at work. I'll be going in at 4 am on monday to at least get things together and hopefully the top half of the box together. Then gotta clean my disaster area of a bay up and push my car out.

First time I had to tow a car. Situation sucked but it was kinda fun. At least my car wasn't sitting in the city in my buddies garage anymore. I missed it.