View Single Post
Old 12-20-2021, 04:38 PM   #11
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
The car is just... wow. VERY good. The power difference vs the first gen is stark, haha. I drove it back to back vs my buddy's FR-S that has a header & tune and coilovers and such. It's really interesting that the new car feels nearly as stiff but just more comfy. Interior changes are huge and generally fantastic while some are a little, uh, odd. It just feels like a really premium experience. Still a cheap car with some of the materials choices but I'm thrilled. Lower seat has more bolstering than before while the upper seat just seems slightly more aggressive in how it pushes on my shoulders/upper back. Not uncomfortable, just different. Rear seats seem even less useful than before for adults, somehow. Trunk opening is narrower or something. I want STI/Group N motor mounts again, the stock mounts are soft and fairly pathetic yet again.

Fuel economy seems pretty darn good so far, though the cluster seems very pessimistic, haha.

Compared to the RX-8 it's night and day. The RX-8 is super fun, but definitely a much older car. It feels like a different decade even vs the first gen twin, which makes sense for when they were developed. The RX-8 is faster than my buddy's first gen twin, but slower than the new twin by a lot. RX-8 just feels a lot more aggressive, but in good ways.

DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote