View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 03:08 AM   #66
GolNat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26054

My Ride:
2013 GTI 6MT Coupe

Some more minor stuff. Replaced my ugly license plate holder with one from a Volvo. It is a much more compact design that fit's my narrower license plate. I was concerned about it not fitting because my plate is made out of porcelain and it a lot thicker then a standard plate but it fit just fine. You can see some of the bronze color a little so I might remove it and paint the tabs that the studs are on black to blend it in a little better.

Before with the black plastic bracket.

After with the Volvo bracket. It's subtle but I like it.

I am also in the process of replacing the LCA bushings. There is nothing wrong with mine but someone listed a set of anti-lift caster brackets BNIB for a decent price so I grabbed them up. At full price I would probably wait but for 35% off I figured why not. A popular mod while doing the LCA bushings is to replace the stamped steel arms with aluminum ones from a Passat. This was a very large improvement from the MK5 GTI LCA that were very heavy but not as much of an improvement for MK6 GTI's. It is still a weight savings and I like to press the old bushings out and have the new ones ready to go to save time. The anti-lift brackets should add about 0.5-1 degrees of caster to improve turn in and steering response.

Arms are all cleaned and bushings have been removed. Got the pair of LCA's off eBay for cheap. They came off a 2006 Passat. I forgot to include the brackets in this photo but they are Super Pro ones (I'll add a Google image).

Google image of the bushing but you can see that the LCA will not be centered in the bushing and this is where the added caster comes from.

I have a K04 turbo upgrade fund going as I want more power. Waiting for a used one to come up for sale.
GolNat is offline   Reply With Quote