View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 01:23 PM   #987
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

6mo update. I am working diligently towards a clear palate after a couple years of ridiculousness.

Went to buy a cylinder head and ended up buying out two attics of parts and a car

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

Got a '91 318 slicktop running that I bought ages ago and forgot about. The guy called me and said "hey man do you still want this car". I was like oh crap, totally forgot I paid you for this thing, rented a trailer and drove to WV to pick it up the next day.
He installed a refreshed M42 engine but it was his first big mechanical endeavor and he couldn't get it to run. Said it would start and die.

After some fun electrical diagnosis we found that the fuel pump wiring was shorted inside the fuel tank causing fuse to blow. Fuel pump return line wasn't hooked up at all, dumping fuel on top of the tank, plug wires in the totally wrong order... it was an ounce of bad luck away from burning down.

Need to sell it once I button it up.

Bought an '89 325i 4dr for parts and realized it wasn't that rusty, so I got it running, ripped it around the parking lot, and then realized I'm an idiot and parted it out.

Got the Lady's outback engine done and immediately drove it to Colorado

Bought a turbo'd '91 318iS that is suuuuper rust free, that now has a deposit on it, to be picked up soon.

Bought an '86 325e 4dr with an s50 swap that I've been making nice again, need to sell once I button it up. Removed race car parts, converted suspension to street used (H&R/Billys), added power steering, etc. This thing is oozing in early 2000s style.

Made my annual visit home over the holidays to see the garage queen in the flesh

Converted the hoopty rear suframe from poly to rubber since she's a cruiser. Also discovered a ton of rust and body damage that I ground down and painted over because-hoopty. This car needs some chassis stiffening stuff, so I am figuring that out. Need to swap the motor in it before "The Vintage" even in NC this May.

This black '91 318 has been a thorn in my side. This car was supposed to be done in a weekend and it took years due to it needing a chassis harness, engine, suspension refresh, etc. I finally got it on the road, and it had a terrible clutch noise that required the trans to be pulled, engine leaked etc. So I worked out with a buddy to accept his 318Ti in a trade plus some cash from him to finally get the car gone once and for all. 318Ti is for sale and will hopefully be gone soon.

blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote