View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 08:39 PM   #971
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Ever since I got into E30s I have wanted to attend the Vintage, a giant vintage BMW event in Hot Springs/Asheville, NC. This year I finally get to go, but it snuck up quick, so I am doing last minute prep for the drive down to NC on hoopty, the patina ****box 325iS.

I put a new Graf water pump on it as the Febi unit I used initially leaked, and got all of that buttoned up. I found a rough but waaaay better valence at the warehouse, so I threw that on. The drivers side bumper shock needs to be replaced, but hoopty doesn't deserve it. It is way better than before, IMO. The drivers side headlight was held on by zip ties and the bracket was broken in several different places, among a bunch of other hillbilly fixin's that I reversed to the best of my abilities.

Got an r134 conversion coming, but that stuff won't be ready for vintage. Pulling dash tonight/tomorrow to replace HVAC box and get the rest of the grossness out of the interior. When dash is out I will be replacing expansion valve and adding HNBR orings, and will also be installing a Lukbox and sound system I bought from a generous r3ver from Ohio. I suspect the cruise is inop due to rat infested cruise module, so am going to replace that as well. Would be quite nice to have cruise on my way down to NC.

Finally installed the roof rack as well!

As always, I love this thing.

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr[/QUOTE]
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote