View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Slowly but Surely- 325iX, 325iS, and E30M3 resurrection

I like naming my vehicles after women, specifically those who leave a mark of upstanding character.

Heidi is a cool chic, west coast born and raised, with a clear vision and desire for adventure, but treads with caution and logic; self aware and optimistically realistic.

1988 BMW 325iX

Amidst my last iX build, I started to realize the importance of finding a solid shell to build off of, so, I cut my losses where I was at, sold the red car, and found this gal hiding in eastern Washington. The car is rust free (why I bought it), and was dealer maintained. Not a single light on inside, AC blows cold, clean carfax, etc. The entire car is sound, and I feel it will prove to be a great starting point.

I tend to go overboard with cars, so this time my plans are simple. Clean, aesthetically pleasing OEM+ look, with similar drivetrain aspirations. Suspension refresh, top end refresh, and subtle bolt on mods. Once the gents on this site find an effective solution to tuning ITBs, they're definitely in order. S54 swap in the far future, but for now, the goal is to refresh and enjoy the car.

Now, onto the pictures.

Fresh off the truck- I have some cleaning to do.

And after a quick wash, no wax.

First mod- Euro Grills. The car had headlight covers it's whole life, so the lenses are mint underneath.

And, that's where I left off. Tons more to come; I've been stockpiling parts :p.

Last edited by blue91lx; 05-04-2017 at 08:19 PM.
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote