Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:
2007 Infiniti G35x, 2008 MB SLK55 AMG

Send a message via AIM to WhiteXFire
NJ Point System, Suspensions, Out of State Tickets

PENALTIES AND FINES
http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Violations/penalties.htm

Driving is a privilege, not a right. If you break traffic laws, your driving privileges could be suspended or revoked resulting in fines and even imprisonment. The seriousness of your violations - and resulting penalties - are tracked by MVC using a point system.

If you are convicted of a moving violation, MVC will penalize you by adding points to your driving record. You will only get points on your record for moving violations - points are not assessed for parking and other violations. A table is provided for more information on the number of points earned for specific violations.

NJSA Point Schedule
http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Violation...ntSchedule.htm

How do points affect you?
  • If you get six or more points within three years on your current driving record, you will be assessed a surcharge
  • If you get 12 or more points on your current driving record, your license will be suspended. You will receive a notice of scheduled suspension by mail
  • Getting points on your license may also increase your insurance rates. Contact your insurance agent for details

How can I get rid of points on my record?
Although MVC keeps a permanent record of all the points you've earned, it is possible to earn point deductions by remaining violation and suspension-free for one year or by taking qualified driving courses approved by MVC.

Note: Your insurance company might not factor these deductions into your insurance rate.

Deduction - Points - Restrictions
One year with no violations or suspensions, -3 (Year begins on posted date of violation).
Defensive Driving Program, -2 (May be used to subtract points once every five years).
Driver Improvement Program, -3 (May be used to subtract points once every two years).
Probationary Driver Program, -3

Last edited by WhiteXFire; 06-23-2006 at 06:09 AM.
WhiteXFire is offline   Reply With Quote