View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 06:28 PM   #32
GolNat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26054

My Ride:
2013 GTI 6MT Coupe

Carbon, Carbon and more Carbon

So I finally decided to take a peek at my valves to see what kind of carbon carnage I had with 48k miles. It actually didn't look too bad and I am relieved that it is not in need of cleaning ASAP. At least in my opinion I don't think it is that bad. I removed the IAT sensor and inserted a borescope that works off a phone app. Worked well and I was able to check out the middle 2 cylinders.

I was thinking of doing a carbon cleaning next year and once that is done would like to install meth so that it keeps it clean (and for more power of course).

Picked up a turbo outlet pipe, euro switch and automatic light sensor used off the forum. Euro switch is not something I was originally interested in but it gives you more lighting flexibility. With the switch I will be able to run my parking lights and fog lights but not have my headlights on. For parking and fog I would like to add amber bulbs to add some lighting style. The switch also allows for a rear fog light to be wired up so I might add that as well.

Thanks to some of the other members on here I checked out aliexpress and found a USB and AUX plug that will fit into the blank slots in front of the shifter for $20!! I hate having the AUX connector on the arm rest so moving that would be great. Adding the USB will need a little bit work as I don't have a USB connection on the back of the HU, but a small buck converter to lower the voltage and current should do the trick.
GolNat is offline   Reply With Quote