View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #14
coltsicehockey
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4010

My Ride:
2004 Acura TSX

Stage III

J's Racing 60RS Exhaust, J's Racing Intake, J's Racing Strut Bar, Racing Brake 2pc Front Rotors, Racing Brake Slotted Rear Rotors, Racing Brake Stainless Steel Brake Lines, and a new euro r front lip. More coming soon, so stay tuned. So no more words and just pictures.

17in lift kit

Sweet Closeups of J's Exhaust

Damn those are some sexy welds

Did some more installs yesterday. Worked on the intake and the strut bar. The intake wasn't that hard so far but I wasn't able to install the entire thing because for some reason it didn't come with all the neccessary screws. Luckily I was able to come up with some screws that works and get all the parts installed that involved removed the bumper. The strut bar mount on the drivers side was easy to put on however the passenger side was not so easy. You had to unscrew both AC line mounting bracket screws so you could pull the lines up and to the back of the engine bay as far as possible just to be able to spend about 5 minutes wiggling the bracket through the small whole to get it on. Unfortunately I had to do this twice cause in the process of being annoyed by how hard it was to install I forgot to remove the strut tower bolts the first time. You had to install the brackets first and the bar seperate for this strut bar as well. One bolt must go one direction and one must go the other to mount the bar to the brackets and actually have room to tighten the bolts.

So here are pics of both installs. Lots more of the strut tower to try and show how tight the fit is. Also the reason there is blue tape on the strut bar is because I didn't want to scratch it during install.

Air block off plate that fits perfectly around the subframe to keep air from entering the engine bay from the intake side other than through the whole up to the filter.

Air directional plate from center air dam with sweet allen head bolts I bought since it didn't come with any.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
coltsicehockey is offline   Reply With Quote