View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 10:25 AM   #203
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
Another update. I'm a big dumb idiot, but after getting my finances in order I bought another Touareg. This time a 2010 Lux Limited TDI with air suspension. One of a few dream Touaregs, and a pretty rare one.

I bought it in April, I think, with 91k miles, and now I'm at 94k maybe? I've barely driven it, just to camp occasionally. It sat for months when DMV services were closed.

In the last 8 months I've done way more than I wanted to do to it:
I bought wheels and tires for it from a friend (285/60R18 - 31.5"). Put too big of wheel spacers on it. Trimmed bumper/fender liner/intercooler vents and moved intercoolers to fit tires. Fixed an intercooler hose that popped off after moving the intercoolers. Did an oil and filter change. Swapped the HID bulbs in the headlights because one was failing. Temporarily fixed the driveshaft bearing support with heater hose and just received a new aftermarket, billet, bolt-in driveshaft support that I need to put in next weekend. Got cheap roof rack bars and a big roof box in anticipation of a return to Daytona, but that's probably not happening now. Swapped all the drivetrain fluids - front and rear diffs, transfer case, and transmission. And I also found a DPF/DEF delete for really cheap secondhand, so I installed that and tuned it.

Untitled by Pat, on Flickr
Driveshaft support by Pat, on Flickr
Heater hose driveshaft support fix by Pat, on Flickr

IMG_9165 by Pat, on Flickr
IMG_9609 by Pat, on Flickr
Untitled by Pat, on Flickr
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote