View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #15
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
It probably isnt the best amp in the world, but as long as its installed and tuned properly I dont see a problem with using it. If anything it probably just dosent put out as much power as it says it does. Even still its got plenty more juice than any aftermarket head unit. Its deffinitly a step up from being unamped. Go for it!

Your deffinitly gonna want some aftermarket speakers. Personally I would go with a really nice set of fronts and skip the backs maybe even take the rears out if you dont have passengers to often. I'm assuming you have a head unit with a set of preouts. An amp installation kit is going to be needed. If you plan on putting a sub in the car I would just go straight for a 0 gauge kit so you have room to grow in the future. When you get the second amp for the sub just pickup a set of distribution blocks and your done. No ripping out old power wire and running new.

Your probably gonna want to keep the gains on the amp set to minimal as to not blow the speakers. In my old setup I turned the gains down low enough as to make it impossible to get distortion even on the highest volume setting on the head unit. Keeps people that may borrow your car from blowing the hell out of your speakers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Honest_Bob; 01-01-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote