View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #8
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Some Sunday fun cleaning her up a bit more and going over the car.

The benefits of purchasing a car from the PNW:

Rear upper strut mounts are minty. Struts, on the other hand, not so hot.

How a battery box should actually look (kind of blew me away).

Was excited to see that someone just did brakes and rotors, and then I saw it was done at the dealer on the Carfax

A little K&N action. Was nice to see a brand new OEM filter in there, though. This car was maintained well, and it shows everywhere.

Spent literally four hours cleaning years of brake dust off of these wheels. There is hardly any paint left on them anyway. More reason to get 6ULs.

Before:

After:

SO, now that I'm digging into the car more, I'm getting a better idea of what needs to be done.

-I found the timing belt sticker, and it was last done in 2004, but only has about 20K on the belt. Needless to say, I have a Gates tbelt and OEM components waiting to go on once I find the time. Cap, rotor, plugs, water pump, tensioner, etc, y'all know the drill.
-I have a spare rear subframe and trailing arms that I'm building, welding in a camber/toe kit, trailing arm bushings, rwd subframe bushings, etc. Going to drop that in and do a diff bushing as well, NOT delrin this time around, I learned my lesson last time.
-The shift linkage needs to be refreshed badly, so I ordered all of those bushings along with a Z3 1.9 setup. Going to try and find an old wood shift knob to compliment the grey interior.
-Need to get some fresh E82 floor mats.
-Purchased a set of 205/55r15 Dunlop DZ102s since Tire Rack had a sale and these tires are dry rotted.
-I will not be building another set of Ground Controls just yet. I'm going to roll around on Billy's/H&Rs for a few years and slowly put together coils.
-It needs a catback. I'm going with the Magnaflow unit.
-Door hinge on the drivers door is sunk into the door. I need to remedy that.
-Passenger Window Motor is shot.
-Hood shock is blown
-New clips for behind the pop outs

Seems like a lot, but really isn't too bad. Once all of that stuff is taken care of and the engine bay is cleaned up, I'm going to start prepping the car for paint!

Until next time!

List of everything purchased so far (these things add up fast):

Euro Grills
M50 Injectors
SSSquid Chip (Stg1)
K&N Drop In
173 ECU
OEM Plugs, Cap, Rotor
Gates Timing Belt
OEM Tensioner
OEM Water Pump and Tstat
OEM Belts
M3 Offset CABs
Z3 1.9 Shifter
E82 Floor Mats
Leather Shift Boot
IE Rear Upper Strut Mounts
IE TA Bushings (street)
IE RWD Subframe Bushings (street)
IE Diff bushing (street)
H&Rs
Bilstein HDs
Dunlop Direzza DZ102s 205/55r15
Garagistic Shift Bushings
ZHP Weighted Knob

Next up:

Magnaflow Catback - $550
IE Long Tubes $620
IE 272 Cam $275
HD Rockers $300
RHD ITBs $1400

Last edited by blue91lx; 09-14-2014 at 09:50 PM.
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote