View Single Post
Old 04-18-2023, 09:33 PM   #993
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Progress

Now that the three 318s are gone I could bring hoopty in for vintage prep.

If you remember from before, hoopty has had a blown head gasket since I got the car, but I put over 5k miles on this thing and it ran better than any other m20 i've had, with a HG leak. long live the m20.

I yanked the engine/trans, as I built a 9.4:1 compression 2.7L stroker M20 for the car that I'm going to swap in before the vintage. I'll be running a 272 cam with this setup, along with ClassicDaily's new standalone, which will be announced tomorrow!!

The engine consists of:

-virgin late model m20b25 block/pistons, new Goetze rings
-block shaved down 2mm
-81mm 2.7 325e crank
-130mm 2.7 325e rods
-new rod bearings/bolts
-rebuilt oil pump, etc etc
-rebuilt 885 head w 272 cam

I'm going to go up to jakes and throw it on his dyno with stock ecu, and then convert it to standalone and dyno again. I'm just running a stock exhaust, as I spent a ton of exhaust work on Linda and I'm not convinced it made a difference to justify the cost.

This car is seriously a piece of ****. I am likely going to have a quarter put on it over winter, but will enjoy it until then.

Oh, and I bought everything to go sanden r134 from LC Wylie, so I'll be doing that while the motor is out.

Hoopty did 5k miles with a broken head bolt, and another head bolt that was finger tight!!!! Still can't believe it

​​​​​​​Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote