View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #7822
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Well the rifle is done. Got a Geissele SSA-E trigger but was not installed for this target. 10 shots all on the 8" target shooting from a rifle rest with my friend's handloads using Hornady soft points (which I dont care for because they get boogered up and I'm sure it changes how they fly)

Here's the rifle

Anyone here play with Kalashnikov rifles? I have an old WASR 10-63 that I am putting a nice new Magpul Zhukov stock set on. While the front is all apart we're going to make sure the gas tube and the front sight post are aligned correctly, since I think I am a bit canted on the front post. I am not expecting AR like accuracy from it, especially with the cheap wolf crap I shoot with it, but hits on a torso sized target out to 200/300 yards would be nice to attain and the rifle should be capable. I will do groups at 50 and 100 yards and see if it's worth investing in an optic for it, or if it's not worthy of going past 100 accurately.

Any experiences? Optic mounts? Scopes? I'm considering the UltiMAK rail and a Primary Arms 2MOA red dot to co-witness with the front iron post and the rear Tech-Sight I have.