View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 04:24 PM   #13
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Some updates (with photos) since the last time I posted about this car.

- Within a week, my wife scratched up the freshly refinished wheel on the rear passenger side This gets repaired May 4th ($150).

- I added wireless CarPlay with the same unit that works great in the VW. In the RR, it doesn't work as great. Might be best to stick with a cable on this system.

- I replaced the bright finish plastic paddles with aluminum ones from the accessories catalog.

- Replaced the faded Sport logo with a new one from Ali Express for $5.

- Added a tray to the center console so we could store sunglasses, etc.

- I added the rear hatch cover that was missing from the car with one off ebay for $160. Brand new, $550 which I wasn't going to pay.

- I had the brakes bled a bit to help with a spongy and weak brake pedal. It helped by about 30%. I think the system needs a full bleed the old fashioned way... will tackle when the front brakes get replaced.

- I cracked the driver's rear taillight when i pulled out the trash can in my garage and tried to wedge it past the RR. It popped the plastic so I ordered a fresh pair of the 2018+ refresh taillights. Looks a million times better now. (I didn't do this on purpose!)

- We've put about 3k miles on it so far. MPG is 16-19 depending on how much I drive it in city. Highway is 21-23mpg or so. It goes roughly 450 miles to the tank so it lasts a couple weeks with our WFH schedule.

- I replaced the passenger and rear wiper blades. The driver wiper blade is on global backorder and can't be found. The attachment point is from a 1990 mitsubishi and isn't something I can get from Autozone or Amazon (already tried). Weird.

- Already covered the new lloyds mats. They're wearing in really well.

Photo dump incoming. I really love driving this around... it's fun to drive it in offroad mode over the craters in the road here and there is next to zero road noise of any kind. It's a tank.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/

Last edited by DaveSTi; 04-27-2022 at 04:27 PM.
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote