View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 04:45 PM   #1
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Range Rover Sport -- My garage is now FULL

Back in July, with my wife and I still WFH and not going anywhere with a newborn, we sold her 2015 Jeep Cherokee to take advantage of the equity on the loan vs. the used car market prices.

We saved the cash, put it into some options and crypto and with life slowly returning to near normal, we started shopping again for another SUV.

The Golf R was great in the interim, handling baby duties without any issues, but longer trips it was getting a little cramped to do all of that and bring our dog.

Since the R isn't going anywhere, this meant we needed a 2nd vehicle again.

I always hated the Jeep Cherokee...the build quality is ****, the ride is ****, the materials are ****....so I was happy it was gone. This time my wife let me pick out our new SUV instead.

This resulted in test drives of the Audi SQ5, BMX X3 M40i and Porsche Macan S.
There was just one contender that kept me looking back at it whenever I saw used car ads though, and it was the Range Rover Sport.

Finding a Range Rover Sport with the desirable Dynamic Package in a color mix that wasn't too out there, had depreciated enough, wasn't too old or too many miles in this used car climate was a little difficult, however I found one at Car Max. Low miles (33k), Good year (2017 - CarPlay), Good color combo (black on black with dark gray wheels), Dynamic package equipped (red brembos, 40 extra horsepower and dynamic suspension mode) for a decent price.

New enough to still be covered under the factory warranty, I could worry less about a proper PPI and get to driving.

After getting cosmetic items fixed and waiting on a home refinance, we were finally able to pick up our new to us Range Rover for my birthday. This will be our main driver going forward with the R for more fun and day trips.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/

Last edited by DaveSTi; 04-27-2022 at 04:16 PM.
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote