View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 08:26 PM   #60
GolNat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26054

My Ride:
2013 GTI 6MT Coupe

Clutch is broken in and it feels awesome. Finally got a chance to really hit boost and see how stage 2 feels and it's amazing!!! I am still monitoring my master cylinder fluid and oil for any leaks, so far it's all been good.

I have been in contact these past few weeks with a company who was looking for some people to do some beta testing for a franken turbo that they have developed. It is a cheaper alternative to upgrading to a K04 (Golf R) turbo and is a bolt on addition to a stage 2 tune. One member on the forum did some testing for them and got a 36 WHP increase from swapping in the fraken turbo. I reached out to the company to see if they could use me for testing. They said yes since they have not tested Unitronic software with the turbo. I first had to do some boost and engine load logs for them to see if my tune was capable of providing more then the the stock turbo can handle. Turns out my tune does not leave much room for growth as it is a more conservative tune (one of the reasons I chose it). The company was unsure how the fraken turbo would behave seeing as my boost and engine values are close to what the computer is telling the car to do. I decided to not get the turbo kit from them as they were not able to really guarantee any gains and the discount was not the best after factoring in the 2 mandatory dyno runs.

The logs just for fun.

Put the car up on jack stands last night to install my coil overs and did not have a 14mm triple square bit to remove the shock mount bolt. WTF!!!! Ordered a socket and will try to do the back tonight depending on how I'm feeling.
GolNat is offline   Reply With Quote